What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Colin Kaepernick Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squistion

Footballguy
Since the long standing thread about CK is now referring to itself as Formerly The Colin Kaepernick Thread and with the OP refusing to change the title, I guess I have no alternative but to start a new thread for any Colin related information:

Here is some charity news:

The Hill‏Verified @thehill 42m42 minutes ago

Colin Kaepernick donates $50K to Meals on Wheels

http://hill.cm/oWdoZz6

Your fascination with an unemployed, subpar QB is strange.
How many QBs, employed, unemployed, above par, par, or subpar have generated this degree of attention and publicity that is not related to playing the QB position? Viewed in that light, any interest in him should not be deemed unusual enough to start a thread (or in this case a replacement thread since the old CK thread is no longer discussing him).

How many QBs, employed, unemployed, above par, par, or subpar have generated this degree of attention and publicity that is not related to playing the QB position? Viewed in that light, any interest in him should not be deemed unusual enough to start a thread (or in this case a replacement thread since the old CK thread is no longer discussing him).
Lots of pro athletes are charitable with their time and money.  Your unhealthy fascination is only one with this one guy. 

Lots of pro athletes are charitable with their time and money.  Your unhealthy fascination is only one with this one guy. 
Did any of them cause a national controversy similar to the one he did with his kneeling for the anthem?

Did any of them cause a national controversy similar to the one he did with his kneeling for the anthem?
Yes.  Now that he isn't employed, he lets everyone know he will now be standing for the national anthem.  That's how little he actually cares.  His employment is more important to him than the cause he was pretending to care about.

I'm happy this idiot will be losing games and generating unwanted distractions to some other team from now on (maybe).

Yes.  Now that he isn't employed, he lets everyone know he will now be standing for the national anthem.  That's how little he actually cares.  His employment is more important to him than the cause he was pretending to care about.
People often make concessions with their belief system in order to secure employment or remain employed.

And he felt he had accomplished what he had set out to do, which was to bring attention to the issue of discrimination against blacks and other minorities. Would he get any more done in that respect by continuing his protest? Probably not and if he happens to make another team (probably as a backup at this point) he can bring more attention to social issues he is concerned with than if he is not in the NFL at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
On ESPN radio today one of their NFL insiders summed it up....What offense now runs the offense suited for him where he can start?  Not one. His stats have gone down each year after the 49'ers introduced that spead/read option offense to the NFL and the defenses have figured it out for the most part. This is about his skills and not about his other antics. He doesn't have the skill set to fit the offenses of the NFL that offset the distraction he brings. So...to sum it up....he sucks and should be thankful to make what he has so far in the NFL.

And the fact you started another thread about this...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why is this thread any different from the other?

Just ban Squistion please, let's cut to the chase here Mods. 

I don't like how things are going, I'm just gonna report everything.  I've been treated so unfairly, I'm so old and a shut in, please save my reputation.  /Squissy

SHUT IT DOWN!

So did you cry and whine to have the other thread shut down? You then decided to start this thread. What's your problem?

Paraphrased:

You know who else had it hard for three days? Jesus. And he didn't respond with some whiny crybaby post, he smashed through a gigantic boulder and then flew up to Heaven.

Dust your dress off and go play dolls with your sisters, Samantha.

Not Mine, but quite appropriate

:banned:

Some of you guys got a lot of pent up anger. Maybe go do something fun instead of hammering a guy repeatedly in the gut while he's passed out on the ground.  You guys are like piranhas fighting over the last bite

Some of you guys got a lot of pent up anger. Maybe go do something fun instead of hammering a guy repeatedly in the gut while he's passed out on the ground.  You guys are like piranhas fighting over the last bite
Thanks, Dad.  Maybe you missed the 400 posts where the passed out guy was a ####.  :bye:

In this particular case, it's a little bit like Radiohead's Hurt

You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts

People often make concessions with their belief system in order to secure employment or remain employed.

And he felt he had accomplished what he had set out to do, which was to bring attention to the issue of discrimination against blacks and other minorities. Would he get any more done in that respect by continuing his protest? Probably not and if he happens to make another team (probably as a backup at this point) he can bring more attention to social issues he is concerned with than if he is not in the NFL at all.
Sounds like he is done.  He made his bed and now has to sleep in it.

