What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top prospects/imports to target in drafts? (2 Viewers)

thatguy

Footballguy
I'm just getting into the fantasy baseball mindset. Just wondering who the top prospects are... I'm talking guys with a legit chance to either start the season in the bigs or be early to mid-season call ups/difference makers. Also who are the most promising or highly touted imports? Apologies if there is already a thread on this. I wasn't able to find one if so. 

Most of them came up last year Bregman, Swanson, Benintendi, Turner, Sanchez etc. 

Not a ton left. Moncada, Bellinger

There are no high-profile Asian imports this year.  The biggest name coming from Asia this off-season is former Blue Jay/Tiger Eric Thames.  Jae Gyun Hwang isn't likely to start the season with the Giants.  This will be the first year in over a decade without a new player from Japan.

The Cuban pipeline has also diminished.  There have been a bunch of expensive busts and the market has moved to young players who need minor league time.  Yuli Gurriel should be drafted in all leagues but he's already spent a couple of months in MLB.

guys with a legit chance to either start the season in the bigs or be early to mid-season call ups/difference makers. 
Giolito and Glasnow are still the top SP prospects and figure to get a shot at some point this year. Giolito starting in the minors for sure. Glasnow probably too. Moncada probably fits your description the best. Bellinger, Gallo, Brinson, Meadows could all get a shot if there are injuries or they get off to hot starts.

I usually target these guys over prospects anyway, but this year more than any seems like the one for post-hype types.

Users who are viewing this thread