Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Limp Ditka

2017 Closer Thread: Bad Day To Be A Blake

29 minutes ago, Eephus said:

This is my dark horse in Texas.  Barnette tied Seung-hwan Oh as the SV leader in the Japan Central League in 2015.

There's a joke somewhere about doing it for the Swallows but I couldn't make it work.

@Doctor Detroit to the red curtesy phone 

• Like 1

See Rosenthal get the 8th, go pick him up in my holds league right after he gets first out. Proceeds to give up, as of now, 3 straight hits

:mellow: 

With Familia coming back next week I need to get rid of Reed before Monday's games begin at 11AM (in a weekly league). Is Bedrosian the man in LAA with Street and Bailey on the DL?

2 minutes ago, Swing 51 said:

With Familia coming back next week I need to get rid of Reed before Monday's games begin at 11AM (in a weekly league). Is Bedrosian the man in LAA with Street and Bailey on the DL?

👍 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

:lmao: Dyson :lmao: 

What is Bannister thinking? 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

What is Bannister thinking? 

Bush will be the guy?

5 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

How much longer will Treinen keep the job?   Oof.

I think Kelley is the guy Dusty trusts most at the end of games but he prefers to use him in the highest leverage spot.  There was talk about just being easy on Kelley, as in he is not going to be pitching three days in a row and probably not more than three days a week because of injury concerns.  But I think he's at least gonna get some save ops here and there and his high K rate makes him a good guy to have anyway.

3 hours ago, gump said:

Bush will be the guy?

Sure is the most logical choice IMO, he should at least get the first couple shots. 

I mean no one can be worse than Dyson so who knows, Jeffress and Barnette are also worth speculative adds.  I have one share of each but it's hard not seeing Bush getting the nod to start. 

14 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I think Kelley is the guy Dusty trusts most at the end of games but he prefers to use him in the highest leverage spot.  There was talk about just being easy on Kelley, as in he is not going to be pitching three days in a row and probably not more than three days a week because of injury concerns.  But I think he's at least gonna get some save ops here and there and his high K rate makes him a good guy to have anyway.

Sure is the most logical choice IMO, he should at least get the first couple shots. 

I mean no one can be worse than Dyson so who knows, Jeffress and Barnette are also worth speculative adds.  I have one share of each but it's hard not seeing Bush getting the nod to start. 

I actually think they might look to Jeffress first since he does have some experience in that role.      

20 hours ago, Limp Ditka said:

:provencloser:

Never said proven.  Said he has done it before so he may get the first shot.  Also, didn't say I agree with that approach.....hahahahaha 

• Mon, Apr 17

Rangers manager Jeff Banister said Monday that Matt Bush will get the first chance to close with Sam Dyson (hand) going on the disabled list.

Advice: Banister did note that Bush wouldn't get every save opportunity, so Jeremy Jeffress also figures to be in the mix. The Rangers will need to be careful with Bush after his recent shoulder issues, so he won't be overworked. Still, the 31-year-old is a shutdown reliever and could easily run away with the job if he's able to stay healthy. Pick him up in a hurry if he happens to still be available in your league.

(Rotoworld.com)

Keone Kela called up, kind of a dark horse in Texas closer #### show. I liked him pre elbow injury last year, actually rostered him as a closer spec in a couple leagues, then he was a disaster when he came back from the injury. The stuff was there before he was hurt. He has a helpful K rate even if he doesn't close while waiting for things to stabilize. He did have some attitude issues in spring training so also something to keep an eye on, still worth a spec add if you can fit him IMO. 

1 hour ago, Kraft... said:

He did have some attitude issues in spring training so also something to keep an eye on, still worth a spec add if you can fit him IMO. 

Yeah, the whole team hates him. Sounds like the perfect guy to be your closer. Worked for Papelbon. :thumbup:

Just now, Don Quixote said:

Treinen just got pulled in the 9th again.  So terrible.

I picked up Kelley in a deep league yesterday, and I think I'm gonna drop Treinen in the league I have him in for Kelley (shallow league). 

In that league (10 team h2h cats) my closers are Rodney, Casilla, Bush, and Kelley now (All but Casilla acquired in past 4 days).  :X

I have Britton but forearm strains worry me. 

