What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justice League (1 Viewer)

The new justice league trailer came out today and it looks amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiAmnKUaNmc

Anyone else looking forward to seeing this movie?
It looks good in this trailer. However, that was the same for all the other movies in the DCEU (both Superman movies, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman). The movies themselves so far have disappointed in comparison. Wonder Woman will be a chance for them to break that trend, but until they do no trailer for a DCEU movie is going to get my hopes up that the movie will be good.

Tempering expectations based on all the other DC flops. Still looks too dark and gritty for my liking. I love marvels style much better. 

Cyborg looks to fake, it's obvious superman is in this so not sure why they bother playing it off, and the song they picked for the trailer was dumb. They continue to do everything wrong. 

It looks good in this trailer. However, that was the same for all the other movies in the DCEU (both Superman movies, Suicide Squad, and Wonder Woman). The movies themselves so far have disappointed in comparison. Wonder Woman will be a chance for them to break that trend, but until they do no trailer for a DCEU movie is going to get my hopes up that the movie will be good.
Both Superman movies were amazing, Suicide Squad was good, and Wonder Woman isn't out yet.

Snyder directed Justice League so I expect it to be amazing just like every other movie he has ever directed.

What didn't you like about the Superman movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Superman movies were amazing, Suicide Squad was good, and Wonder Woman isn't out yet.

Snyder directed Justice League so I expect it to be amazing just like every other man he has ever directed.

That last Superman Batman was  :X

If you are all about the visual, I guess Snyder is your guy.  His story telling is lacking to be kind

Cyborg looks to fake, it's obvious superman is in this so not sure why they bother playing it off, and the song they picked for the trailer was dumb. They continue to do everything wrong. 
Bolded comes across as nitpicking

Snyder directed Justice League so I expect it to be amazing just like every other movie he has ever directed.

:lmao:

Batman/Superman holds up better than the Avenger movies on repeated viewings.  There's at least a semblence of secondary substance to it as opposed to the (more or less) stock Avengers movies.  Even the first Superman movie has its moments that resonate better than most of the MARVEL movies. 

Justice League looks decent, but the trailer is a bit sloppy....and using Come Together doesn't help it much. 

Batman/Superman holds up better than the Avenger movies on repeated viewings.  There's at least a semblence of secondary substance to it as opposed to the (more or less) stock Avengers movies.  Even the first Superman movie has its moments that resonate better than most of the MARVEL movies. 

Justice League looks decent, but the trailer is a bit sloppy....and using Come Together doesn't help it much. 
Know it doesn't. It was even more boring the second time. I've seen the avengers movies over a dozen times and enjoy them each time. Better action, better story, and just more fun. 

Know it doesn't. It was even more biding the second time. I've seen the avengers movies over a dozen times and enjoy them each time. Better action, better story, and just more fun. 
I'd admit they're more fun, Marvel has the right actors in the right roles and Marvel does the smaller stuff better.  Where they fail is in the idea (that both seem to be driving at) is how human society deals with the emergence of super powered people in society. Marvel is just running a stock, Golden Age of comics story.....where DC is trying to be more mature, humanistic and contemporary about it. 

I thought all of the Avengers movies were better than BvS on the first couple of viewings.......I don't really think so now.  Guardians of the Galaxy is still better than all of them though. 

It's always great to see contrary views.  Congrats for posting the most contrarian. (Sounds like a DC villain)

I couldn't even sit through it a second time.  

I didn't dislike BvS like seemingly everyone else (although its flaws were quite noticeable, they didn't bother me), but I have mixed feelings about the JLA movie because I enjoy the DC TV shows so much. :shrug:

I couldn't even sit through it a second time.  
Really? I thought the idea that DC put forth in which we get the human reaction to the emergence of heroes was a better than any theme Marvel laid out in their movies. I thought it had way more substance and relevance. 

I do think DC screwed the pooch on the Lex Luthor casting though.  If you're running a story in which humans are trying to define and defend themselves against the emergence of super heroes....you need a better actor to play one of the few human characters who is confident enough in himself to believe he's on even ground with these beings (Batman being the other in the DC Universe...and Affleck was fine playing the older Batman). 

I didn't dislike BvS like seemingly everyone else (although its flaws were quite noticeable, they didn't bother me), but I have mixed feelings about the JLA movie because I enjoy the DC TV shows so much. :shrug:
I think that's where DC ####ed up. Your shows are successful....they're done (according to others as I've never seen them) well.  How did they not tie the shows into the movies; to the point that they even use the same actors to play the same characters? Henry Cavill's not bad as Superman....but they screwed this up going all the way back to Superman Returns, Tom Welling and the Smallville television show.  If they took that tact.....they could have push back story into the television shows and hit the ground running with their movie series.  

I think that's where DC ####ed up. Your shows are successful....they're done (according to others as I've never seen them) well.  How did they not tie the shows into the movies; to the point that they even use the same actors to play the same characters? Henry Cavill's not bad as Superman....but they screwed this up going all the way back to Superman Returns, Tom Welling and the Smallville television show.  If they took that tact.....they could have push back story into the television shows and hit the ground running with their movie series.  
Good post.  I didn't watch Smallville but I look forward to binging it sometime in the next couple of years.  

The DC TV shows are well done.  Arrow has had its struggles but has now regained its footing, I'd say.  The Flash has been very consistent, and that's really what weirds me out a bit, that they couldn't cast Grant Gustin in the JLA movie.  I guess schedules would have made it quite difficult.  But your point is solid about them being able to tie the TV series into the movies.  One thing the DC TV shows also seem to get right is the undercurrent of humor utterly missing from the two new-Superman movies so far.  Also, total home run casting Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El.  She's simply fabulous.  

