What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sweet Sleepers for 2017 (1 Viewer)

Guys I think will outperform their draft positions rather easily

Yuri Gurriel

Michael Brantley

Miguel Sano

James Paxton

Michael Pineda

Nick Castellanos

Denard Span

Guys I think will outperform their draft positions rather easily

James Paxton
You sure about this one at this point? Dude has been rocketing up draft boards all spring... to the point at which he needs to pitch like a SP2 (for a complete season) to be worth it.

MICHAEL WACHA

(I can say this one without worry because I own him in all 23432 leagues I'm in, I think)

Last edited by a moderator:
His current ADP is 162
Current meaning in drafts today? Or compiled from drafts that have taken place since January? He went 137 in a 12-teamer I was in last night.

At any rate, that's the top-third to top-half of most drafts. Still core building time for most, IMO.  :shrug:

What are the numbers you're seeing from him that outperform that ADP easily? I like him, for the record, but he's 28 and has never logged more than 20 starts in a MLB season. He'll need to step his game up significantly, innings wise, to even reach fair value at 162.

League is 12 teams, 28 rounds. Great stuff here guys much appreciated 
250 and later?

Max Kepler

Blake Snell

Joe Panik 

Tom Murphy 

Koda Glover

Michael Wacha

Denard Span

David Peralta

Domingo Santana

Daniel Norris

Carter Capps

Shin Soo Choo

Mitch Haniger 

Cesar Hernandez 

Brandon Finnegan

Jarrett Parker

Andrew Toles

Wilmer Flores

Steve Pearce 

Nick Franklin 

JaCoby Jones

MICHAEL WACHA

(I can say this one without worry because I own him in all 23432 leagues I'm in, I think)
I am probably going to reach for him in my last draft. Very surprised I don't have him anywhere yet. 

Drafting with the same nerds in two leagues, half of which don't even know who James Paxton is, doesn't count. ;)  
do you have any names other than the ham n egger from your favorite team or are you just here to poke holes in other dudes' sleepers?

do you have any names other than the ham n egger from your favorite team or are you just here to poke holes in other dudes' sleepers?
I've named one sleeper and questioned whether James Paxton was a sleeper at all.

Are you just here to spam on the behalf of Byung-Ho "AAAA" Park?

Since Peyton asked so politely...

I agree with Moustakas being a good one. Daniel Norris is another I like. I think Sonny Gray's price is right to speculate in Round 22+ since he may be back in mid-April. Depending on how deep the league goes, Danny Valencia could end up being a neat guy at 1B/3B/OF. If it's really deep, I think Clay Buchholz could be an interesting end-gamer in the NL.

I've named one sleeper and questioned whether James Paxton was a sleeper at all.

Are you just here to spam on the behind of Byung-Ho "AAAA" Park?
no need to get all butthurt, just curious if you have any other guys on your radar.

Jose Peraza
I know Dr. D doesn't think this is a real thing, but this is another guy who is rocketing up draft boards. It started after the Phillips trade and the hype machine hasn't stopped since. In 111 NFBC drafts since March 1, his ADP is all the way up to 89.4. ETA: Range is 50 to 122 on those picks, for reference.

how can I look at date ranges for NFBC ADP RnR?
On their ADP page, there's an option to sort by "All Drafts" or "Since March 1st"  ... that's the only way I've found to break up the time frame at all.

I know Dr. D doesn't think this is a real thing, but this is another guy who is rocketing up draft boards. It started after the Phillips trade and the hype machine hasn't stopped since. In 111 NFBC drafts since March 1, his ADP is all the way up to 89.4. ETA: Range is 50 to 122 on those picks, for reference.
2B is pretty deep this year

250 and later?

Max Kepler

Blake Snell

Joe Panik 

Tom Murphy 

Koda Glover

Michael Wacha

Denard Span

David Peralta

Domingo Santana

Daniel Norris

Carter Capps

Shin Soo Choo

Mitch Haniger 

Cesar Hernandez 

Brandon Finnegan

Jarrett Parker

Andrew Toles

Wilmer Flores

Steve Pearce 

Nick Franklin 

JaCoby Jones
the living legend!

How many innings is he pitching?
That's the No. 1 hurdle to surpassing value of his ADP. He's being drafted alongside guys who have been there and done that from an innings perspective.

I'm not questioning the skillset, I'm questioning the mindset that he's a bargain at current ADP. There's some IP uptick anticipation built into his price, and to say he exceeds that price is basically calling for significantly more than we've seen to date.

I want to believe. And I want to own him. Just can't find profit in his price.

if you've drafted with me, some sleepers I like are:

ian kennedy

alex cobb

jose reyes

trevor plouffe

maybe jed lowrie

kevin pillar

melky cabrera

jharel cotton

What's the story w/ Cotton? He's been really wild and I'd assume he's getting sent down once Gray comes back

My undervalued players - OBP leegs

C - Zunino

1B - Greg Bird, Josh Bell, Thames

2B - Solarte, Cesar Hernandez

3B - Lamb, Healy, Gurriel

SS - Aledmys Diaz, Peraza

OF - Hererra, Perderson, D Peralta, D Santana

SP - Hamels, Gausman, Paxton, Smyly, Eikhoff, Gsellman, EdRod, Norris, Folty

RP - Colome, Holland, Gomez

Users who are viewing this thread