What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 rookie pick 1.08 post combine (Closed) (1 Viewer)

Who would you select for pick 1.08 in a 2 QB league rookie draft?

• Ju Ju Smith-Schuster

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • OJ Howard

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • John Ross

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Evan Engram

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Samaje Perine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Trubisky

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Deshone Kizer

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Patrick Mahomes

• David Njoku

• Taywan Taylor

• Kareem Hunt

• Zay Jones

• Dont play this format

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This poll is to find out where rookie players stack up after the combine.

My goal is to run these polls up until the NFL and see how far we can get. Hopefully a top 25 at least, but if polls go fast maybe we can get deeper than that. Will have to see how this goes.

There are two polls, one for typical 12 team leagues 20 roster spots, PPR or standard scoring. Although there are some differences between these two scoring formats, I don't think the information gained by that difference is much, the order should be about the same except that WR should be valued more in PPR leagues.

The second poll is for 2 QB leagues as I want to see where the QBs are valued compared to other players in this format.

Please suggest players you think should be on the next set of polls or changes you might make to the players currently available in the poll.

I am pulling names from Mike Clays nice top 100 list here. But I will add new players based on the communities recommendations before just adding the next player from Mikes list.

Discussion very welcome.

Results

1.01 Leonard Fournette 73% and 48% at 52 votes

1.02 Dalvin Cook 65% and 43.75% at 84 votes

1.03 Corey Davis 45% and 23.4% at 68 votes

1.04 Mike Williams 40% and 23% at 80 votes
1.05 Christian McCaffrey 53% and 26% at 70 votes

1.06 Joe Mixon 75% and 26% at 76 votes

1.07 OJ Howard 33% and Deshaun Watson 20% at 92 votes

1.08 Alvin Kamara 38% and OJ Howard 12% at 80 votes

The next poll can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
Kamara/Kizer
I hope I'm wrong about Kizer.  Really liked the guy before this year but now I won't touch him until the 4th in normal leagues, 2nd in 2qb - and I wouldn't feel good about it. 

Of course that changes if the right team picks him. 

I hope I'm wrong about Kizer.  Really liked the guy before this year but now I won't touch him until the 4th in normal leagues, 2nd in 2qb - and I wouldn't feel good about it. 

I've spent zero time on Kizer, but he's often mocked as the top QB off the board.  At 1.08, I like that gamble.  

What happened in the 2016 season that caused you to change your mind about Kizer?

I've spent zero time on Kizer, but he's often mocked as the top QB off the board.  At 1.08, I like that gamble.  
I'll take both Watson and Trubisky ahead of him. 

What happened in the 2016 season that caused you to change your mind about Kizer?
This has been discussed in his thread but briefly - poor mechanics, lack of anticipation, seems stuck between thinking too much and bad decision making, relies too much on raw ability and hasn't developed like I thought he would this year.  A lot of that is coaching but not all.  

To be sure, if SF, Arizona, or KC draft him in the 1st I'll have to reconsider. 

Fwiw, Walterfootball.com has him going 2.38 to the Chargers now. 4th QB taken. 

I'll take both Watson and Trubisky ahead of him. 

This has been discussed in his thread but briefly - poor mechanics, lack of anticipation, seems stuck between thinking too much and bad decision making, relies too much on raw ability and hasn't developed like I thought he would this year.  A lot of that is coaching but not all.  

To be sure, if SF, Arizona, or KC draft him in the 1st I'll have to reconsider. 

Fwiw, Walterfootball.com has him going 2.38 to the Chargers now. 4th QB taken. 
Yeah I just read through his thread. I didn't realize people had soured on him this much since just a month ago. Interesting.

At 62 votes there is a tie between OJ Howard and John Ross in the 2 QB poll. I would like to see if this tie will be broken by more votes or not before moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread