Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Cjw_55106

***Official Big Brother 20 Thread*** No Spoilers Starts 6/27

1 minute ago, ajm27501 said:

I think that Ross lost a vote from James when he talked about winning the bowl-a-rama challenge as evidence of his competition skills, not remembering that James threw the finals of that comp to Ross.

Good call.  I didn't pick up what changed James' vote and meant to bring that up here.

Mark also tossed Ross his last HOH.  

I still think Ross was far superior to Marissa though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

Good call.  I didn't pick up what changed James' vote and meant to bring that up here.

Mark also tossed Ross his last HOH.  

I still think Ross was far superior to Marissa though.

Marissa in her speech blatantly said that Ross was the better player and she rode his coattails. You could tell the moment in her one blabbering response that internally she was saying "ah hell, I got nothing".   I was actually waiting for her to say "guys, this is dumb me trying to convince you of much here...just give it to Ross".

20 minutes ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

this season was dumb. and note to all future reality show producers: keep Brandi off my TV. she sucks.

I couldn't take my eyes off her stroke mouth.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, NotSmart said:

Ross played the best game by far, but he rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm glad Marissa won. 

The social part of the game is just as important as the strategy.

I'm not sure if the contestants knew that the voted out peeps would be able to go home immediately and watch everything and thus vote with pretty good knowledge about the scheming that had transpired.  

But if they did know this, then a lot of them said and did some dumb stuff that either would have or did cost them votes.

My wife is still into this show, but I'm losing interest.  I still generally like the concept of the game, but the winners of most recent seasons don't match with who appeared to deserve it.   It's too much of a time suck for what is essentially a crap shot. 

5 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

I believe this is the first season since the first season where the best player didn't lose because he was a donkey.

Ross wasn't horrible by any means, but he was super cocky and had an air of superiority about him which I'm sure rubbed some people (besides me) the wrong way. 

That quality really came out in the final speeches, and he may well have lost a vote or two right there. 

Paul had the same cockiness, and I'm sure that was at least part of his two downfalls as well.

22 hours ago, NotSmart said:

Ross wasn't horrible by any means, but he was super cocky and had an air of superiority about him which I'm sure rubbed some people (besides me) the wrong way. 

That quality really came out in the final speeches, and he may well have lost a vote or two right there. 

Paul had the same cockiness, and I'm sure that was at least part of his two downfalls as well.

I can understand that when you have a close vote. Ross or Marisa shouldn’t have been a tough decision. She did absolutely nothing, other than winning one memory contest. 

They sure don't deviate one bit from their ideal contestant build.

• Like 1

Those faces mean nothing to me now, but by mid-July I'll hate most of those d-bags.  

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

They sure don't deviate one bit from their ideal contestant build.

Old white guy

Gay guy

Non-white guy

Non-white girl

Bunch of 20-30 year old whites. 

• Like 2

Looks like all new people for now at least.  I already hate the guy with the pink tank on.  Chicks look like they should be pretty decent as usual.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 0:38 PM, mozzy84 said:

Looks like all new people for now at least.  I already hate the guy with the pink tank on.  Chicks look like they should be pretty decent as usual.

Bump for tonight.

But that guy is a small person.

Not sure what you have against the vertically challenged but noted.

1 hour ago, GOB said:

Bump for tonight.

But that guy is a small person.

Not sure what you have against the vertically challenged but noted.

will they adjust some of the endurance challenges for his size or make him use the same equipment as someone 6'4"?

33 minutes ago, dino259 said:

will they adjust some of the endurance challenges for his size or make him use the same equipment as someone 6'4"?

I guess I will ask CBS. Hold on.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GOB said:

I guess I will ask CBS. Hold on.

I chortled

This first episode was the best in years.

Holy crap how that guy gets booted.

1 hour ago, dino259 said:

In Survivor they do.

Seems like a really interesting mix of people, I think it could be a great season.

They already made the woman I liked most a robot... hopefully the first live eviction happens earlier than normal this season so she can get back to a normal game.

The producers could have some strategic fun with when and how long the spinning pinwheel of doom shows up.

I'm horrible on learning the names so it will take a few episodes... but so far I like the nerd, the football woman, the robot welder, surfer dood, and J.C. (I guess I learned one name).

I don't really dislike anyone yet, but as soon as the stewardess starts bringing the crazy and drama, she'll probably be my first dislike.

The cyber security guy is a little too smug/superior as well, but maybe he'll be able to back it up.

Again, I think it's a great mix of fascinating personalities!  :popcorn:

11 hours ago, NotSmart said:

Seems like a really interesting mix of people, I think it could be a great season.

They already made the woman I liked most a robot... hopefully the first live eviction happens earlier than normal this season so she can get back to a normal game.

The producers could have some strategic fun with when and how long the spinning pinwheel of doom shows up.

I'm horrible on learning the names so it will take a few episodes... but so far I like the nerd, the football woman, the robot welder, surfer dood, and J.C. (I guess I learned one name).

I don't really dislike anyone yet, but as soon as the stewardess starts bringing the crazy and drama, she'll probably be my first dislike.

The cyber security guy is a little too smug/superior as well, but maybe he'll be able to back it up.

Again, I think it's a great mix of fascinating personalities!  :popcorn:

Agreed.

What did you see in the football chick?  Seemed very meh to me.  JC was really annoying too.  The cyber security dude was smug, but wasn't most of that coming from scripted diary sessions?  I want to see him interact in the house more.

Robot welder seemed pretty funny along with the lifeguard.  Not all of that comes from their diary sessions.  