Good post.  I didn't watch Smallville but I look forward to binging it sometime in the next couple of years.  

The DC TV shows are well done.  Arrow has had its struggles but has now regained its footing, I'd say. The Flash has been very consistent, and that's really what weirds me out a bit, that they couldn't cast Grant Gustin in the JLA movie.  I guess schedules would have made it quite difficult.  But your point is solid about them being able to tie the TV series into the movies.  One thing the DC TV shows also seem to get right is the undercurrent of humor utterly missing from the two new-Superman movies so far.  Also, total home run casting Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El.  She's simply fabulous.  
Love the flash, probably my favorite guilty pleasure show. Supergirl is even a decently fun watch.

Legends, meh. Could be so much better. 

Really? I thought the idea that DC put forth in which we get the human reaction to the emergence of heroes was a better than any theme Marvel laid out in their movies. I thought it had way more substance and relevance. 

I do think DC screwed the pooch on the Lex Luthor casting though.  If you're running a story in which humans are trying to define and defend themselves against the emergence of super heroes....you need a better actor to play one of the few human characters who is confident enough in himself to believe he's on even ground with these beings (Batman being the other in the DC Universe...and Affleck was fine playing the older Batman). 
I'm a huge Batman fan. Not a huge Superman fan but read it briefly.  The way they destroyed the Doomsday storyline really bothered me.  Then let's add Wonder woman for no ####### reason.  Also the whole Martha thing was the cheesiest thing evah.  That about sums it up.  I actually liked Affleck as Batman but not enough to save this crapfest

Love the flash, probably my favorite guilty pleasure show. Supergirl is even a decently fun watch.

Glad you love The Flash; he's my favorite comics character so I can't get enough of seeing him done so well onscreen.  I really like Legends.  All four shows have crazy acting talent coming out of their ears but suffer a bit from lapses in writing.  If any of them ever get two or three outstanding writers, look out.  Also I am a sucker for talented, personable and attractive women in TV shows, and all four shows certainly figured that element out.  Geez.  

I'm a huge Batman fan. Not a huge Superman fan but read it briefly.  The way they destroyed the Doomsday storyline really bothered me.  Then let's add Wonder woman for no ####### reason.  Also the whole Martha thing was the cheesiest thing evah.  That about sums it up.  I actually liked Affleck as Batman but not enough to save this crapfest
Doomsday and Wonder Woman overcrowded it...but I kind of think Doomsday as a character is extremely overrated and not even really worthy of an individual movie.  

"Martha" probably looked better on paper (both in a comic and on the script) than it did on the big screen.  

Is Legends supposed to be The Legion of Superheroes?  

If not, those in charge of the DC MediaVerse should strive to make The Legion of Superheroes their Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Well, you have your opinion about the Superman movies and SS, and I have mine. Agree to disagree.

As for what I didn't like about the Superman movies - he's like a moody teen in them, always looking for a chance to give up. Superman is supposed to be a beacon of hope and optimism against the darkness, and instead he kinda bummed me out.

In the original you have Jor-El there to sort of set up Kal to be the savior of the Earth while Jonathan Kent is telling him to look out for himself above anyone else. A lesson he ignores when he dies to save the family dog rather than staying safe and letting the dog die. It's supposed to be by the teachings of his human parents that Clark becomes Superman, not in spite of them. And when the other Kryptonians show up, they almost immediately get all the powers Clark had to achieve over years of accumulating Earth's solar radiation, just so they would be a menace in the movie.

In the second movie the conflict between Batman and Superman seemed to be forced as a gimmick to pull in fans and then discarded quickly to get to some other conflict in a very bad way. If you're going to have your heroes fight, give them a good reason. They looked like they were going to battle over ideological reasons, but then the movie decided to have it be that Superman was blackmailed into it instead. And the only reason Batman didn't kill him was because he said the name "Martha", which was really lame.

Everything about the Doomsday part of the story was horribly done. I read the original Death of Superman story in the comics. You could make a good whole movie like that. Instead Doomsday felt tacked on as a throwaway character to achieve a plot point.

I'd admit they're more fun, Marvel has the right actors in the right roles and Marvel does the smaller stuff better.  Where they fail is in the idea (that both seem to be driving at) is how human society deals with the emergence of super powered people in society. Marvel is just running a stock, Golden Age of comics story.....where DC is trying to be more mature, humanistic and contemporary about it. 

I thought all of the Avengers movies were better than BvS on the first couple of viewings.......I don't really think so now.  Guardians of the Galaxy is still better than all of them though. 
One of the worst things about BvS was the contrived method they went about drumming up anti-Superman sentiment.  The Congressional hearing thing was completely at odds with the events they showed us. There was no reason to think witnesses would think Super was involved in it or blame him.  They showed us  villagers watching the culprits ride off before Supe even arrived in too-dramatic-to-miss fashion.

It wasn't a strength of the movie, it was an eye-rollingly bad moment.

Is Legends supposed to be The Legion of Superheroes?  

If not, those in charge of the DC MediaVerse should strive to make The Legion of Superheroes their Guardians of the Galaxy. 
No, totally different.  Legends is basically an original concept for the DCTVU.  

In one episode of Supergirl last season, they showed a Legion flight ring in the Fortress of Solitude.  They also made Mon-El a cast regular (and Kara's BF) this season, albeit with no LSH connection.  However, they clearly seem to be heading towards the LSH in some form, and that could be ridiculously good.  

I think they've said the big bad will be Steppenwolf.
All on Darkseid's puppet strings. Just like Thanos in the MCU. I really hope they can do this right since I prefer DC by a country mile. Darkseid>>>>>>Thanos IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread