What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleepwalking son... (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
Watching the Arizona-Xavier game, and my son (whom I put to bed an hour ago) walks out of his room because he has to pee, and instead of using the toilet, in his walking slumber he walks into the kitchen, steps on the trashcan lid pedal, and proceeds to piss all over the trashcan. Walks back into his room to return to sleep.

Wife is mopping up as I type this. Said she's never seen so much piss. Good times.

Watching the Arizona-Xavier game, and my son (whom I put to bed an hour ago) walks out of his room because he has to pee, and instead of using the toilet, in his walking slumber he walks into the kitchen, steps on the trashcan lid pedal, and proceeds to piss all over the trashcan. Walks back into his room to return to sleep.

Wife is mopping up as I type this. Said she's never seen so much piss. Good times.
My nephew did something similar once. He got up and went to the bathroom, goes to the toilet, lifts the seat, then turned right and peed into the trashcan. Then flushed the toilet and went back to bed. It was a one time event, but discussed every birthday since.

How old?

:lmao:

My daughter sleep walks. She's 6 now. I've come upstairs from watching tv in the basement and have seen her staring at the fridge door open eyes closed. I've seen her go into the garage and get into the car and buckle in. Often she comes into our room and just stands in the doorway. 

My son did this last year except he peed down the stairs. We still laugh about it 

My daughter sleep walks. She's 6 now. I've come upstairs from watching tv in the basement and have seen her staring at the fridge door open eyes closed. I've seen her go into the garage and get into the car and buckle in. Often she comes into our room and just stands in the doorway
I saw that on Paranormal Activity I or maybe it was VI.  Pretty sure one of the stages of this behavior is she'll start staring at you with glowing eyes.  Good luck.  

My daughter sleep walks. She's 6 now. I've come upstairs from watching tv in the basement and have seen her staring at the fridge door open eyes closed. I've seen her go into the garage and get into the car and buckle in. Often she comes into our room and just stands in the doorway. 
Good luck with your demon child ;)

My oldest did this too when she was 2-8. She did the coming in our room and just standing there thing. She also would have the night terrors. She's fine now. 

My oldest sleep walks (or did - we haven't seen it in a couple of years now).  Things rarely freak me out, but his sleep walking was some freaky ####.....2 times in particular really got to me - he was round 7yrs old IIRC (he's now 10).

1 - I'm usually a very heavy sleeper, but one night I woke up to our bedroom door opening.  I see him walking into our room - I assumed he was coming to get Mom because he couldn't sleep.  He walks over to her side of the bed, and then slowly walks around the edge of the bed and stops next to me.  Just standing there in front of my face, still dead asleep.  Ugh, gives me chills reliving it. 

2 - We were out of town in a hotel.  Both boys were asleep in the bed next to us when we hear him wake up and go to the bathroom.  Well, we thought he was opening the bathroom door, but he was opening the front door to the room.  My wife realized it when she saw the light entering our room.....she hopped up and ran to the door to see him sleep walking into the hallway.  That was the scariest thing we had experienced with the kids yet - just thinking of the possible scenarios had we not woken up when he was leaving the room. :shock:   We stacked chairs and an ottoman in front of the door after we got him back in bed.....I barely slept that night.  

We still have the top door locks that he can't reach.  I forget the name of them, but they simply flip over to keep the door from opening.

My brother did this and pissed in his toy box once. He was probably like 5 years old. It was hilarious 

My roommate in college used to do things like that all the time - he was usually piss drunk though.

I have a lot of sleepwalking stories.  I'll start with the scariest.

We're on vacation in Moab, UT.  We are staying in a campground, in a one room cabin.  We don't spend much time there, so it is just big enough for our family of five.  This is a few years ago, so the kids were probably 16 (daughter), 12 and 10 (boys).  The boys are on bunk beds, youngest on top.  Like I said, it was tiny, so suitcases are taking up pretty much the whole floor space between the beds.  There's a mini fridge and small table in one corner.  Door is standard hotel type lock, where it locks automatically to the outside whenever closed, but free to open from the inside.

So, one night we're all sleeping after a long day of hiking or doing whatever.  In the middle of the night, I hear a knock on the door.  Even though my parents are at the campground in an RV, I'm not really sure why someone would be knocking on our door that time of night.  So I get out of bed, and proceed to trip on just about every suitcase on my way to the door.  There's no peep hole, so I open the door to see who it is.  It was just like in the cartoon, where you look straight ahead, see no one, are confused, then I pan down to see my 10 year old standing there.  I'm instantly wide awake, and I start looking around the camp ground to see if anyone else is up and around, wondering what happened.  I can see no one.  I look back down at him and ask him what he's doing.  He just pushing past me and tells me he's going to bed, and climbs up into his bunk.  The way he's acting/talking, I could tell he was sleep walking, as he was barely making sense.  My heart is now pounding, scared of what could have happened with him walking around the camp ground.  I proceed to pile every suitcase in front of the door (there was no chain, or bar), to prevent him from doing it again.

