What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 rookie pick 1.07 post combine (Closed) (1 Viewer)

Who would you select for pick 1.07 in a 2 QB league rookie draft?

• Ju Ju Smith-Schuster

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • OJ Howard

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • John Ross

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Evan Engram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deshaun Watson

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Mitch Trubisky

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Deshone Kizer

• Patrick Mahomes

• David Njoku

• Taywan Taylor

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kareem Hunt

• Zay Jones

• Dont play this format

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This poll is to find out where rookie players stack up after the combine.

My goal is to run these polls up until the NFL and see how far we can get. Hopefully a top 25 at least, but if polls go fast maybe we can get deeper than that. Will have to see how this goes.

There are two polls, one for typical 12 team leagues 20 roster spots, PPR or standard scoring. Although there are some differences between these two scoring formats, I don't think the information gained by that difference is much, the order should be about the same except that WR should be valued more in PPR leagues.

The second poll is for 2 QB leagues as I want to see where the QBs are valued compared to other players in this format.

Please suggest players you think should be on the next set of polls or changes you might make to the players currently available in the poll.

I am pulling names from Mike Clays nice top 100 list here. But I will add new players based on the communities recommendations before just adding the next player from Mikes list.

Discussion very welcome.

Results

1.01 Leonard Fournette 73% and 48% at 52 votes

1.02 Dalvin Cook 65% and 43.75% at 84 votes

1.03 Corey Davis 45% and 23.4% at 68 votes

1.04 Mike Williams 40% and 23% at 80 votes
1.05 Christian McCaffrey 53% and 26% at 70 votes

1.06 Joe Mixon 75% and 26% at 76 votes

OJ Howard 33% and Deshaun Watson 20% at 92 votes

The next poll can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
JuJu for me. Has some issues but I think he is the most ready for Sunday's in this class. 

Went Howard in standard, Watson in 2 QB league.  My guess is this is the point where the two league type picks start to diverge. At this point (pre-NFL Draft), there is a pretty clear top 6 regardless of league type. Not the case from pick 7 on. 

Went Howard in standard, Watson in 2 QB league.  My guess is this is the point where the two league type picks start to diverge. At this point (pre-NFL Draft), there is a pretty clear top 6 regardless of league type. Not the case from pick 7 on. 
Agreed on all.  

thatguy said:
Exactly my thinking,

Went Ross in 1QB and Watson in 2QB. I really like Ross, and it's possible that I end up having him at 1.06 depending on how the draft shakes out.

As for the 2QB leagues, 1.07 feels like about the lowest the top QB should go in this format if he's a solid prospect, and I'm actually a pretty big Watson fan. Of course the draft could make me drop Watson down the board some, but I can't see going much later than this before the 1st QB comes off the board in a 2QB format. 

Do these results imply that the pool thinks Howard will produce faster than the usual NFL te? Consensus seems to be that you can expect a 3 year learning curve, and with the prospects available that could produce earlier than that I'm not sure I'm willing to go te just yet. No doubt Howard is an elite prospect.

Do these results imply that the pool thinks Howard will produce faster than the usual NFL te? Consensus seems to be that you can expect a 3 year learning curve, and with the prospects available that could produce earlier than that I'm not sure I'm willing to go te just yet. No doubt Howard is an elite prospect.
Could be a result of league types too. I'm in a where everyone has 3 or 4 TEs. So the FA pool is pretty bleak. So, roster sizes might boost Howard. 

petekrum said:
So hard without knowing where guys will land. 
I think we are definitely at that point in the polls now where "landing spot" is going to be a major factor in real rookie drafts.

Polls should be broken out into PPR and non-PPR too.
While are at it, definitely te enhanced, flex lineups, 32 team leagues... 

Kidding, but there are a lot of things that affect player value especially after the first 6 or so picks. 

While are at it, definitely te enhanced, flex lineups, 32 team leagues... 

Kidding, but there are a lot of things that affect player value especially after the first 6 or so picks. 
Historically around here they've been broken into those sub-cats.

In PPR, McCaffrey is much more valuable than in non. And the WRs could all conceivably move up significantly as well.

Yeah if you want a separate poll for PPR and standard leagues, which I have done before, you can do that poll yourself. I am not spending another 2 minutes per poll to add that this time around.

If you want it fire it up.

There is a clear tier break after pick 6 as confirmed by voters going for OJ Howard in the standard poll and Watson in the 2QB poll.

Users who are viewing this thread