What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2017 NCAA Hoops Tourney thread: Congrats UNC, all the refs from NCCG should be banned for life*** (3 Viewers)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
I think the tournament needs its own thread to follow along in-game.  Providence and USC on right now.

W No.12 Princeton vs. W No.5 Notre Dame

KeyBank Center (Buffalo, N.Y.)

Thursday, March 16 12:15 pm

CBS

E No.12 UNC-Wilm. vs. E No.5 Virginia

Amway Center (Orlando, Fla.)

Thursday, March 16 12:40 pm

truTV

S No.13 Winthrop vs. S No.4 Butler

BMO Harris Bradley Center (Milwaukee, Wis.)

Thursday, March 16 1:30 pm

TNT

W No.16 S. Dak. St. vs. W No.1 Gonzaga

Vivint Smart Home Arena (Salt Lake City, Utah)

Thursday, March 16 2:00 pm

TBS

W No.13 Bucknell vs. W No.4 W. Virginia

Thursday, March 16 2:45 pm

CBS

E No.13 ETSU vs. E No.4 Florida

Thursday, March 16 3:10 pm

truTV

S No.12 Middle Tenn. vs. S No.5 Minnesota

Thursday, March 16 4:00 pm

TNT

W No.9 Vanderbilt vs. W No.8 Northwestern

Thursday, March 16 4:30 pm

TBS

W No.11 Xavier vs. W No.6 Maryland

Thursday, March 16 6:50 pm

TNT

No.16 Mt St Mary's vs. E No.1 Villanova

Thursday, March 16 7:10 pm

CBS

W No.10 VCU vs. W No.7 St. Mary's

Thursday, March 16 7:20 pm

TBS

MW No.13 Vermont vs. MW No.4 Purdue

Thursday, March 16 7:27 pm

truTV

W No.14 FGCU vs. W No.3 Florida St.

Thursday, March 16 9:20 pm

TNT

E No.9 Va. Tech vs. E No.8 Wisconsin

Thursday, March 16 9:40 pm

CBS

W No.15 North Dakota vs. W No.2 Arizona

Thursday, March 16 9:50 pm

TBS

MW No.12 Nevada vs. MW No.5 Iowa St.

Thursday, March 16 9:57 pm

truTV

MW No.10 Oklahoma St. vs. MW No.7 Michigan

Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Indianapolis, Ind.)

Friday, March 17 12:15 pm

CBS

E No.14 New Mex. St. vs. E No.3 Baylor

BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)

Friday, March 17 12:40 pm

truTV

S No.9 Seton Hall vs. S No.8 Arkansas

Bon Secours Wellness Arena (Greenville, SC)

Friday, March 17 1:30 pm

TNT

MW No.14 Iona vs. MW No.3 Oregon

Golden 1 Center (Sacramento, CA)

Friday, March 17 2:00 pm

TBS

MW No.15 Jax. State vs. MW No.2 Louisville

Friday, March 17 2:45 pm

CBS

TBD vs. E No.6 SMU

BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)

Friday, March 17 3:10 pm

truTV

S No.16 Texas So. vs. S No.1 N. Carolina

Friday, March 17 4:00 pm

TNT

MW No.11 Rhode Island vs. MW No.6 Creighton

Friday, March 17 4:30 pm

TBS

TBD vs. MW No.1 Kansas

BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)

Friday, March 17 6:50 pm

TNT

S No.10 Wichita St. vs. S No.7 Dayton

Friday, March 17 7:10 pm

CBS

E No.15 Troy vs. E No.2 Duke

Friday, March 17 7:20 pm

TBS

No.11 Kansas St. vs. S No.6 Cincinnati

Friday, March 17 7:27 pm

truTV

MW No.9 Michigan St. vs. MW No.8 Miami (Fla.)

BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)

Friday, March 17 9:20 pm

TNT

S No.15 N. Kentucky vs. S No.2 Kentucky

Friday, March 17 9:40 pm

CBS

E No.10 Marquette vs. E No.7 S. Carolina

Friday, March 17 9:50 pm

TBS

S No.14 Kent St. vs. S No.3 UCLA

Friday, March 17 9:57 pm

truTV

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a bracket together today, had UNC/Duke in the finals... Honestly, don't think either gets there even though Duke is all the hype right now, but that would be the greatest game ever.

I put a bracket together today, had UNC/Duke in the finals... Honestly, don't think either gets there even though Duke is all the hype right now, but that would be the greatest game ever.
My junior high teacher wanted me to put together his bracket for the teacher's pool in 1986 since all I did was talk about sports.  I had a Louisville/Duke final and had 11th seed LSU going to the quarters (they went to the Final 4).  I got a B when I deserved a C- in that class. 

Guys that yell out "And 1" when the shot they slung toward the basket has no earthly chance of going in should be denied their free throw attempts.  Or maybe get just the 1 free throw they called for...

Games that interest me tomorrow...

All those early games with lower seeds facing higher seeds.  Lazy crowds and sleepy teams lead to upsets.

Also looking forward to that St Mary's/VCU game tomorrow night, that looks like a gem. 

Hey folks, this is our annual reminder not to clutter up the NCAA Tournament thread with news about how your bracket sheets are doing.  PM your bracket sheets to shuke.  shuke will compile everyone's bracket sheet into a big Google Doc, post a link to it when it is ready, and update it a couple times each competition day as game results come in.

Everyone here wants FFAers to all win their office pools, but the thread is so much easier to read when we funnel traffic to the Google Doc.  

Much thanks to shuke for taking this on every year.  You're one-in-a-million, big guy.

I think bracket updates in here are fine, don't clutter up the real CBB thread with that junk.  I'm taking all your spam right here! 

All those early games with lower seeds facing higher seeds.  Lazy crowds and sleepy teams lead to upsets.

Also looking forward to that St Mary's/VCU game tomorrow night, that looks like a gem. 
Agree on all accounts...lot of 11, 12, 13 seeds in action early and mid-day tomorrow.  I'm taking VCU but wouldn't be surprised if St Mary's rolls.  

The early session in Buffalo tomorrow intrigues me.  5/12 and 4/13 games, the underdogs are academic powerhouses, ####ty weather in Buffalo and surrounding areas makes it unlikely the building is full.

The early session in Buffalo tomorrow intrigues me.  5/12 and 4/13 games, the underdogs are academic powerhouses, ####ty weather in Buffalo and surrounding areas makes it unlikely the building is full.
I'm teleworking tomorrow, meaning I'll be at the bar by 4:00.  :hifive: :banned:

I'm a big SMU believer, but USC might be a very bad matchup for them. Whole lotta length in there...May have to do some bracket rearranging if the trojans pull this out.  

I'm a big SMU believer, but USC might be a very bad matchup for them. Whole lotta length in there...May have to do some bracket rearranging if the trojans pull this out.  
I think it's a huge advantage to play in these play in games, especially when you have to face a six seed two days later.  College hoops like hockey has a lot to do with momentum, especially this first weekend. 

I think it's a huge advantage to play in these play in games, especially when you have to face a six seed two days later.  College hoops like hockey has a lot to do with momentum, especially this first weekend. 
Don't bet against a hot goalie

Ed Cooley calls timeout less than a minute in to the game to get control.  lets his team choke away 17 pt lead without batting an eye.

I know right?  I used to skip school with a bunch of other hoop nerds in HS to watch the opening round games.  When I was stationed in Italy I would always take this Thu-Sun off off work, but that is when I liked CBB more than about anything not college football.  Times have changed. 
I have never worked this weekend in my entire life. I call it my spring break. Wife still chose to have a kid with me. 

I went to a Buffalo Wild Wings a few years back for either thu or fri opening day, it was god awful. There were like 9 people there, the waitresses were wearing long sleeved shirts and the manager looked like a guy who was just involved in a sex scandal. Never again, their commercials are bull####. 

I went to a Buffalo Wild Wings a few years back for either thu or fri opening day, it was god awful. There were like 9 people there, the waitresses were wearing long sleeved shirts and the manager looked like a guy who was just involved in a sex scandal. Never again, their commercials are bull####. 
I've never been to the BW3 near me, ever.  I will stop at those out of town though.

Around here they are indifferent to CFB, but they do like CBB and Maryland plays tomorrow so it should be good. 

I'm teleworking tomorrow, meaning I'll be at the bar by 4:00.  :hifive: :banned:
Gonna be home all day and night tomorrow to watch the games in peace.

On Friday, KU, K-State, and Wichita State all play the first game of the evening session at their sites.  I'll be at Austin's for those.  Might get there about 6-7 hours early just to make sure I've got a seat that can view all three games.  

I've never been to the BW3 near me, ever.  I will stop at those out of town though.

Around here they are indifferent to CFB, but they do like CBB and Maryland plays tomorrow so it should be good. 
I go once a year. It's a great set-up for our FFB draft. Food just feels like it's going to kill you if you go more often. 

My wife is a gator and I am obviously an FSU fan so we've been scoping out Saturday tickets all weeks. After they announced the draw the tickets have oddly gone down like 35%. You can tell the brokers overbought. But I am still hesitant to lay out 400- total before tomorrow's games in case both teams get upset and lose. I don't want to pay all that money to watch FGSU play Maryland. 

The flip side is I am worried tickets may spike once one or both of the gators/FSU win. What's the move here? 

My wife is a gator and I am obviously an FSU fan so we've been scoping out Saturday tickets all weeks. After they announced the draw the tickets have oddly gone down like 35%. You can tell the brokers overbought. But I am still hesitant to lay out 400- total before tomorrow's games in case both teams lose. I don't want to pay all that money to watch FGSU play Maryland. 

The flip side is I am worried tickets may spike once one or both of the gators/FSU win. What's the move here? 
Chance of both UF and FSU losing is small.  Buy just before first game starts tomorrow, sell if FSU loses and tell your wife you never bought them.  Profit, drink, be lively. :moneybag:

Not NCAA tourney, but this UT Arlington/BYU game has 130 points four minutes into the second half.  :thumbup:

It stands for Sports, who knew :shrug:
Ha, I'll give you the short version. The guys on WEEI in Boston in the afternoon love making fun of Francesa, and they use my clips.... just about every day during the Final Drive segment which begins at 5:45 ET. Anyway, they are always cool about giving me a plug, but the old handle was incredibly clumsy to say. "R N s underscore Funhouse". @SportsFunhouse simplified things for them. Easier to remember too.

Ha, I'll give you the short version. The guys on WEEI in Boston in the afternoon love making fun of Francesa, and they use my clips.... just about every day during the Final Drive segment which begins at 5:45 ET. Anyway, they are always cool about giving me a plug, but the old handle was incredibly clumsy to say. "R N s underscore Funhouse". @SportsFunhouse simplified things for them. Easier to remember too.
Glad it's working out for you :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread