What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Byung-Ho Park - Major League stats only (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
Byung Ho Park hit 142 HRs in his last three years in the KBO and more homers for the Twins than Joe Mauer in half as many PAs.  It was still a lost season for Park, he was sent down and underwent wrist surgery after a poor month at AAA. 

The Twins DFAed him earlier his year but found no takers.  He's had a strong spring and Kennys Vargas hasn't.   Park will go north with the club and should bat in the heart of the order every day.  I know it's for the Twins but their offense is decent.

He could put up Mike Napoli numbers as a last rounder. 

ETA:  or not :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to start this when he's named the starting DH.  Now I know how GPJ feels.

Last edited by a moderator:
.224/47/18/51/1 ... withholding at-bat total until I can hook Peyton on one of those 30 HR bets.

Peyton Marino said:
after careful thought and consideration:

.240/.320/.470

27 HRs 55 Rs 70 RBI 3 SB
55 runs scored on 27 homers isn't a vote of confidence in the Twins' decent offense

the who now?
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Their 2016 OPS+ was 99.  They scored nine runs under the AL average in a pitcher's park. 

I expect Dozier to come down to earth but full seasons from Sano, Buxton and Kepler should replace that production.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Their 2016 OPS+ was 99.  They scored nine runs under the AL average in a pitcher's park. 

I expect Dozier to come down to earth but full seasons from Sano, Buxton and Kepler should replace that production.
you make a case, but even so, where do we see him hitting in the order?  is there that much competence behind the 4/5/6 spot?  i could see increasing his rbi total a tad, but i'm not sure he scores that many more runs.  THAT SAID, it looks like he was a +baserunner last season over a limited sample, so maybe he makes things happen.  the big fella can run.

Users who are viewing this thread