What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ONCE AGAIN IT'S HAPPENING TOMORROW!- 7a - Neighborhood Yard Sale (1 Viewer)

Chemical X

Footballguy
I am ready to ditch my crapola............join me here tomorrow as I live update the people, the haggling and the junk peddled.

some of the nicer things; fitbit alta, chanel sunglasses, leather cowboy boots purchased in italy

some of the crappier things; used deep fryer, non functioning poulan blower, la machine food processor (gift at wife's wedding shower - we are married 26 years).

also selling my mom's collection of manic depressive costume jewelry.

:pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot:

You should set up a prop sheet and send the winner an unsold item if your choice 

Heaviest customer

O/u on faded Devil Ray's t shirts 

Worst offer

Etc

Wait I always confuse you with @Capella

So like a bunch of Bernie Whatshisname jerseys instead of rays gear?

o/u on total revenue for those 3 nicer things, $65
better be O.............the boots cost me 210 euro and I am starting them at 125-.  high for a yard sale, but some confederate flag waving yahoo down here is bound to offer me 100-....never been worn and they stink like suckling calf.

asking 50- for the fitbit and sunglasses.  I am thinking all 3 for 150- minimum.

if we have high Mexican traffic, most of my junk will be sold.  I need the bitty weekend yard salers to gobble up the decent stuff.

also selling lawn chairs at 5- a pop and zero gravity recliners at 10-.

I am hoping to total around 200- pesos (I know the conversion).

:blackdot:

You should set up a prop sheet and send the winner an unsold item if your choice 

Heaviest customer

O/u on faded Devil Ray's t shirts 

Worst offer

Etc

Wait I always confuse you with @Capella

So like a bunch of Bernie Whatshisname jerseys instead of rays gear?
Me                          Capella

Smart                      Dumb

Thin                         Fat

Jew                          Schiksa

Rich                         Poor

Met Fan                   Ray Fan

better be O.............the boots cost me 210 euro and I am starting them at 125-.  high for a yard sale, but some confederate flag waving yahoo down here is bound to offer me 100-....never been worn and they stink like suckling calf.

asking 50- for the fitbit and sunglasses.  I am thinking all 3 for 150- minimum.

if we have high Mexican traffic, most of my junk will be sold.  I need the bitty weekend yard salers to gobble up the decent stuff.

also selling lawn chairs at 5- a pop and zero gravity recliners at 10-.

I am hoping to total around 200- pesos (I know the conversion).
garage sales are the ####### worst.  you will be chiseled beyond your deepest fears.  maybe it's different where you live, but here, the worst possible humans come out for garage sales. i'd rather burn my crap than have another garage sale.

35/45 for the fitbit, 10 for glasses, tops.  boots won't sell at a price you're cool with.

Me                          Capella

Smart                      Dumb

Thin                         Fat

Jew                          Schiksa

Rich                         Poor

Met Fan                   Ray Fan
Old                           Less old

Angry                       Less angry 

Loves baseball (see #1)     Does not love 

Loves Beagles          Ok same here 

Lives in backwoods state     Lives in Florida

My wife loves to yard sale.  She'll haggle like no other and tell you what a mistake you're making by not taking her 3 for $5 deal on items priced at $5 each.  Then she'll come back at 11:00 and offer you $1 each. 

Of course our house is cluttered with crap so her top shelf negotiating skillz have their downside.

No way you get more than $50 for the boots.  You better make a decision about the lowest price you'll take.

My wife would offer you $10 (and none of us wear boots). 

I am up over 70- now.....

had 2 professional women yard salers gobble up wife's clothing, a suitcase, bed set, sneakers, lawn chairs.......

seems like 8-9a is the witching hour......

had a sniff on the boots and fitbit, nothing yet.

boots down to 100-

seems like 8-9a is the witching hour......

had a sniff on the boots and fitbit, nothing yet.

boots down to 100-
not for nuttin' ... but i'd be shocked - shocked i tell ya - if you bag more than a Grant for the boots  :shrug:

pulling for ya to get a much better price, but, yeah ... don't see it, especially considering the milieu  :unsure:

not for nuttin' ... but i'd be shocked - shocked i tell ya - if you bag more than a Grant for the boots  :shrug:

pulling for ya to get a much better price, but, yeah ... don't see it, especially considering the milieu  :unsure:
I want them gone........no use, but not donating them either.  stay tuned!

Confusion is an important negotiation strategy in this things.... 

item: $50

customer "6 bucks?" 

You: "52.25"

customer "huh? 8 bucks?"

you: $35.10

customer: wtf? I'll go $15 but that's it.

you: "make it $14.99 plus tax and we've got a deal" 

also: its important to have one absurdly priced item.... like uncle Clem's old ceramic alligator/golfer ashtray set at $450. When people ask why it's so high just say "if you don't know, then I'm not explaining it to you. Someone will know why" 

My wife always uses the word "profit" when we're yardselling. Last year I pulled my son aside to explain the mistake in her choice of words, while sternly warning him to keep it to himself.
'technically' a profit, but we all know the deal.  I got $75- for $500- dollars worth of stuff.

from a bank perspective, liquidating crap and unsecured debt may get me .03-.08 on a dollar, so I am ahead of that game.

will add paper money to massive coin jug for extra cash when we flee the country soon.

Chemical X said:
9.15a still at +75-...............another 45 minutes and off to the Goodwill
methinks the ilk of folk who would plunk major coin on the boots are severely hungover, and prolly won't be awake for a couple hours ... waving the flag at 10 may be a tad premature, no?

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread