What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I made a movie,"Mustang Island." Its on Netflix now. (1 Viewer)

The Cinematographer (Nathan Smith)  and Director (Craig Elrod) co-wrote the screenplay. They both did incredible jobs creating it from start to finish and I am sure we will hear more from these guys. They are really incredibly talented and true joy to work with. Same with all the cast and crew. I was so fortunate to hook up with such a talented group of Austin artists (for now, I imagine LA will be beckoning soon).

You can find us on IMDB now, 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeebus, what a long, strange, trip its been.

But Netflix has now announced it will be available January 2, 2018.

Its been real exciting off and on for a couple of years now. So happy to finally grab the ring.
This is just awesome, and well deserved!

Going to watch it during dinner with my girl tonight.

Will report later with my review. 

Do you want my honest opinion?

Watched it today. The best parts were the cinematography and Lee Eddy's performance IMO. I also liked Jason Newman even in the small role.

It’s different.

I think the lack of dialogue at the beginning didn’t click with her. 

I’m at the scene when the larger guy walks out in his tighty whities.
It is different. Quiet and understated. I can see why its not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah, I'll take a look tomorrow, not near my TV right now.
I know if we had gone through a distributor for theatrical release, most countries would be different contracts (distribution agreements) for each. Unsure how Netflix handles that, in particular for our film. I would suppose so, since we'd have been such an easy sell to include it.

So what responsibilities does an Executive Producer have? 

Congratulations on the movie. Very few people can say they have accomplished what you and your crew did.

Here’s my take: In an odd way, it felt kind of like a Napoleon Dynamite movie to me. Not sure if that is accurate but that’s what I thought of while watching it. Lots of silence in the movie, where I guess you were trying to have the context, situation and facial expressions tell the story???? Weird ending for sure!!!! I wouldn’t watch it a second time but it was ok to watch on a Tuesday night while I was going to bed. 

Again, congrats and I hope this leads to more opportunities for you in the future!

Watched it last night with the wife. I told her it was a b/w artsy film put together by a fbg and she was skeptical at first but bought in right away. We both thought it was very, very good and enjoyed it with many LOL bursts. Great job!

Watched it last night with the wife. I told her it was a b/w artsy film put together by a fbg and she was skeptical at first but bought in right away. We both thought it was very, very good and enjoyed it with many LOL bursts. Great job!
Thanks Joe. We weren't really going for artsy, but the decision to go with b&w kind of cemented that impression. I like to think it more artful. I'm very happy to hear you both enjoyed it.

I'll try and watch this some time as I've grown up with a dad that loves film.  My dad has done a lot of video work and has even made his own movie.  He owns a local video production business and the young guys running it have made their own films as well.  One of them in available on Amazon Video I believe.

If anyone is a fan of the Field of Dreams you may be interested in my dad's film.  It's about the local people who continued to dress up as the Ghost Players after the film and entertained the visitors that came to the field.

I particularly liked the actress who played the waitress (Lee). Her facial expressions magnified minimum dialogue and her wry humor lines were spot-on.

Guys night out was a blast!

I particularly liked the actress who played the waitress (Lee). Her facial expressions magnified minimum dialogue and her wry humor lines were spot-on.

Guys night out was a blast!
Lee is Macon Blair's real-life wife. She is really good.

Downloaded it to ipad and finally watched it on overseas flight today. Absolutely loved it! Music was excellent. The large amount of silent time makes the dialogue critical and more effective. Proof a great movie can still be made without t and a/cursing. B&W definitely way to go on this one.

“You going to breakup with your ex?  :lmao:

“Its not that easy.”  “Yes it is that easy”

Excellent job Cos  :thumbup:

wife and I watching now

both enjoying

best laugh so far was the under the desert sign line.

Good work!

Users who are viewing this thread