Even though Kaepernick has indicated he won't continue his national-anthem protests, his reputation will precede him wherever he goes. And, yes, that would create a media circus, particularly in New York,
Link

This is bizarre: Sarah Palin is upset at Kaepernick because he donated money to Meals on Wheels, labeling it a "political stunt" and attributes it to one of the reasons he is not landing a starting QB gig:

Sarah Palin‏ @SarahPalinUSA 10h10 hours ago

And he wonders why he can’t find a job...

http://fb.me/6wiDWSwRc

Seriously? Colin Kaepernick Just Pulled ANOTHER Political Stunt…

Colin Kaepernick just donated $50K to Meals on Wheels, per The Hill.

His donation comes on the tail end of a slew of misleading stories that have reported President Trump is defunding Meals on Wheels.

[...]

Kaepernick is pretty bold to make another political move like this one.

His last stunt cost him the respect of most NFL officials, as teams across the country have chosen not to offer Kaepernick a contract following his kneeling-during-the-National-Anthem stunt last year.

From Bleacher Report:

"He can still play at a high level," one AFC general manager said. "The problem is three things are happening with him.

"First, some teams genuinely believe that he can't play. They think he's shot. I'd put that number around 20 percent.

"Second, some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or [President Donald] Trump will tweet about the team. I'd say that number is around 10 percent. Then there's another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

"Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can't stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won't move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did."

When I spoke to a handful of executives at the combine a few weeks ago, one even called him "an embarrassment to football."

Neither.

Mystified that anyone, including Sarah Palin, would have an issue with Kaep's donating money to Meals on Wheels.
I have  no problem but I see it for what it is. It's an investment in trying to rehab  his image. Not sure if it's a wise decision at this time. I think he needs time away for that to happen 

Neither.

Mystified that anyone, including Sarah Palin, would have an issue with Kaep's donating money to Meals on Wheels.
They why is right there in the post you responded to, quoted from a post you made yourself, I'll quote it again:

His last stunt cost him the respect of most NFL officials, as teams across the country have chosen not to offer Kaepernick a contract following his kneeling-during-the-National-Anthem stunt last year.
And apparently their is ample evidence to this, above him not being able to land a job.  Again, previously posted:

"Third, the rest genuinely hate him and can't stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won't move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did."

When I spoke to a handful of executives at the combine a few weeks ago, one even called him "an embarrassment to football."

I have  no problem but I see it for what it is. It's an investment in trying to rehab  his image. Not sure if it's a wise decision at this time. I think he needs time away for that to happen 
Last year he pledged to donate $1 million to various charities, helping the poor and needy, mostly in the inner city, but also to national organizations- so the donation to  Meals on Wheels would fall into that category.

He has been contributing about $100,000 per month and this was part of his monthly allotment. I never heard in the six months previously, after he has made each donation, that it was an investment trying to rehab his image, generally it was viewed as him practicing what he preaches by donating out of his own pocket. The Meals on Wheels contribution is no different and they probably need the funds more than some of the other groups he contributes to due to Trump's budget cuts that helps fund that organization.

Last year he pledged to donate $1 million to various charities, helping the poor and needy, mostly in the inner city, but also to national organizations- so the donation to  Meals on Wheels would fall into that category.

He has been contributing about $100,000 per month and this was part of his monthly allotment. I never heard in the six months previously, after he has made each donation, that it was an investment trying to rehab his image, generally it was viewed as him practicing what he preaches by donating out of his own pocket. The Meals on Wheels contribution is no different and they probably need the funds more than some of the other groups he contributes to due to Trump's budget cuts that helps fund that organization.
What was he doing regarding charitable donations prior to his decision to kneel last year?

Except for the fact that he pledged to donate $1 mil shortly after his anthem protest went viral.  Almost like something dawned on him.

Get a life, seriously.
Wait, you started a thread about Colin Kaepernick that ran for over 75 pages where you ranted constantly about him personally, his playing ability and his kneeling for the anthem. You then changed the thread title to make it a personal attack on someone who disagreed with your stance on Kaep - and now you tell someone else to Get a life. Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread