What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FC42 creates magic (1 Viewer)

Do you ever report anyone on this board?

• Never

Votes: 156 70.6%
  • I did one time, I'm still ashamed

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I have a few times

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • Here and there

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • 1-2x a month

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 1-2x a week

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Almost daily

Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Straightforward question, poll is anonymous so that hopefully we can get some truth here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sort of new and was so pissed about getting suspended for something weak that I got pissed and did. I lost my shutout. Ill never do it again. That's a perfect second category. Still ashamed. But it was a physical threat, IIRC. Still weak. Unless you're hacked or outed, let it go.

I have maybe three times in my decade plus here. No excuses, in each instance I thought someone was seriously crossing a line with personal attacks so I reported.

Not ashamed in the least and I will do it again if I feel it is necessary.

I think I've reported something like 2 posts. In all cases the posts involved physical threats of violence and/or rape against posters/posters' family members that weren't close to being couched in humor (not that I find such things humorous to begin with, but you know what I mean).

Only when I'm drunk and want to give the mods something to do.  Then I report ever other post until I pass out. 

Most of the board is liberal, so they likely adhere to "snitches get stitches".  Or, maybe that is only the BLM sect.

is it 2007 again? how many times has this poll been run? JoeB this wouldn't be the 100th time this poll was created if you would just fix the damn search function :rant:

There was a period a couple of months ago that the mods encouraged people to report posts. I did it 3-4 times, likely to the same poster, but hadn't before and haven't since. 

Who has a good enough notebook ? that they figured out which alias Ozymandias came back as?

That was one of the more famous "I hereby retire from the FFA" threads.

I caused that.

I don't remember what his off-color joke was - something about Lincoln or Jefferson, it was during a Serious Business Timdraft (Worlds Greatest, Greatest American, et al - they run together 6-8 years later.) It was a wee hours of the morning & probably drunk post. I reported it first thing one morning & in my message to the mod said "Please take out the trash." Figured a mod would delete the post.

Instead they suspended him. It was a 3 or 7 day timeout, far worse than the offensive post. Ozy came back & promptly retired. Pretty sure we saw him lurking for weeks/months, and then somebody with a remarkably similar posting style appeared. Been too long to remember.

Anyway, don't report because "you have no idea how the nameless faceless mod will react" is the lesson here.

I have maybe three times in my decade plus here. No excuses, in each instance I thought someone was seriously crossing a line with personal attacks so I reported.

This. Did it twice.

I also did this once.  Something unspeakable was posted.

Another time I reported a user who was following me around and replying to every post I made.  The post count literally matched every reply to a post of mine.   "She" was sending me personal messages asking to meet.  I believe it was my paranoid weirdo girlfriend at the time who thought this place was some sort of hook-up site or I was using it to meet people.  This was under ClownCausedChaos.  I wish I were making this up.

Who has a good enough notebook ? that they figured out which alias Ozymandias came back as?

That was one of the more famous "I hereby retire from the FFA" threads.

I caused that.

I don't remember what his off-color joke was - something about Lincoln or Jefferson, it was during a Serious Business Timdraft (Worlds Greatest, Greatest American, et al - they run together 6-8 years later.) It was a wee hours of the morning & probably drunk post. I reported it first thing one morning & in my message to the mod said "Please take out the trash." Figured a mod would delete the post.

Instead they suspended him. It was a 3 or 7 day timeout, far worse than the offensive post. Ozy came back & promptly retired. Pretty sure we saw him lurking for weeks/months, and then somebody with a remarkably similar posting style appeared. Been too long to remember.

Anyway, don't report because "you have no idea how the nameless faceless mod will react" is the lesson here.
His 3 day banning sparked one of the best comments ever on this board. I'll try to do it justice. 

"You know who else got banned for 3 days? Jesus. And then he blasted through a giant boulder and shot off into space."

I find it much more satisfying to endlessly ridicule someone for doing something offensive than to report someone. 

I also did this once.  Something unspeakable was posted.

Another time I reported a user who was following me around and replying to every post I made.  The post count literally matched every reply to a post of mine.   "She" was sending me personal messages asking to meet.  I believe it was my paranoid weirdo girlfriend at the time who thought this place was some sort of hook-up site or I was using it to meet people.  This was under ClownCausedChaos.  I wish I were making this up.
Sorry about that bud, it was a joke that I took too far

I think I've reported something like 2 posts. In all cases the posts involved physical threats of violence and/or rape against posters/posters' family members that weren't close to being couched in humor (not that I find such things humorous to begin with, but you know what I mean).
Whoa wtf. 

Users who are viewing this thread