What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Political General. Random political news. (1 Viewer)

*dodges tumbleweed*

I'm torn - i hate gamers and people who say "crisps". Has she said anything about James Brown?
What you hatin for wp?  Can't a person have their own thread and see their name on the front page here and there.  Throw me a bone here u big galoot.

Emma is clearly out of touch.  Eating crisps is better than playing video games?  What does she mean by that?  

What you hatin for wp?  Can't a person have their own thread and see their name on the front page here and there.  Throw me a bone here u big galoot.

Emma is clearly out of touch.  Eating crisps is better than playing video games?  What does she mean by that?  
No, i like this. I'm waaaay supportin it. You got any other repeat customers?! My comments concern the ballscratchin teamhaters who have nothing to say unless it involves rootin against facts in support of whatever side of the pooprugby scrum this country has become which makes them feel least powerless and pathetic. Where do you see hatin in that?!?!

thats damned straight i mean she is british and everything but i would take her hell yeah take that to the bank brohans 

No, i like this. I'm waaaay supportin it. You got any other repeat customers?! My comments concern the ballscratchin teamhaters who have nothing to say unless it involves rootin against facts in support of whatever side of the pooprugby scrum this country has become which makes them feel least powerless and pathetic. Where do you see hatin in that?!?!
I see hatin in the tumbleweed comments bub.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  I will spam this thread with wonderful posts so you don't have to worry about that

No I agree 10 thousand percent.  I figure maybe this can hopefully be a nice break from the party lines that have been forged elsewhere 

Civil asset forfeiture is a national problem, and a big one. In 2014, for the first time in recorded history, police in the United States seized more money and property through civil asset forfeiture than all burglars and thieves combined. Making matters worse, civil asset forfeiture has been known to disproportionately impact African Americans and Latinos, creating significant barriers to opportunity in their communities. According to a study in Oklahoma, nearly two thirds of seizures come from racial minorities, representing a significant disparity.

http://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/government-run-amok/maine-is-poised-to-make-it-a-lot-harder-for-police-to-steal-your-stuff/

Obligatory :tumbleweed:  

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/23/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-probe-senate-judiciary-239905

Grassley, Feinstein want answers from Loretta Lynch

By AUSTIN WRIGHT 

06/23/2017 01:30 PM EDT

Updated 06/23/2017 04:46 PM EDT

The leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee have officially launched their investigation into former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, trying to get to the bottom of whether she assured the Hillary Clinton campaign that the FBI probe into Clinton’s emails wouldn’t go too far.

The Judiciary panel announced Friday it had sent letters to Lynch and other officials — the opening bid in what Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said last week would be separate investigations into the firing of former FBI Director James Comey and whether the Obama administration attempted to influence FBI investigations.

Put this in the circle jerk that is the Trump threads and see what happens. 

She had a ####### private server as Secretary of State. That's unconscionable.  

You seem to be suggesting that Lynch halted the FBI investigation.  And I can't tell if you're confused about how it worked, or just don't care that what you're saying doesn't make sense.
I seem to be suggesting that she just got called by a bipartisan Congressional committee to testify about why this wasn't examined. 

That's what I'm saying. What are you saying?  

Nice bump. Of course Lynch wasn't going to look too far into the emails. It was a felony, and she was a Democrat operative. 

Nufced.  
It's like the automatic credibility people give to the DOJ/FBI/CIA to be unbiased in their work.  Does anyone actually believe these people get hired for being good at their jobs?  If you look at the people running the Depts. it's usually a murderer's row of lackeys and political henchmen.  

Then let's hear the testimony. My feeling (feeling) is that she buried it. We don't always deal with facts on this board, as the Trump threads should indicate. 
Buried it how?  Told Comey what to say in his report?  The investigation was completed.

It's like the automatic credibility people give to the DOJ/FBI/CIA to be unbiased in their work.  Does anyone actually believe these people get hired for being good at their jobs?  If you look at the people running the Depts. it's usually a murderer's row of lackeys and political henchmen.  
It's sort of like hearing George Stephanopolous as head of your news organization.  

