What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I made a movie,"Mustang Island." Its on Netflix now. (1 Viewer)

Will this be viewable outside of TX? Is there some way to see it digitally?

Congrats!!!
This is festival premiere and we will be doing more festivals, hoping to get a distribution deal.I'll post the festivals here as they are scheduled.

We're actually hoping no digital copies making the rounds at this point.
DC area - let us know!! There are a bunch of us here!!!

@Koya - Post the iPhone version!!! ;)

Do you have a podium? I'd like to set you up in a corner of the room as the consierge.
I've graduated from concierge to consigliere. (seriously, if you need me to help "host" I'm down for whatever helps out ... but don't have a podium. Hotel likely does)

I sadly can't make it. Going to help move some stuff out at my family's cabin in east texas Saturday.  This has been planned for awhile and I tried to bump it with no luck.  May send my wife though.
I think I may have one ticket left, contact me if she wants to go.

Congratulations!!! Hope it does well. The closest thing to this I have done is hiring a local Austin company to create a 7 minute video for internal company use. Used a modeling agency, Emmy award videographer and licensed song rights. I can't even imagine what it takes to put a full length picture together. Will be flying to Miami Sat. for work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!! Hope it does well. The closest thing to this I have done is hiring a local Austin company to create a 7 minute video for internal control use. Used a modeling agency, Emmy award videographer and licensed song rights. I can't even imagine what it takes to put a full length picture together.
Their respective budgets may have been closer than you would think.

So fun.

Seems to have been a hit.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support. And a special shout to Koya, hell of a guy. First we ever meet IRL and it was like seeing an old college buddy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Movie was actually really, really good. It was an all out awesome day. 

Cosjobs - you and your wife made me feel like a welcome guest in a City you don't even live in (anymore)!  

Hope peeps will have a chance to see this film, some exceptional scenes.

What are the responsibilities of an Executive Producer? Are you always on the set or is the EP's role behind the scenes?

Congratulations! 

What are the responsibilities of an Executive Producer? Are you always on the set or is the EP's role behind the scenes?

Congratulations! 
Yes, its behind the scenes. Sometime the EP finds/hires the producer/director and/or participates in film-making decisions, but in all cases its about getting the money together to get the thing made. I was asked about and consulted on a number of matters, but it was mostly a formality or them being nice. I came in late and had complete faith in them or I would not have stepped forward with checks. During the process I became quite close with the director and would not be surprised if we did more things together,with me being more closely involved from the start.

Yes, its behind the scenes. Sometime the EP finds/hires the producer/director and/or participates in film-making decisions, but in all cases its about getting the money together to get the thing made. I was asked about and consulted on a number of matters, but it was mostly a formality or them being nice. I came in late and had complete faith in them or I would not have stepped forward with checks. During the process I became quite close with the director and would not be surprised if we did more things together,with me being more closely involved from the start.
So you are listed on the IMDB page....you're like the most famous person I ever corresponded with! 

After the festival premiere a lot of things started happening. Slowly and with tons of non-disclosure stuff, so I've stayed pretty mum. 

At this point I can say is  Mustang Island  is playing in Austin this week at the VIOLET CROWN CINEMA 434 W. 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701. Thus far its been sold out most showings, but I imagine early this week there will be seats still available. 

Right now it looks like everyone should be able to see it next year. I'm not attempting to be nebulous, but I am unsure when I can tell exact details, sorry. 

cosjobs said:
After the festival premiere a lot of things started happening. Slowly and with tons of non-disclosure stuff, so I've stayed pretty mum. 

At this point I can say is  Mustang Island  is playing in Austin this week at the VIOLET CROWN CINEMA 434 W. 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701. Thus far its been sold out most showings, but I imagine early this week there will be seats still available. 

Right now it looks like everyone should be able to see it next year. I'm not attempting to be nebulous, but I am unsure when I can tell exact details, sorry. 
8.2 on IMDB with 21 reviews, that's awesome GB! I am looking forward to seeing this!

Are you going too make any profit on this project?  I invested in a film earlier this year so I am not asking just to be nosy.  

Congrats.  Sounds like you backed a good film.

Jeebus, what a long, strange, trip its been.

But Netflix has now announced it will be available January 2, 2018.

Its been real exciting off and on for a couple of years now. So happy to finally grab the ring.
:blackdot:  

Congrats!

I'll be looking closely for the university of hold'em tshirt hidden in one of the scenes (is that an easter egg?).

Jeebus, what a long, strange, trip its been.

But Netflix has now announced it will be available January 2, 2018.

Its been real exciting off and on for a couple of years now. So happy to finally grab the ring.
Congrats cosjobs.  I'll be sure to check it out. 

Stupendous! I look forward to watching next month. :popcorn:  

...unless my sister-in-law cancels her Netflix subscription. Then I look forward to streaming illegally from a Chinese site w/ subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread