What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I made a movie,"Mustang Island." Its on Netflix now. (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
I exec produced a film project late last year. I posted a few things here at the time, but mainly talked around it, as the crew wanted to minimize advance word until we finally got it in the can. 

Its a romantic comedy (if you have to classify it, which is hard), called Mustang Island.

Its stars Macon Blair, who also starred in Blue Ruin  and Green Room. He also won Sundance this year with his feature, I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore (now on Netflix).

I'm really proud of it. Its a good movie and I would like to invite all of my friends here at FFA to come to the premiere as my guest. We are also trying to get together an after party with the cast and crew.  Please let me know if you can attend and I will get you passes.  You are welcome to bring friends (SORRY SOLD OUT, but there is an added screening Sunday evening at 9:30).. Its in Dallas on 4/1 at 2:30 in the afternoon.

I'm hosting a cocktail reception from 5-8 Saturday evening with the cast and crew. If you want to come, pm me for details.

LINK

UPDATE 11/19 

After the festival premiere a lot of things started happening. Slowly and with tons of non-disclosure stuff, so I've stayed pretty mum. 

At this point I can say is  Mustang Island  is playing in Austin this week at the VIOLET CROWN CINEMA 434 W. 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701. Thus far its been sold out most showings, but I imagine early this week there will be seats still available. 

Right now it looks like everyone should be able to see it next year. I'm not attempting to be nebulous, but I am unsure when I can tell exact details, sorry. 

UPDATE 12/14

Netflix has announced it will be in their January lineup, beginning Jan 2, 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is traveling from out of town, we have some good rates ($159) at the Magnolia Hotel.

I'll be there - is there a link I can send to peeps to get them interested? Any fliers or something to put up in bars?

@cosjobs let me know and if you want to grab a beer down here and walk to a couple bars where I've made a couple inroads with since I'm a degenerate. Otherwise shoot me a link and I'll see what I can drum up. 

I'll be there - is there a link I can send to peeps to get them interested? Any fliers or something to put up in bars?

@cosjobs let me know and if you want to grab a beer down here and walk to a couple bars where I've made a couple inroads with since I'm a degenerate. Otherwise shoot me a link and I'll see what I can drum up. 
Thanks dude. Link in the first post. And let me know if you want to bring friends, I'll get you all passes. Might be looking for  a venue in the Mockingbird/Central area, if you know of somewhere I can host the afterparty

• Smile
Reactions: T J
So awesome.  God, I wish I could do something creative instead of wasting my life doing mundane BS.  I am both envious of and incredibly happy for you, GB.  Wish I could be at the premiere to support you.
If you only you knew an artist to collaborate with

Thanks dude. Link in the first post. And let me know if you want to bring friends, I'll get you all passes. Might be looking for  a venue in the Mockingbird/Central area, if you know of somewhere I can host the afterparty
The magnolia in West Village? I'm literally two blocks from there...

any reason you prefer afterparty up at mockingbird as opposed to someplace in uptown that's a walk from the theatre? What time you looking as I have a couple ideas (one is to use the rooftop lounge/outdoor space of the building above Mattios in Oak Lawn as I have a connection with the developer, also plenty of private rooms or rooftops that may be available at bars/restaurants here)

Either way consider me in along with my wife... will circulate to my friends. 

The magnolia in West Village? I'm literally two blocks from there...

any reason you prefer afterparty up at mockingbird as opposed to someplace in uptown that's a walk from the theatre? What time you looking as I have a couple ideas (one is to use the rooftop lounge/outdoor space of the building above Mattios in Oak Lawn as I have a connection with the developer, also plenty of private rooms or rooftops that may be available at bars/restaurants here)

Either way consider me in along with my wife... will circulate to my friends. 
The film screens at the Magnolia Theater on McKinney in West Village. Ideally the party will be nearby, as there are a lot of people from out of town coming and I don't want to send them wandering around Dallas. I assume we are talking about the Magnolia Hotel near the theater, but I will confirm.

The film screens at the Magnolia Theater on McKinney in West Village. Ideally the party will be nearby, as there are a lot of people from out of town coming and I don't want to send them wandering around Dallas. I assume we are talking about the Magnolia Hotel near the theater, but I will confirm.
Yeah I love two small blocks from there.  What are your needs / budget for the afterparty?

So awesome.  God, I wish I could do something creative instead of wasting my life doing mundane BS.  I am both envious of and incredibly happy for you, GB.  Wish I could be at the premiere to support you.
He just wrote the check...that is not creative!

Just kidding, Cos. Congratulations!  I hope the premier goes well and leads to even bigger and better opportunities! 

Yeah I love two small blocks from there.  What are your needs / budget for the afterparty?
I'll be buying passes for all who want them, maybe 30? at 12 each and I'd really like to come in budget of a grand or less. I can cater it myself its at a space that allows me to bring booze and food. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll need to revise budget. My bil lives in University Park and we can maybe  do it at his house, but unsure. Just started working on putting all this together today... Maybe 50 people at the party including cast? Unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be buying passes for all who want them, maybe 30? at 12 each and I'd really like to come in budget of a grand or less. I can cater it myself its at a space that allows me to bring booze and food. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll need to revise budget. My bil lives in University Park and we can maybe  do it at his house, but unsure. Just started working on putting all this together today... Maybe 50 people at the party including cast? Unsure
Thinking a 2-3 hour party. 5ish to 7:30 or so. 

Thinking a 2-3 hour party. 5ish to 7:30 or so. 
Obviously I'm still new to these parts, but will see what I can do.  

At the least, may be able to get an hour or two of beer & wine with some snacks someplace as hard lixx and afterward would be cash bar so more enticing for an establishment... plus it's before the busy time of evening anyway.  

Koya said:
Obviously I'm still new to these parts, but will see what I can do.  

At the least, may be able to get an hour or two of beer & wine with some snacks someplace as hard lixx and afterward would be cash bar so more enticing for an establishment... plus it's before the busy time of evening anyway.  
Good points all.

RokNRole said:
If you only you knew an artist to collaborate with
I'll totally do a humor comic and see where that goes. I don't know the first thing about "how to" write a comic book. I've never been a comics guy. A little direction (length, amount of words per panel, etc) to get me started is all I need. 

I'll totally do a humor comic and see where that goes. I don't know the first thing about "how to" write a comic book. I've never been a comics guy. A little direction (length, amount of words per panel, etc) to get me started is all I need. 
I'm still working on the ace frehley story

ill be done with my antibiotics and can start drinking again in a few days and that's usually when I get my drawings done

we can see the reception and then work out a system

Users who are viewing this thread