35 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Treinen is gross, Kelley it is. 

Yup.  Do you think Kelley will last as the closer?  I'm definitely dropping Treinen but not sure if it's even worth spending any of my budget on Kelley.  

32 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I picked up Kelley in a deep league yesterday, and I think I'm gonna drop Treinen in the league I have him in for Kelley (shallow league). 

In that league (10 team h2h cats) my closers are Rodney, Casilla, Bush, and Kelley now (All but Casilla acquired in past 4 days).  :X

I have Britton but forearm strains worry me. 

Someone dropped Kelley in mine the other day and I already had a bid pending for him, but just upped the FAAB.

I'm not sure if it's going to be him or Glover though. But I lean towards Kelley getting the first crack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Yup.  Do you think Kelley will last as the closer?  I'm definitely dropping Treinen but not sure if it's even worth spending any of my budget on Kelley.  

I think Kelley is the guy Dusty most trusts but as I mentioned, word around here is there are issues with his usage and durability.  IMO Kelley is the primary guy but Glover and Treinen will both get save ops.  I would also consider the Nats are very likely to trade for a real closer by July.  Kelley is not a bad guy to have with the Ks and ratios though, I'd say he gets 20 saves with great peripherals. 

Santiago Casilla pitched a clean 9th.  DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? YES! :confetti:

Dusty said it's going to be a mix of Kelley and Glover in the 9th now.  My guess is mostly Kelley, unless they need to give his arm some rest...

Mark Zuckerman‏ @MarkZuckerman
Dusty says he'll "mix and match" Kelley and Glover in 9th inning now. Treinen will return to setup/fireman role he thrived in last year.

Edited by Don Quixote

I'm just gonna ##### about Kimbrell blowing an amazing game by Chris Sale.  :angry:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Astros let Devenski go the last 2 1/3 to pick up the save.  :wub:

I'm in a weird H2H points league where each team only starts one RP and we don't count holds, so RPs don't hold a whole lot of value. I'm still thinking of picking him up and starting him over someone like Melancon.

9 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

I'm in a weird H2H points league where each team only starts one RP and we don't count holds, so RPs don't hold a whole lot of value. I'm still thinking of picking him up and starting him over someone like Melancon.

Man if they are gonna use him like Andrew Miller he's gonna be pretty valuable. 

Bedrosian is dead, Bud Norris in line for saves.  I'll pass, thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Bedrosian is dead, Bud Norris in line for saves.  I'll pass, thanks. 

I'm guessing it's Blake Parker

23 minutes ago, Annyong said:

I'm going with dumpster fire

48 minutes ago, Annyong said:

You guessed incorrectly 

2 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

You guessed incorrectly 

Well dip me in ####

45 minutes ago, Annyong said:

Well dip me in ####

According to my notebook, that has already been done. 

• Like 5

Fernando Rodney :lmao:

Hadn't given up a run all year, guess he was due. 

6 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Fernando Rodney :lmao:

Hadn't given up a run all year, guess he was due. 

Rodney had given up 6 runs before yesterday. 

3 hours ago, the moops said:

Rodney had given up 6 runs before yesterday. 

I have no idea what I was looking at. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I have no idea what I was looking at. 

Probably blown saves.. was zero before yesterday

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

Probably blown saves.. was zero before yesterday

My team with Rodney had Paxton, Betances, and Miller who went 9 innings, 0 runs, like 6 BB/H.  At the end of the night team had a 4.6 ERA and a 1.3 WHIP.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Detroit said:

My team with Rodney had Paxton, Betances, and Miller who went 9 innings, 0 runs, like 6 BB/H.  At the end of the night team had a 4.6 ERA and a 1.3 WHIP.  lol

I couldn't even tell that Rodney sucked when I looked this morning for I went to bed having seen Gsellman, Manaea, and Chen give up a thousand runs

44 minutes ago, the moops said:

I couldn't even tell that Rodney sucked when I looked this morning for I went to bed having seen Gsellman, Manaea, and Chen give up a thousand runs

30 team league?

• Like 2