Most annoying in the first episode was aroma life therapy chick IMO.  

I thought the investigator turned mechanic seemed like a good person to root for off the rip, he can make things interesting.  People are already catching on to him though.  

9 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I thought the investigator turned mechanic seemed like a good person to root for off the rip, he can make things interesting.  People are already catching on to him though.  

yea for being an undercover cop he should know to not look and sound exactly like a stereotypical cop.   I can't believe I'm two years older than that guy, I think he's lying about his age too.

I think I heard the word swaggy at least 200 times in that first episode, its already getting old. May need to make a drinking game out of that word.

Swaggy really thinks he has the game under control....obviously he doesnt. Good start to the season. 

• Like 2

I read somewhere that the trivial pursuit looking pinwheel thingy is supposed to be akin to the "you're waiting while your computer is doing something" icon on the Mac. Hence, when it starts spinning, football-player girl can't do anything. She has to stay exactly where she's at. 

Clever than I expected CBS....

4 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Swaggy really thinks he has the game under control....obviously he doesnt. Good start to the season. 

Yeah, not a fan of this guy but I hope he sticks around awhile for the drama aspect. Same with his girl.

I'm against anyone with a forced nickname. I think if "Swaggy" had waited 4 years to be on this show, I'd really like him. But he ripped off Nick Young's nickname and is going with it way too hard. There's no circumstance in which I wouldn't hate "Rockstar." She's an amalgamation of every contestant I've ever not liked.

This is probably the best looking group of women on this show that I can remember. They'd really dropped the ball in recent seasons, but it appears they've realized that people will watch scantily clad smoke shows on TV.

I almost really like the cutting it down to 8 people eligible for eviction the first week. It should at least have made people think about not throwing the first HOH contest. If it's you against 16 others, you're dumb to win it. But 8 is about right. I also like that production isn't hiding the fact that they're going to #### with the show whenever they want. Vote all you want. I'd rather have that than them try to sneakily do it.

8 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Oh, the person who thinks they run the house in the first week keeps making ####### decisions? It's crazy how this happens every ####### year.

I get mad everytime Rockstar is on the screen. Definition of Annoying to me. 

• Like 5

On 7/3/2018 at 7:14 PM, offdee said:

I get mad everytime Rockstar is on the screen. Definition of Annoying to me. 

The glasses are so horrid.  I keep wondering if she lost a bet.

• Like 1

How did Haleigh fall in with the ugly side of the house? There are like 3 of the best looking girls in the history of the show on this season, and it's weird that they aren't a group.

Also, we've had 2 BB threads for some ####ty ### seasons. This is an awesome season. There have been 3 surprise evictions so far. There's drama, hot girls, a great bromance, JC's crazy bull####, and Kaitlyn's clairvoyance. Y'all need to get your #### together and start watching this show.

• Like 1

agreed this season has been good so far. I am hoping tyler lies like crazy and doesn't admit where his vote went.  That's three in a row for that side of the house not getting what they thought they were going to get on eviction night.

Only annoying part of the show is rockstar and scotty. Crossing my fingers its one of those two going home this week but probably not likely....

18 hours ago, Rirruto said:

Also, we've had 2 BB threads for some ####ty ### seasons. This is an awesome season. There have been 3 surprise evictions so far. There's drama, hot girls, a great bromance, JC's crazy bull####, and Kaitlyn's clairvoyance. Y'all need to get your #### together and start watching this show.

Apparently someone told her about what Brett and Winston did just before she went upstairs to confirm it.  It's easy to have "visions" when someone tells you.

Nobody gives a flying F about your daughter’s birthday Rockstar.  

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, offdee said:

Nobody gives a flying F about your daughter’s birthday Rockstar.  

I think that is word for word what I said when watching the show last night.

Like it's a holiday in the house and everyone has to stop playing the game.

She needs to go.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

I think that is word for word what I said when watching the show last night.

Like it's a holiday in the house and everyone has to stop playing the game.

She needs to go.

That UGLY Winch needs to go!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VolBoy said:

That UGLY Winch needs to go!!!!

Probably the ugliest contestant ever.  Oh and those stupid glasses......

I guess I'm rooting for a different side of the house than everyone else.

Pretty happy that Sam didn't waste her power on one of the duushbros. But if he really was going to switch sides upon returning, I'd be all for it.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:32 PM, matuski said:

Brett's veto speech this week was the best one in all of BB history.

Then you've never seen Will Kirby or Dan Geedling play. Brett's a #######. He calls Scott spineless cuz he got nominated for eviction AND lost the veto to him? What a pansy victim. How long before he starts banging pots and pans?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EYLive said:

Then you've never seen Will Kirby or Dan Geedling play. Brett's a #######. He calls Scott spineless cuz he got nominated for eviction AND lost the veto to him? What a pansy victim. How long before he starts banging pots and pans?

I've seen them all.  The best.  Ever.

eta - best speech.  hasn't really done much in game.

Edited by matuski

Can someone post a link to the reddit thread. I can't find it. Seems like a good season to check it out. 

Don't tell Joe. 

16 hours ago, EYLive said:

I guess I'm rooting for a different side of the house than everyone else.

Pretty happy that Sam didn't waste her power on one of the duushbros. But if he really was going to switch sides upon returning, I'd be all for it.

I tend to always root for the side with the best eye candy.  This year is clearly Angela/Rachel but Haleigh is solid too.  Rockstar is umbearable to me, she needs to go pronto.

• Like 1