What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump Care (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
Why was the GOP in such a hurry to pass this bill that everyone hates?  I have to say I'm a bit shuked by what horrible political strategist they are.

Why was the GOP in such a hurry to pass this bill that everyone hates?  I have to say I'm a bit shuked by what horrible political strategist they are.
Paul Ryan wanted to Repeal the ACA on the Anniversary date it was signed into law(March 23rd, 2010).. Really it is the ONLY reason I've read that makes any sense on why they tried to force this through without having the votes..
And if they go through with what Trump wants and force a vote today, and it fails, no matter what Trump tries to tell people on why, it will be he and Ryan that end up with egg on their faces.

Who knew Health care could be so complicated?? :lol:

Paul Ryan wanted to Repeal the ACA on the Anniversary date it was signed into law(March 23rd, 2010).. Really it is the ONLY reason I've read that makes any sense on why they tried to force this through without having the votes..
And if they go through with what Trump wants and force a vote today, and it fails, no matter what Trump tries to tell people on why, it will be he and Ryan that end up with egg on their faces.

Literally nothing about the whole fiasco makes any sense.  It's frightening that these numbskulls are in charge of our country (and I'm not just talking about the golfer in chief).

I prefer the term Republicare to be quite honest.  Because Trump isn't going to last.  But the Republicans will have to defend this thing even more with their name actually on it.  The current political picture in the United States is all about branding.  I think the Democrats are missing a big opportunity to hang this on the entire Republican party.  

Once the ACA granted guaranteed issue, community rating, and no pre-ex limitations, none of them were every going to be taken away - it would be political suicide.  It would be like taking social security away from someone now - no politician will ever do it. 

i have asked a bunch of times what is better about trumpcare i read on fox6 news in milwaukee that premiums and deductibles will go up so it will cost more and then i read on forbes that if you make less than 75k a year you will pay more in taxes because of it so please can someone tell me what is better about this i do not get it this bill just sort of seems to suck take that to the bank brohans 

Calling it Trumpcare is dumb. They're trying to fix Obama's monumental failure. I'm surprised but not surprised that the Democrats are against obviously needed reform. Why are they defending this terrible legislation rather than helping to make it better?

i have asked a bunch of times what is better about trumpcare i read on fox6 news in milwaukee that premiums and deductibles will go up so it will cost more and then i read on forbes that if you make less than 75k a year you will pay more in taxes because of it so please can someone tell me what is better about this i do not get it this bill just sort of seems to suck take that to the bank brohans 
Your guess is as good as mine on how this bill will help the Average Joe..

The winners are Insurance companies - They can charge more for Older people, the CEO's are no longer bound to a certain salary, and if you drop insurance and then sign up later they can charge you a "Fee".
Latest additions to benefit Insurance companies are to remove Items that currently Insurance companies must provide:

Emergency services
Hospitalization
Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
Mental health and substance use disorder services, including counseling and psychotherapy
Prescription drugs
Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices, which help people with injuries and disabilities to recover
Laboratory services
Preventive care, wellness services, and chronic disease management
Pediatric services, including oral and vision care for children

Obamacare is a mess and has many issues, but this bill looks like a bigger :tfp:   for America..

It's better because along with the increased costs, you'll have less coverage!!

Isn't that better?

It's also better because it'll lower our deficit.

Well, not really, because we are going to increase our military spending, so your increased costs for less coverage will help buy newer planes and stuff.

thanks brohans you are confiming what i have read about this bill but what id really like is for johnmx or maxpower or others from that crew who hated obamacare so much to tell me what this fixes and how the fixes actually help average americans like me and if the answer is well it basically just helps the super wealthy and blackbox lobbying front organizations thats fine but say it and fn own it because if i have any gasp of air in me im bringing it up everywhere i can here in scanny come midterms take that to the bank bromigos 

thanks brohans you are confiming what i have read about this bill but what id really like is for johnmx or maxpower or others from that crew who hated obamacare so much to tell me what this fixes and how the fixes actually help average americans like me and if the answer is well it basically just helps the super wealthy and blackbox lobbying front organizations thats fine but say it and fn own it because if i have any gasp of air in me im bringing it up everywhere i can here in scanny come midterms take that to the bank bromigos 
This bill is about tax cuts for the rich and crippling medicaid and not what they sold to their voters and everybody knows it take that to the bank brochachos.  

Calling it Trumpcare is dumb. They're trying to fix Obama's monumental failure. I'm surprised but not surprised that the Democrats are against obviously needed reform. Why are they defending this terrible legislation rather than helping to make it better?
Who is against reform?

It is Trumpcare...it's his thing he and Ryan want. And this bill isn't reform...it's complete crap.  Why are the republicans and Trump not trying to work with the moderates to help make it better rather than trying to rush something worse they?

Hopefully this thing is dead in the water.  Ryan and the establishment republicans need to be discredited.  Or failing that, maybe they can write a new one with RAND 

This bill is about tax cuts for the rich and crippling medicaid and not what they sold to their voters and everybody knows it take that to the bank brochachos.  
to quote my main man the fonz exactamundo now i want to hear the guys that hate obamacare so much try and defend this pos and the fact that it represents one of the crappiest failures of statesmanship and worst examples of legislators selling out their actual non corporate consitituents ever take that to the bank bromigos 

what does this fix that helps that average american tell me please how does this make me get cheaper healthcare or lower deductibles or better coverage or pay less taxes and keep more money in my pocket thanks brohan i will anxiously await your answers about trumpcare take that to the bank 

These opinions from Trump haters and the opinions from Trump lovers, I toss in the trash equally. No value to me at all.

So GB SWC, it's going to be difficult to get an informative answer.

The closest might come from snogger and mattyl

Last edited by a moderator:
These opinions from Trump haters and the opinions from Trump lovers, I toss in the trash equally. No value to me at all.

So GB SWC, it's going to be difficult to get an informative answer.

The closest might come from snogger and mattyl
:wub:

Seriously though.. For those that have followed my discussion in regards to OBC they know there were many thing I hated from the onset:

Never was paid for regardless what the Left tried to tells us, the fee/tax was a joke, There was no way the bill was going to "save the average Joe money"... 

and some items I liked: No limits to HC Coverage, Companies must cover certain HC needs, Insurance rates the same regardless of age.

But in regards to this bill I've read, read and read some more and can't fathom how this bill will "Help the Average Joe" :confused:

As far as the nickname goes, if I'm the Democrats I'd call it WealthCare.  Drive home the point that it's that tax cut for the rich that's motivating them here, and with every story that comes of someone dying for having lost their healthcare, remind people where their priorities were. 

I am an Independent and have voted both republican and democrat in the past but Paul Ryan is such a jackwad. I don't know how anyone stands that idiot.

I get the letdown but also think stepping away from it might be the best thing at this time. Obamacare is going to collapse, if they just step in and tweak it and make it better while not fixing it then Trump is tied to it when it fails. If you don't have a plan that really works why put the blood on your hands when essentially just tweaking to slightly improve Obamacare. On to tax reform please. 

Users who are viewing this thread