Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
massraider

InfoWars Fake News PizzaGate Lunatic Tool Republishes 1,000 Russia Today Articles, Millions Choke It Down

This guy is such a POS. The fact that this crap has an audience at all is disappointing; the fact that some people actually believe what he has to say is disturbing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Reminder that Trump called in to Alex Jones' show during the campaign, called him "amazing" and promised that he would not let Jones down.  They have remained in contact since.

Two peas in a pod.

The same guy who calls the NY Times and Washington Post "fake news".

What a world.

Ugh, this pos has kids 9, 12 & 14 years old. Hopefully the mom gets full custody and moves far away. 

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Alex Jones having a hard time fiinding impartial jury in his hometown, because everyone in his hometown dislikes him

A very hearty LOL to every mouth-breathing dimwit that fell for any of these conspiracy theories.

that's no way to speak about the owner of your favorite fantasy football board

Edited by Righetti
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

And he'll be right back on the air tomorrow, claiming that aliens were controlling his brain when he swore under oath that he was just a performance artist...

And Trump will believe him, validating this lunatic in the eyes of millions. 

16 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah he's basically admitting in court that his job as a radio host is the equivalent of a pro wrestler. 

not sure what is worse, one of these loons who is doing it all for show or one of the these loons who actually believes it.

16 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah he's basically admitting in court that his job as a radio host is the equivalent of a pro wrestler. 

At least he cuts a promo like a wrestler. :shrug:

• Like 2

Did a real quick fbg search and I see infowars mentioned all the time like people around here are reading it religiously.  I have a hard time finding an example of someone here actually using it as a source though.  If Infowars' goal was to discredit anyone who has mildly similar points of view to them, they are a resounding success.  But because they spam antiestablishment talking points along with lizard people stories people equate the populist wing with infowars.  It's pretty disingenous tbh.  

Me personally, I've always felt like the whole thing was some sort of weird psyop when Jones got on Piers Morgan's program and went on his 1776 tirade.  Guy's a clown, always has been.  Water filters and brain pills.  Come on.  

33 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

At least he cuts a promo like a wrestler. :shrug:

He also seems to drink and party like a wrestler. 

17 minutes ago, Ren Ho3k said:

Did a real quick fbg search and I see infowars mentioned all the time like people around here are reading it religiously.  I have a hard time finding an example of someone here actually using it as a source though.  If Infowars' goal was to discredit anyone who has mildly similar points of view to them, they are a resounding success.  But because they spam antiestablishment talking points along with lizard people stories people equate the populist wing with infowars.  It's pretty disingenous tbh.  

Me personally, I've always felt like the whole thing was some sort of weird psyop when Jones got on Piers Morgan's program and went on his 1776 tirade.  Guy's a clown, always has been.  Water filters and brain pills.  Come on.  

Just like Mike Cernovich and televangelists, they are just trying to make an easy buck selling useless garbage to naive people. 

48 minutes ago, Righetti said:

not sure what is worse, one of these loons who is doing it all for show or one of the these loons who actually believes it.

Both? Also, I don't think Jones is totally playing either. He doesn't seem like a stable person. His drunk late night rants are scary. 

1 hour ago, Ren Ho3k said:

Gosh, I guess no one takes these stories serious then. Musta been my imagination.

• Like 1

However we accomplished it, I'm glad that we finally have this InfoWars issue settled and that no ### hole dooshnozzle ####gibbon on this board will ever link to it seriously again.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753767-the-trump-years-we-will-immediately-repeal-and-replace-obama-care-and-nobody-can-do-that-like-me-waitwhat/?do=findComment&comment=19846238

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753767-the-trump-years-we-will-immediately-repeal-and-replace-obama-care-and-nobody-can-do-that-like-me-waitwhat/?do=findComment&comment=19979883

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/742411-official-trump-supporters-he-terrifies-politicians-and-this-is-a-joy-to-behold/?do=findComment&comment=19038728

There are others going back years.  

There were an awful lot more before the pizzagate thread was deleted, I believe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Just like Mike Cernovich and televangelists, they are just trying to make an easy buck selling useless garbage to naive people. 

Sadly, one of these people happens to be President of the United States.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

The same guy who calls the NY Times and Washington Post "fake news FAKE NEWS".

What a world.

Fixed

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Ok, that is a pretty fair point there.  It's worth noting that a couple of those are probably the same guy.  

I think infowars is trash and that's why I don't bother reading/linking it here.  It's like red meat for people that think they are cool subculture but are really just bjorks  

9 minutes ago, Ren Ho3k said:

Ok, that is a pretty fair point there.  It's worth noting that a couple of those are probably the same guy.  

I think infowars is trash and that's why I don't bother reading/linking it here.  It's like red meat for people that think they are cool subculture but are really just bjorks  

Looking back several years, there were some in the Tokyo reactor thread, posted by at least one rather prominent poster.  I think many people have been reading them for years and haven't noticed Jones's complete face-plant slide into alcoholic insanity from his rather "lame but tame" conspiracy-theory weirdness from years ago.