LOOK!!! SQUIRREL!!!
Yeah, like anybody takes you seriously.  

It's almost worse than you describe it.  They're appointees, plain and simple. We can only hope they check and balance each other, unlike the IRS.  

We need to talk sometime about political reliability and the big "S" State. You and I would agree a lot.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally fine with an investigation.  Clinton never should have gotten on that plane, and if the shoe were on the other foot I'd hope Congress would do its job.  But the FBI investigation (which she could have shut down) had been running for a year at that point and there's been no suggestion that Comey was fettered in any way (at least not from him or those around him).

Oh, well then we agree.  Yes, she was called to testify.
This is pretty fascinating.  I don't know much about the Russian intelligence the FBI claims to have seen but if it's true it seems like a rather large deal.  

Lynch's track record with regard to honest prosecution looks suspect to me.  Comey serving on HSBC's board of directors is also a bit weird.  I don't think it's too suggestive to say Lynch/Comey presented a conflict of interest and shouldn't have been relied upon to operate independently of each other. 

given the thread title change, my earlier post(s) are a bit off topic here  :shrug:

anyways, gf is pursuing her political aspirations, and is soooo much hotter than Lynch (and Sophie Turner, for that matter). 

hope that shrew gets what's coming to her. 

carry on, lads ??

given the thread title change, my earlier post(s) are a bit off topic here  :shrug:

anyways, gf is pursuing her political aspirations, and is soooo much hotter than Lynch (and Sophie Turner, for that matter). 

hope that shrew gets what's coming to her. 

carry on, lads ??
:useless:

Hey bonehead - you know the rules.  You want a perma-ban?  

Frankly, I'm surprised someone that's been around as long as you have would make this rookie mistake.  Shameful.

You think you didn't get reported for not posting pics?  Think again.   Who do you think their going to give a time-out too? ;)
:sadbanana:

truth is, my gf was a bit of a 'goer' back in her halcyon days .... odds are someone here either got some (at least a handy), or knows someone who did - and, quite frankly, i'm not up for unearthing such tawdry tidbits. 

that, and the only pix i keep of her are nudes - to the degree that HUSTLER would call my stash 'NSFW', let alone this jernt. 

thank you for your continued support and understanding through this difficult time.  as hard as this was to own up to, it was also extremely cathartic.  that's from the chest, yo ✌

Ren Ho3k said:
Obligatory :tumbleweed:  

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/23/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-probe-senate-judiciary-239905

Grassley, Feinstein want answers from Loretta Lynch

By AUSTIN WRIGHT 

06/23/2017 01:30 PM EDT

Updated 06/23/2017 04:46 PM EDT

The leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee have officially launched their investigation into former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, trying to get to the bottom of whether she assured the Hillary Clinton campaign that the FBI probe into Clinton’s emails wouldn’t go too far.

The Judiciary panel announced Friday it had sent letters to Lynch and other officials — the opening bid in what Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said last week would be separate investigations into the firing of former FBI Director James Comey and whether the Obama administration attempted to influence FBI investigations.

The existence of the Russian intelligence memo was first disclosed in April by The New York Times, which said it played a role in Comey’s decision last year to bypass the normal chain of command and make a public announcement that the FBI was not recommending criminal charges against Clinton.

During Russia’s hacking campaign against the United States, intelligence agencies could peer, at times, into Russian networks and see what had been taken.
- This sounds an awful lot like "PROOF" to me.

Early last year, F.B.I. agents received a batch of hacked documents, and one caught their attention.

The document, which has been described as both a memo and an email, was written by a Democratic operative who expressed confidence that Ms. Lynch would keep the Clinton investigation from going too far, according to several former officials familiar with the document.

Read one way, it was standard Washington political chatter. Read another way, it suggested that a political operative might have insight into Ms. Lynch’s thinking.
- It's important to note this is not a direct communication between Hillary's team and Lynch.