He of course had no recollection of it at all the next morning, and my heart races a little to this day when I think about it and fear what could have happened that night.

Another one of my favorites didn't happen to me, but was relayed to me from my college girlfriend.

Her brother was two years older than her (same age as me).  They were home for the summer from college.  Like many college kids, they both enjoyed drinking, and he was out one night partying it up.  He came home smashed, and went to bed in his own bed.  She was already in bed, but not yet sleeping when he got home.  She later fell asleep, but was awoken by him opening her bedroom door.  He walked over to her dresser, and pulled open one of the top drawers.  She was groggy, and it was dark, so she was confused by what was going on.  She then asked him, "what are you doing?"  He looked back at her over his shoulder, and non-challantly said "...peeing...."  She then heard the unmistakable sound of him peeing into one of her drawers.  He finished, and then sauntered back to his own room.

It happened to be an entire drawer dedicated to pony tail holders and such (this was early/mid 90s, so they were all the rage), so she had to throw the entire supply out, as she would never put them in her hair again, even after washing them.

This is what my daughter would do. Would freak us the eff out. The scariest part is that her bedroom was upstairs.

When I was about 12 we were visiting my Aunt & Uncle and staying at their place. In the morning my Mom told me that some time during the night, while they were still up watching TV, they saw me walk downstairs into the kitchen and open the fridge. They figured I was looking for something to drink or eat. Of course, I was actually taking a leak while sleepwalking. Fortunately it wasn't in the fridge, just on the floor in front of it.

When I was in elementary school I woke up in the middle of the night, opened the drawer on my nightstand and peed in the drawer.  Next night, I did the same thing except instead of walking to the bathroom, I opened my closet door.  But, because of my thing the night before, my father caught me before I doused the place.

Never did it again.  30+ years later (last summer) I woke up standing over my laundry hamper with the top open almost ready to pee.  Popped awake, maybe the fear of having to do laundry right away scared me awake?

Couple of stories... 

When I was 8 or 9, my sister was like 6 and was having those "I'm scared of the dark!" things, so I volunteered to sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor.  Well, apparently the distance/walking pattern from my room to the bathroom was essentially equivalent to that of my sister's room to the corner of the living room, where my parents were watching TV.  I stood in the corner and was about to pee and my parents snapped me out of it.  Not sure it was full sleepwalking cuz I kind of have a faint recollection of doing it.  Never had any episodes since.

First night in my senior year apartment with two buddies, we had been drinking all night and we came back toasty.  I was sharing a bedroom with my buddy and the other guy had his own room.  My buddy was in bed and I was on the computer in the room.  The other dude walks into our room, gives me a "what's up" type of head-nod and proceeds to piss all over my buddy's hat collection which he had thrown into the corner of the room (since we had just moved in).  I'm talkin about like 10-12 nice ballcaps.  I wasn't sure what to do but laugh and say "WTF are you doing... hey XXX, YYY is pissing all over your hats!"  Dry cleaning didn't work. :lol:

My daughter has a friend (16yo) at school that is a big runner and frequent sleep walker. She recently got up in the middle of night and went for a sleep-run. She came to her senses in the middle of the night over a mile away from her house. :shock:  It was dark and cold and she was under-dressed and terrified. She ended up banging on a neighbor's door and they got up and drove her home. 

One freezing, drunken night in college, we had lost our power (and heat) were sitting around the table in the living room drinking whiskey to stay warm. All of sudden we heard water gushing and splashing onto the floor. We all thought a pipe had burst and went running into the kitchen. There was my roommate, buck-naked and swinging his body from side-to-side just soaking everything in sight. Made him clean in up the next day. He didnt remember any of it.

Sometimes I got it right...  I was about 10-11 years old and my parents said I walked into their room, walked right past them like they weren't there, and proceeded to use their bathroom, even though I had one in my room.  Two other times my parents caught me looking into a hallway mirror combing my hair.  :)    I don't remember any of these episodes.

But I wasn't always that tame.  One morning I woke up with my closet door open, which was unusual.  I soon realized my football and baseball cards sitting on the closet floor were soaked, and by the smell, it had to be pee.  Ruined some very good and (at that time) valuable cards, and I knew it was me sleep-walking.  My friend was spending the night in a sleeping bag right next to the closet, so I'm pretty sure he got a piece of my golden rainbow/shower.  :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
He of course had no recollection of it at all the next morning, and my heart races a little to this day when I think about it and fear what could have happened that night.
Exactly like my experience in the hotel.  Freaky.As.F###

Users who are viewing this thread