4 hours ago, Ren Ho3k said:

Trump seems to like the guy. Do you think it's because of the lizard people stories?

Normally in this type of case I like to joke that there will only be two winners, but in this case there will be eight. 

The wife probably just wants more money.  It's not like Alex Jones became Alex Jones over night.  He has been pretty consistent with his schtick for a while now.  She married the guy for crying out loud.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quez said:

The wife probably just wants more money.  It's not like Alex Jones became Alex Jones over night.  He has been pretty consistent with his schtick for a while now.  She married the guy for crying out loud.

While I'm sure money is a part of it (I love the reported judge's comments that regular people won't grasp that she can't live off 43k/month), the article as well as the reported testimony suggests that the kids, for whatever reason, have primarily resided with Jones and not their mother.  Also, the parties appear to have divorced three years ago so this is probably what I'd refer to as a "modification" or "custody" hearing.  So, the hearing really does appear to be over when each parent will have the kids and, possibly, which parent will get to make the life decisions for the kids. 

19 minutes ago, Quez said:

Totally her fault.  Totally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zow said:

While I'm sure money is a part of it (I love the reported judge's comments that regular people won't grasp that she can't live off 43k/month), the article as well as the reported testimony suggests that the kids, for whatever reason, have primarily resided with Jones and not their mother.  Also, the parties appear to have divorced three years ago so this is probably what I'd refer to as a "modification" or "custody" hearing.  So, the hearing really does appear to be over when each parent will have the kids and, possibly, which parent will get to make the life decisions for the kids. 

Well I wouldn't overthink this one. Ali s by all accounts a supreme ####### but I'm sure the wife isn't a peach either having wedded him. 

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Well I wouldn't overthink this one. Ali s by all accounts a supreme ####### but I'm sure the wife isn't a peach either having wedded him. 

I'd note that in my now four years of doing divorce law that generally unreasonableness permeates both sides. 

• Like 1

Alex Jones urges media to be respectful and responsible

Alex Jones, the founder of the far-right InfoWars conspiracy theory outlet, urged the media Friday to “respectfully” cover him and his family amid a custody hearing over his three children.

“I urge the press to be respectful and responsible and to show due deference to the process of the law and respect boundaries defined for this case so that a fair result can be found,” Jones said in a statement, according to Business Insider. “Above all this is a private matter.”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

NYT should run a headline calling him a lizard person who eats human babies and admitted it on the stand. 

Wife's lawyer should ask him to prove that he isn't a pedophile.  

49 minutes ago, massraider said:

No, it's extremely unlikely that a jury is determining whether Jones is fit to parent.  Instead, they're more likely determining whether it's in the best interests of the kids to live with mom or dad. 

4 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

Wife's lawyer should ask him to prove that he isn't a pedophile.  

"I've heard you really like pizza.  Can you explain why we shouldn't assume you're involved in a child sex ring?"

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

"I've heard you really like pizza.  Can you explain why we shouldn't assume you're involved in a child sex ring?"

Objection, argumentative and hearsay - facts not in evidence.  He clearly stated that he just wants to eat cheeseburgers and we only have proof that he eats chili. 

Edited by Zow

2 minutes ago, Zow said:

Objection, argumentative and hearsay - facts not in evidence.  He clearly stated that he just wants to eat cheeseburgers and we only have proof that he eats chili. 

I object to the objection.  In fact...tap-tap no tag-backs objection times infinity.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zow said:

Your honor, we think the court can take judicial notice that this fat #### can eat an entire pizza in one sitting. 

54 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

I object to the objection.  In fact...tap-tap no tag-backs objection times infinity.

Well, I strenuously object.  Move to reconsider. 

Strenuously object? Is that how it works? Your honor, I object.  Overruled.  I strenuously object.  Oh, you strenuously object?  Well then, let me reconsider...

Update on the paragon of virtue and Friend of Trump:

Alex Jones tucks tail between legs after yogurt maker beach-slapped him in court

Far-right radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones "resolved" his lawsuit with Greek yogurt giant Chobani and retracted his comments about the company on Wednesday — just a few weeks after the foodmaker sued him over what it said were false and defamatory comments.

"During the week of April 10, 2017, certain statements were made on the Infowars Twitter feed and YouTube channel regarding Chobani, LLC that I now understand to be wrong," Jones, who runs the website Infowars.com, announced in a video on his YouTube Channel. "The tweets and video have now been retracted, and will not be re-posted.

"On behalf of Infowars, I regret that we mischaracterized Chobani, its employees and the people of Twin Falls, Idaho, the way we did," he continued. 

Chobani is lucky to get out of this lawsuit unscathed.  They were probably terrified:

Chobani sued Jones on April 24, accusing him of posting false and defamatory information alleging that the company was linked to an assault case involving refugee children that had nothing to do with the company and that Chobani was linked to an increase in tuberculosis in the area.

Jones did not strike such a conciliatory tone the day after the suit was filed, saying in a video, "Oh Chobani, get ready" and that he and his supporters were "never backing down."

I know it says there that Jones said he wasn't backing down, but that was like, a month ago.

• Like 3