What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was at the barber shop today... (1 Viewer)

zed2283

Footballguy
...and was pretty much reminded of why I hate people.  There was a guy getting his hair cut, and his wife was standing there holding their little girl and talking to the woman cutting hair.  So I first got annoyed because she kept stopping the woman from cutting her husband's hair in order to show her pictures on her phone (longer wait for me obviously).  So she's going on to the woman about her little girl's hair, and puts the girl down (I guess to show more pictures).  The girl, who is somewhere between 1-2 years old, starts running around the shop screaming.  She's got blonde hair with curly locks falling down into her face and the rest of her hair pulled back into a bun behind her head.  The mother gathers her back up and starts asking her if she has hair like daddy's.  I'm thinking that's a funny thing to ask a little girl.  So a few minutes later, after hearing the mother say "he" and "his" a few times, I realize that the little girl is actually a little boy.  I just sit there and shake my head, hoping that the kid, who is now running around screaming again, comes over to where I'm sitting so that I can ask the mother what her little girl's name is.  No such luck.

So the dad finally gets finished having his hair cut and they get up and walk to the front to pay.  The boy gets away from his mother and starts back into the shop and the mom says "Come on, Anakin, let's go."  :doh:

I then sit in the chair and ask if that little kid was a boy.  The barber lady laughs and says yes and tells me how the dad was going on about getting the kid's hair cut but that his wife won't let him.  Excuse me?

Yes, these are the reasons I hate people.

In before the grumpy old man comments.

You get your hair cut by a woman and you are calling someone else out for not being a man?

I go to Head Coach.  They have women cutting hair in there  :shrug:
I was just busting balls. I could care less really about women barbers.

The kid thing I could also care less about. Little boys with long hair....whatever. The thing that would have put me on tilt would be her manipulating the time when others are waiting.

Part of the reason you hate people is because their little boys have long hair?  You must have one helluva list.  

This could be a great bit after you're done with the comics and FBG pics. Just take random posts from threads you visit and illustrate them and post them in said thread. 
Yeah there's a guy on reddit that does this.  He's really good and everyone likes him.  RokNRole could be the opposite of that guy for FBG.

You get your hair cut by a woman and you are calling someone else out for not being a man?            
i've been visiting the same woman stylist for the past 20+ years - chick knows her ####, and always delivers the perfect cut   :shrug:

I then sit in the chair and ask if that little kid was a boy.  The barber lady laughs and says yes and tells me how the dad was going on about getting the kid's hair cut but that his wife won't let him.  Excuse me?
Why did you ask if the little kid was a boy when you already knew at that point that he was? 

Here lies the problem. Parents think other people want to see & hear their kids in public, or want to see pictures of their brats. WE DON'T! It's even better when parents bring 5 kids to grocery store and let them clog up the aisles using carts to make them feel like they are helping. Leave your spawn at home with one parent while the other shops. Trust me, no one can stand your kind. The End.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's times like these that I want to just go home and have a stiff drink!!

(or, what I mean to say, it's almost quitting time...)

was the kid wearing anything in particular that would have helped identify them as a boy or girl? Any gender identifying colors or accessories? Even though I know those are under fire by those who want more generally neutrality. 

Well naming your kid Anakin is like naming your kid Damien, how about some awareness for the kid?
I named mine after a Star Wars character fwiw.  And my brother named his after an X-Men character.  So what?  Better then Ava or Aidan which half the kids are named these days anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I named mine after a Star Wars character fwiw.  And my brother named his after an X-Men character.  So what?  Better then Ava or Aidan which half the kids are named these days anyway.
Don't let them get you down, PIK. 

Chewbacca is a lovely name.

was the kid wearing anything in particular that would have helped identify them as a boy or girl? Any gender identifying colors or accessories? Even though I know those are under fire by those who want more generally neutrality. 
This reads like a selection from the pedo guide

Users who are viewing this thread