New details about the intelligence memo came to light in a Washington Post story last month that said U.S. intelligence officials believe it might be unreliable or even a fake.
- Will be glad to discuss when possible. However I think one step you will have to make if you accept this memo is that the Russians were the one who hacked the DNC in the first place.

Chris Hedges went to the Daytime Emmys for his RT program.  

Soap operas, however tawdry and idiotic, were once confined to a limited cultural space. They did not claim to be anything but what they were—mass entertainment. Entertainment and celebrity worship, however, have taken over politics, culture and journalism. The lives of the famous and the infamous feed 24-hour news cycles. The news programs are our new soap operas. Who needs daytime soaps when we have Donald Trump and Sean Spicer? The five-day-a-week soap opera melodramas are quaint anachronisms.

There were once gradations of culture. There were once broadcast news programs that took journalism seriously. There were once talk shows that focused on books, political philosophy, economic theory, art and ideas. There was once a literate public. This is gone now, replaced by a vast burlesque. “Entertainment Tonight”—whose host, Mary Hart, was given a lifetime achievement award at the Pasadena ceremony—has taken over the news and information business. Almost all the shows on television today, from “Dr. Oz” to “General Hospital,” are about presenting a performance. Emotions replace opinions. Complex thought is banished. All solutions are simple. We are never challenged. It is comforting, amusing and reassuring. But it is cultural death. Societies that kill their cultures kill themselves.
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/going_to_the_daytime_emmys_20170507

Gaza: Looming humanitarian catastrophe highlights need to lift Israel’s 10-year illegal blockade

The Israeli authorities’ latest decision to slash the electricity supply to the Gaza Strip could have catastrophic humanitarian consequences for residents who have already endured a decade of suffering under Israel’s brutal blockade, Amnesty International has warned.

The latest round of power cuts announced by Israel on 11 June restricting the electricity supply to between two and three hours a day, will have a disastrous impact on Gaza’s battered infrastructure and cause a public health disaster. The move will also endanger thousands of lives including those of hospital patients with chronic conditions or in intensive care, including babies on life support.

In each of these wars, Israel targeted civilian infrastructure, including electricity, water, sewage and sanitation plants as well as destroying tens of thousands of civilian properties, including homes, shops and factories. Israel has subsequently refused to allow into Gaza much of the construction materials needed to rebuild the civilian infrastructure.

“The wanton destruction of Gaza’s residential homes and infrastructure coupled with the economic deprivation means that daily existence for many Palestinians there is a living nightmare with no end in sight,” said Magdalena Mughrabi.

“There can be no justification for denying humanitarian supplies, adequate water and electricity to an entire population for 10 years. Israel must lift this blockade immediately.” 
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/06/gaza-looming-humanitarian-catastrophe-highlights-need-to-lift-israels-10-year-illegal-blockade/

Chris Hedges went to the Daytime Emmys for his RT program.  

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/going_to_the_daytime_emmys_20170507
I'm not sure the state of weekday daytime television is indicative of the decay of culture. Fifty years ago, the thought of weekday daytime television would have been anathema for those that were other than housewives.  

Hedges, as always, is overblown and bloviating, drawing generalities from anecdotal evidence that would likely not hold under greater scrutiny.  

https://twitter.com/isaiah_kb/status/111744186041758925

i was so stunned when i read this cuz it made ZERO noise last month when it came out, so here’s a thread about the soldier @DanCrenshawTX is using his power as a congressman to defend. eddie gallagher is charged with war crimes by the navy.

so the primary charge is that an unarmed, bound prisoner of war, an ISIS fighter, was sent to the SEAL platoon for treatment. gallagher cut his throat open with his hunting knife, and then threatened to kill the other soldiers who saw him do it if they talked.

then he posed with the disemboweled corpse of the prisoner. he also shot and killed a 70-80 year old man, unarmed, a teenage girl, also unarmed, and shot at, but missed, a third 12 year old girl. also unarmed. all the witnesses to these events are other navy SEALs.
Wonder if Pete Davidson regrets giving this guy massive exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread