What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auto Accident (1 Viewer)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
I was rear ended yesterday (not in a good way!) by a USAA member and apparently it can take up to 2 weeks for the process to get to the point where I can start having my vehicle repaired.  The other guy was driving a rental, and the USAA rep said they have to find out if the guy had USAA insurance or rental insurance, and it can take some time.  The guy stated that he was insured by USAA, and had waived the insurance with the rental company due to USAA having that option (yeah we had to wait close to 1 hour for police to show up for to make out report).   Meanwhile, my new vehicle has a battered rear end.  USAA rep said that I could turn the claim into my insurance company and that may be faster.? wtf?!?     Man the last time I was involved in an automobile wreck the other guy handed me his insurance card, I took a picture of it, called his insurance company  and that same day was getting estimates for repairs.  Easy as pie!   Man things sure have changed and not for the better.  

Ugh, called my insurance company and they stated, "if we subrogate your claim you will be out your deductible.  If you win your claim you may get your deductible returned."   oh, but good news I have had insurance with my company for so long they stated, "you can no longer be dropped due to accidents or tickets!?"     

well :kicksrock:    will give it till Monday and see what happens. 

Ugh, called my insurance company and they stated, "if we subrogate your claim you will be out your deductible.  If you win your claim you may get your deductible returned."   oh, but good news I have had insurance with my company for so long they stated, "you can no longer be dropped due to accidents or tickets!?"     

SOP in todays world.

We were hit.  I paid my deductible. Got the car fixed in a few days.    3 weeks later received a check for the deductible :shrug:

Yeah, if you need immediate help then call your carrier.  If your car is still drives okay I'd wait it out.  2 weeks doesn't seem all that bad...but I was a crummy claims adjuster in a past life.  

This is the route I went in my last accident. Got a check back for the deductible a couple weeks later.

I was rear ended yesterday (not in a good way!) by a USAA member and apparently it can take up to 2 weeks for the process to get to the point where I can start having my vehicle repaired.  The other guy was driving a rental, and the USAA rep said they have to find out if the guy had USAA insurance or rental insurance, and it can take some time.  The guy stated that he was insured by USAA, and had waived the insurance with the rental company due to USAA having that option (yeah we had to wait close to 1 hour for police to show up for to make out report).   Meanwhile, my new vehicle has a battered rear end.  USAA rep said that I could turn the claim into my insurance company and that may be faster.? wtf?!?     Man the last time I was involved in an automobile wreck the other guy handed me his insurance card, I took a picture of it, called his insurance company  and that same day was getting estimates for repairs.  Easy as pie!   Man things sure have changed and not for the better.  
why the delay?

In 2015 I was hit by a drunk driver who had State Farm and my car was fixed and back to me in 5-6 days

Last edited by a moderator:
(yeah we had to wait close to 1 hour for police to show up for to make out report)
My daughter got in an accident down in Nashville a week or so ago, same thing, they waited over an hour for the cops to come.

Then at the clinic they would NOT treat her until she had an accident claim number. 2 1/2 hours at the clinic before she was looked at. Totally unacceptable. She had both her Health Ins card and car ins cards but they wouldn't see her until she got them a claim number. My insurance company said that was completely ridiculous.

My daughter got in an accident down in Nashville a week or so ago, same thing, they waited over an hour for the cops to come.

Then at the clinic they would NOT treat her until she had an accident claim number. 2 1/2 hours at the clinic before she was looked at. Totally unacceptable. She had both her Health Ins card and car ins cards but they wouldn't see her until she got them a claim number. My insurance company said that was completely ridiculous.
what type of clinic? Why didn't she go to emergency room at a real Hospital?

what type of clinic? Why didn't she go to emergency room at a real Hospital?
In retrospect she probably should have but it was on her way home and her neck was the only thing bothering her. She has whiplash so nothing major, but still they should have checked her out, especially since she had her insurance card out, the health ins would have gone after the car ins anyways. 

I was rear ended by a USAA driver a couple months ago.  Within a week I was able to take my car wherever I wanted to get it fixed. It was an easy process.  You can wait or run it through your insurance.  If it's still drivable I doubt they give you a rental until it actually goes to the shop for repairs so there's no real point in running it through yours and dealing with the reimbursement.

Twin Cities metro area, they won't even send a police officer unless someone is injured.  They just give you a police report number over the phone.

Yeah I was trying to set up an appointment today with my Primary Care Doctor and when they asked what the issue is I told them I was in a motor vehicle accident.  All of a sudden they were like "UH NO!  You have to get a claim number from the insurance!  You cannot be seen for a vehicle accident without the claim number!"    WTF.  calm down people 

Users who are viewing this thread