What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL or FML? (1 Viewer)

Braktastic

Footballguy
Ugh, this new MFL rollout really blows.  So it looks like waivers have been activated in a few of my leagues, and I have entered some claims in preparation for Thursday's processing of them; but how do I re-order my claims?  Any help would be appreciated!

Yeah, not only did they not roll it over in the time they originally said for the second year in a row. It was a terrible rollout with things not even complete.
If they kept up with it over the years, they wouldnt have to do a virtual complete rebuild like they have and mess everything up.

I can't get MFL at work, and I never seem to have time at home. Do you need to pay to use their services? I would like to start a league where it's survivor meets DFS (pick any player to fill your roster but can only pick each player once over the course of the season- I'm not entirely sure what that kind of a league is called but I know MFL offers this). Curious if you'd have to pay to start a league like this. I've never used MFL

You can't.  Delete and re-add. 
Jesus.  Actually, that didn't even work.  It seems to sort them from highest bid amount to lowest, but deleting a player and re-adding with the same amount as another moved it right back where it was!   :rant:

Jesus.  Actually, that didn't even work.  It seems to sort them from highest bid amount to lowest, but deleting a player and re-adding with the same amount as another moved it right back where it was!   :rant:
Well pay close attention to the Round you use.  It always defaults to 1, so if you don't remember to change it then yes it will add a later request to Round 1, which will then sort by size of bid.

I can't get MFL at work, and I never seem to have time at home. Do you need to pay to use their services? I would like to start a league where it's survivor meets DFS (pick any player to fill your roster but can only pick each player once over the course of the season- I'm not entirely sure what that kind of a league is called but I know MFL offers this). Curious if you'd have to pay to start a league like this. I've never used MFL
You don't have to pay until like Week 2.  You don't get Week 1 results if not paid by then.  There are early discount periods in June or to if you do intend to pay though.

Dr. Brew said:
MFL has by far the most customizability in terms of league rules. 

But it's absolutely horrible in every other way.

:shrug: I've been commishing 4 (redraft) leagues with them for over 10 years. I like MFL. Never had a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hankmoody said:
Well pay close attention to the Round you use.  It always defaults to 1, so if you don't remember to change it then yes it will add a later request to Round 1, which will then sort by size of bid.
I don't even see an option for Round.  Where do I find that?

Rounds are used if your league has Conditional Blind Bidding enabled.  You can basically say "I want Swoope, and if I don't get him I want Niles Paul, and if I don't get either of those next I want Vance McDonald".  All of those bids are in one "group" so once any of them are matched that round is over and you won't get any more from that list.

I didn't catch your earlier comment about ordering them by price descending.  They do this because otherwise you could list them as "Add Tyreek for $1, Add Tyreek $2, Add Tyreek $3" and so on.  Eventually you'd get a match that's higher than all others but with no wasted money.  Their system doesn't allow that. 

Worth mentioning that without Conditional Bidding, the order you put them in is irrelevant.  They will all fire, and they can all win as long as you are high bidder on each.

Worth mentioning that without Conditional Bidding, the order you put them in is irrelevant.  They will all fire, and they can all win as long as you are high bidder on each.
Thanks.  I don't think our commissioner has conditional bidding set up, which seems like it would be pretty important because otherwise how would you prioritize which FA you'd prefer over another assuming your were only willing to spend the same amount on each one?

Braktastic said:
Thanks.  I don't think our commissioner has conditional bidding set up, which seems like it would be pretty important because otherwise how would you prioritize which FA you'd prefer over another assuming your were only willing to spend the same amount on each one?
That's the exact purpose of Conditional Bidding, especially if you don't want both.

Users who are viewing this thread