What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pelosi and Feinstein (1 Viewer)

Brunell4MVP

Footballguy
Two of the worst people to ever ascend to their positions.  Democrats would be so much better served if they didn't have a couple of loonies as their spokespeople.  When I grew up the Democratic Party actually felt like it was for the people.  My family voted Democrat.  It's people like them that pushed us away and took the party as far left as possible.

Fortunately they are 75 and 82 years old.  Their days are numbered, and then maybe the Dems can elect some people that can make a coherent statement.  Neither one actually knows anything they are talking about on the SCOTUS.  Every time they open their mouths, foot goes in.  The Republicans may just let Gorsuch fail, use the nuclear option, and put in a justice that isn't fairly normal.  It's like they have no idea they are getting the most moderate person Trump is going to consider.  The next ones will be off the charts to the right.

I will never understand how many of these people on both sides of the aisle have obtained so much power.  Pelosi even looks nuts with those crazy eyes.  

DocHolliday said:
I will never understand how many of these people on both sides of the aisle have obtained so much power.  Pelosi even looks nuts with those crazy eyes.  
I was absolutely baffled when the dems voted to put her in charge again... out of 150 house members she's the one you guys want? 

Thought Timmy would be all over this thread. They are right in his wheelhouse of "hotness". Adding these two with the Hildabeast would be his ultimate sexy trifecty ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought Timmy would be all over this thread. They are right in his wheelhouse of "hotness". Adding these two with the Hildabeast would be his ultimate sexy trifecty ..
Been on the road today.  :P

But I WILL say that today might not be the best of all days for conservatives to attack Pelosi's shortcomings. You may despise her, but she was an extremely effective Speaker and she never suffered the embarrassing debacle that Paul Ryan faced today. Pelosi got her folks I vote the way she wanted when she wanted. 

Also Diane Feinstein has always struck me as a thoughtful, moderate, honest pro-business centrist Democrat, and I like her very much. 

My Representative and one of my Senators.

The fact that both are in positions of party power says more about the current state of the Democratic Party than it does about either Pelosi or Feinstein.  But they've both had distinguished careers in politics, especially compared to the dregs of humanity that currently inhabit Congress.

A lot of criticism of them is rooted in sexism from people who won't accept women in positions of power.

The fact that both are in positions of party power says more about the current state of the Democratic Party than it does about either Pelosi or Feinstein.  But they've both had distinguished careers in politics, especially compared to the dregs of humanity that currently inhabit Congress.

A lot of criticism of them is rooted in sexism from people who won't accept women in positions of power.
I'm sure for some critics that is true, but Pelosi has had a long, distinguished career of malfeasance and odiousness, IMO.  

Keep telling yourself that.  It's ok to dislike men and women when they are buffoons. Sex of the buffoon doesn't really matter in this case. 

Keep telling yourself that.  It's ok to dislike men and women when they are buffoons. Sex of the buffoon doesn't really matter in this case. 
There have been multiple posts in this thread about their appearance and zero specific criticisms of legislation they've authored or supported. 

Why are they being singled out in this thread rather than other Democratic leaders in Congress?  I'll keep telling myself you're sexist until proven otherwise.

ETA:  I'm not a big fan of either.  I supported Pelosi stepping down as House minority leader in the Democratic Party thread.  I'd vote against them in the primaries if there was a viable alternative on the ballot.  They both are symbolic of the imperial Congress that is the result of rollover campaign war chests and dark money. 

Last edited by a moderator:
and that says quite a bit about you.  None of it good, btw.
again, what don't you like about her?  She's a Senator from California who has been re-elected four times by margins that outpaced other statewide races.  She's represented her state and has delivered the pork.   

She's Dickie's Senator, not yours.  What are Ron Johnson's legislative accomplishments?

again, what don't you like about her?  She's a Senator from California who has been re-elected four times by margins that outpaced other statewide races.  She's represented her state and has delivered the pork.   

She's Dickie's Senator, not yours.  What are Ron Johnson's legislative accomplishments?
Reality check

you just asked Max a legit question 

really?

Yep.  I was a stay at home Dad for 14 years, with a wife that made millions each year.  But go ahead.  Try to lump me in with women in power and say I'm sexist.  Obciously as a stay at home Dad with a successful wife, I must hate women in power.  

Your comment is the the sexist one.

Was it only yesterday that somebody started this thread calling Pelosi incompetent and a buffoon? Really? Compared to whom? 

Yep.  I was a stay at home Dad for 14 years, with a wife that made millions each year.  But go ahead.  Try to lump me in with women in power and say I'm sexist.  Obciously as a stay at home Dad with a successful wife, I must hate women in power.  

Your comment is the the sexist one.
No the sexist ones were the posts criticizing 70+ year old women on their lack of hotness

Was it only yesterday that somebody started this thread calling Pelosi incompetent and a buffoon? Really? Compared to whom? 
I guess shepherding a healthcare bill into law with Congressional majorities and a sitting POTUS wasn't so easy after all

I guess shepherding a healthcare bill into law with Congressional majorities and a sitting POTUS wasn't so easy after all
Meh.  It will get done eventually.  Until then, the Democrats still own the catastrophe known as Obamacare.  It's in a death spiral now and when it implodes we can still blame then.

I never thought much of Pelosi, but a lot of that may come from my perception of her father and her brother as reprehensible politicians

She really is the one to get that bill done.  I bet the GOP wishes they had people in the leadership actually adept at getting their bills passed today

She really is the one to get that bill done.  I bet the GOP wishes they had people in the leadership actually adept at getting their bills passed today
Are you sure?  Seems like not passing a bill is better than passing something like Obamacare. Now we get to watch Obamacare die and create a giant mess.  There are no winners here.  

Since this one got bumped, there are rumblings about somebody running from the left against Feinstein in the primaries.  It's a big and expensive state but not as dependent on television as it's been throughout her long career.   I doubt it'll be any current major Democratic office holder but Hollywood and Silicon Valley are full of the well heeled celebrity "outsiders" that California politics have pioneered.

Users who are viewing this thread