What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown for 1.1, 1.2? (1 Viewer)

Was offered this as a starting point for a trade. Seems like I might be able to get him to move a little more. Thoughts?

My roster (10 Team, 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2 TE, 2 Flex, PPR):

QB: Roethlisberger, Brees, Wentz, Savage

WR: Hopkins, Watkins, Locket, Ginn Jr., Inman, T. Austin, Wheaton, Inman

RB: L. Murray, Lacy, Peterson, J. Charles, Dixon, Duke Johnson

TE: Ertz, Eifert, J. Cook, Barnidge

I also have 1.01, 1.02, 1.08, 1.10, 3.01 in this draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear, he wants the first 2 picks in this draft for Antonio Brown?

You also didn't list entire starting requirements so it is difficult to answer.  

My take on this in general without knowing starting specifics or how many teams.  Your team is getting very very old.  You have an opportunity to infuse a lot of young help into it with the picks you acquired.  Your starting QB are fine but you could lose both in the next year or two.  Ben is considering retirement and I think Brees is 38.  Wentz could be a key future piece if he develops.  Savage doesn't seem to be a long term solution.  Your top 2 WR are fine.  They are good and young.  All those afterward have serious questions about them.  At RB I think Murray should work out well in Minnesota.  The rest all have serious questions about them. The TE spot looks solid but unspectacular.

I would pass and instead infuse some youth into this team with all those great picks.  Making the trade certainly helps this aging team stay in contention for the next 2 years but it's going to fall and it's going to fall hard if you make this trade.  I would add the youth and see how the season goes.  You can always pull off a trade during the year if you are a piece away.  I just wouldn't kill the future of this team for making a short run.

I updated the roster requirements, and I am leaning on your side of things. I'd really like to get rid of the hoard of old guys I have, and having all these picks will help do that.

I agree with Warhogs.  I don't think Brown really helps as much for the roster construction you have.  He is a great piece but WR is probably your best combination of Talent/Youth on your roster.  Giving up the top two picks when you can use some serious youth/talent infusion at the RB spot would be detrimental in the long term.  I would stick with the picks unless you can talk him into not giving up both of your top two picks in some other combo of a deal.

Get AB, be happy and win championships.

Package 1.08 and 1.10 to try and add or upgrade your RBs if you really want. I'd save this move for the draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread