What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2019 San Francisco Giants Thread: The Waiver Wire OF Headquarters (1 Viewer)

Good battle going on here against the blue.  This Giants pitcher needs to trim his dreads, so I can see what his name is on his jersey.  He does the Kevin Brown rotation before he lets the ball go which is cool.

Good battle going on here against the blue.  This Giants pitcher needs to trim his dreads, so I can see what his name is on his jersey.  He does the Kevin Brown rotation before he lets the ball go which is cool.
Bunny Wailer

The SP injuries have been tough but the rotation hasn't been the problem.  Two of Blach, Stratton, Holland, Beede and Suarez would be a decent back end of the rotation when the others come back.  None of them have enough strikeout potential to be particularly good fantasy starters though.

Maybe yesterday's TD will jump start the offense.

It's Bum day.

30-30 and 1.5 GB is better than I expected when Bumgarner first went down, especially with the Cueto and Samardzija injuries.

We'll always have the three titles but this organization drives me nuts sometimes.  Their unwillingness to pick a lane at the deadline was classic Giants. 

There have been some nice things about this year's club.  Crawford and Belt have been terrific.  Dereck Rodriguez has been a pleasant surprise.  Derek Holland has been better than expected and seems like a mensch.  Duggar looks like he'll be a fixture for the next few years.  Even Pablo has contributed.  But this isn't a championship caliber team, not even close.  They're fortunate to be at .500 now and unlikely to improve much on that record. 

I think the front office realizes this too which explains why they weren't buyers.  This organization isn't dumb but they are overly conservative.  If you're not going to buy this year, then  be a seller, commit to a rebuild and stay under the CBT.  The Giants don't have lot of tradeable assets but they had some.  The fans aren't going to stop buying tickets if Tony Watson gets traded. 

What's the expected time line on Bart?  Is there one?  I assume Posey moves to 1B full time whenever it does happen.
When asked about it over the weekend, Zaidi didn't rule out a Bart debut in 2019 but I think it's still pretty unlikely he'll reach the bigs until 2020.   Posey and Belt are both signed through 2021 and neither contract is moveable.

For Bart to get a 2019 callup, (1) the Giants would have to be in contention, (2) Bart would have to shine offensively and defensively and (3) Posey or Belt would have to be hurt.  #1 is probably the tough one.

The Giants used 17 different Outfielders in 2017.   They used 11 in both 2016 and 2018.

I'm taking the over on 17 this year.

Connor Joe and Michael Reed are starting in the OF today.

It's not a split squad game as far as I know.

Pillar will be fun to watch/bring a lot of value defensively in that large outfield, which he'll almost certainly give right back at the plate. 

I can't add Aaron Altherr to the OF list because he only managed one PH appearance before being DFAed

1. Duggar
  2. Parra
  3. Solarte
  4. Joe
  5. Reed
  6. Pillar
  7. Belt
  8. Austin 
  9. Gerber
  10. Williamson 
  11. Vogt
Yeah, that's Stephen Vogt

Eephus, you're the smartest cat in here.  Where do you think Bumgarner ends up?  That mule could win it for a team.
His no trade list makes things a bit more complicated/expensive but it's tough to say until Keuchel signs.  Hoping for nothing but the best for Bum.

I'm pretty much the only cat in the Giants thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eephus said:
His no trade list makes things a bit more complicated/expensive but it's tough to say until Keuchel signs.  Hoping for nothing but the best for Bum.

I'm pretty much the only cat in the Giants thread.
Milwaukee has Gio Gonzalez in the rotation. I would ask for Bumgarner and the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, and see what the Giants would want in return. 

Milwaukee has Gio Gonzalez in the rotation. I would ask for Bumgarner and the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, and see what the Giants would want in return. 
The Brewers are on his no trade list but I'm sure that's negotiable.

Minnesota is an interesting possible destination that's not on the list.  Too bad he wouldn't get to hit.

Mike Yastrzemski has been cromulent as a platoon OF.  He's a 28 year old rookie with very limited upside but he and Tyler Austin have been an improvement in LF.  The bar isn't set very high.

1. Duggar
  2. Parra
  3. Solarte
  4. Joe
  5. Reed
  6. Pillar
  7. Belt
  8. Austin 
  9. Gerber
  10. Williamson 
  11. Vogt
  12. Yastrzemski