What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dwight Clark has ALS (1 Viewer)

Have a family friend who was dx with a condition that is similar to ALS but worse and extremely rare. Really feel for this guy. Horrible news

Wow.  Sad news but very odd timing.

I just picked up Pride of the Yankees starring Gary Cooper two days ago and watched it for the first time in decades.  It is about Lou Gehrig.  ALS is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.  Sad to hear about Dwight or anyone with this terrible disease.

Sucks.  He always seemed like a good guy in addition to being an excellent football player.

Ugly disease.  A next door neighbor of mine was diagnosed with it 5 years ago.  Horrible for him and his family. 

Very sad.  I also just read Gayle Sayers has had dementia for a couple of years and doesn't remember anything. 

I'm sure both linked to concussions and CTE.

Just got back from the funeral for my wife's uncle who got ALS 18 months ago.  The man lived a great life, opened for Chicago and Styx with his band when he was young, ran a successful business in the Chicago area until he retired at 60.  Dead at 62.  Horrible disease.  One of the saddest funerals I've ever been to.  

Users who are viewing this thread