What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MSNBC Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Maddow has been talking about Pence lack of credibility re Flynn for about six months:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/maddow-pence-story-on-flynn-impossible-to-believe-895464515859

Maddow: Pence story on Flynn impossible to believe

Rachel Maddow reviews the dubious explanations the Trump administration has offered for its behavior toward disgraced National Security Adviser Mike Flynn and points out the glaring problems in V.P. Pence's story about what he knew about Flynn's lobbying. ... more Duration: 23:08

Maddow has been talking about Pence lack of credibility re Flynn for about six months:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/maddow-pence-story-on-flynn-impossible-to-believe-895464515859

Maddow: Pence story on Flynn impossible to believe

Rachel Maddow reviews the dubious explanations the Trump administration has offered for its behavior toward disgraced National Security Adviser Mike Flynn and points out the glaring problems in V.P. Pence's story about what he knew about Flynn's lobbying. ... more Duration: 23:08
:lol: Exactly. And wildass speculation driven by her hatred of all things GOP is exactly why she is undeniably a hack.  You do understand what a hack is?  

Exactly. And wildass speculation driven by her hatred of all things GOP is exactly why she is undeniably a hack.  You do understand what a hack is?  
Here is the definition, none of it applicable to Maddow. Her research is meticulous and never low quality or rushed. Also, her views have been consistent since her Air America days with no suggesting that she is a "mercenary" or a "pen for hire" (you could make that argument with Ed Schultz, but not Maddow).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_writer

A hack writer is a pejorative term for a writer who is paid to write low-quality, rushed articles or books "to order", often with a short deadline. ... In journalism, a hack writer is deemed to operate as a "mercenary" or "pen for hire", expressing their client's political opinions in pamphlets or newspaper articles.

jon_mx said:
:lol: Exactly. And wildass speculation driven by her hatred of all things GOP is exactly why she is undeniably a hack.  You do understand what a hack is?  
Yes we do.

He goes by jon_mx. 

What we still question is how you don't know this

ETA: mind if you show us some of your broadcast airchecks? 

Last edited by a moderator:
squistion said:
"Earth to jon_mx...Earth to jon_mx...Come in jon_mx..."
Maddow had just won two Emmy's for her broadcasts. I know jon_mx hates journalism because it works against his own narratives, but his own narratives don't win Emmy's. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/msnbc-s-joy-reid-apologizes-insensitive-lgbt-blog-posts-n826091

MSNBC's Joy Reid apologizes for 'insensitive' LGBT blog posts

MSNBC host Joy Reid issued an apology on Sunday for a series of blog posts nearly a decade ago, mostly critical of former Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida, that have been criticized as homophobic and “anti-gay.”

“This note is my apology to all who are disappointed by the content of blogs I wrote a decade ago, for which my choice of words and tone have legitimately been criticized,” Reid said in a statement shared with NBC News, which, like MSNBC, is owned by NBCUniversal.

The blog posts were unearthed on Thursday by Twitter user @Jamie_Maz.

"From 2007 to 2009 @joyannreid authored a dozen homophobic posts not only attempting to out Charlie Crist as gay, she attacked & mocked him for being so," @Jamie_Maz wrote in the first of a series of tweets about Reid.

The Twitter user noted Reid repeatedly referred to Crist as "Miss Charlie" in her posts and speculated that his 2008 marriage to a woman was a fraud and part of a “veep marketing strategy.”

During the time she wrote those blog posts, Reid was a morning talk radio host and blogger covering Florida politics.

"Among the frequent subjects of my posts was then-governor Charlie Crist, at the time a conservative Republican, whose positions on issues like gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples in Florida shared headlines with widely rumored reports that he was hiding his sexual orientation," Reid wrote in her apology.

"At no time have I intentionally sought to demean or harm the LGBT community, which includes people whom I deeply love. My goal, in my ham-handed way, was to call out potential hypocrisy," Reid added.

Crist, who served as Florida’s governor from 2007 to 2011, supported a state constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage in 2008. He later apologized for supporting the amendment, telling Watermark Online, an online LGBT publication based in Orlando, "I’m sorry I did that. It was a mistake. I was wrong. Please forgive me."

Now, it is Reid who is seeking forgiveness for, as she put it, “insensitive, tone deaf and dumb” comments.

"In addition to friends and coworkers and viewers, I deeply apologize to Congressman Crist, who was the target of my thoughtlessness. My critique of anti-LGBT positions he once held but has since abandoned was legitimate in my view. My means of critiquing were not," she wrote.

"Re-reading those old blog posts, I am disappointed in myself. I apologize to those who also are disappointed in me. Life can be humbling. It often is. But I hope that you know where my heart is, and that I will always strive to use my words for good. I know better and I will do better," Reid wrote.

Here jon, this is what you do. Instead of calling Maddow a hack here, do that here to put $$ on the table: 

https://twitter.com/maddow?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Use your screen name here and then post the responses from you tweet calling her a hack. 

Why do I ask this. Not because I am a Maddow fan. I hardly watched her if at all during the Obama years. 

The reason why I ask is to see how this would shake out. 

DO IT OR GO HOME. 

Yes we do.

He goes by jon_mx. 

What we still question is how you don't know this

ETA: mind if you show us some of your broadcast airchecks? 
She spends over half of her time on the Russian investigation.  She spends the rest if her time on other Trump or GOP scandals.  She is a one sided hate-filled commentator who jumps into a story assuming the GOP is guilty.  She is already convinced that Pence will be implicated in the Russian scandal despite any proof.  She is a hack.  Bye.  This is so clearly true it is too stupid to keep debating with other hacks. Bye. 

She spends over half of her time on the Russian investigation.  She spends the rest if her time on other Trump or GOP scandals.  She is a one sided hate-filled commentator who jumps into a story assuming the GOP is guilty.  She is already convinced that Pence will be implicated in the Russian scandal despite any proof.  She is a hack.  Bye.  This is so clearly true it is too stupid to keep debating with other hacks. Bye. 
jon_mx just punked out

Last edited by a moderator:
You ignore my point and inserted points in which were not there or even legitimate criticism of the post.  That is deflecting.  I made no assumptions or made no point about where you are coming from.  Again just a factual observation in which you try to deflect from by trying to make it personal.  Pretty sucky actually. 
See ya!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/msnbc-s-joy-reid-apologizes-insensitive-lgbt-blog-posts-n826091

MSNBC's Joy Reid apologizes for 'insensitive' LGBT blog posts

MSNBC host Joy Reid issued an apology on Sunday for a series of blog posts nearly a decade ago, mostly critical of former Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida, that have been criticized as homophobic and “anti-gay.”

“This note is my apology to all who are disappointed by the content of blogs I wrote a decade ago, for which my choice of words and tone have legitimately been criticized,” Reid said in a statement shared with NBC News, which, like MSNBC, is owned by NBCUniversal.
Charlie Crist‏ @CharlieCrist 13h13 hours ago

Replying to @JoyAnnReid @NBCOUT

Long forgotten, but thank you, Joy. I appreciate you.

https://www.thewrap.com/msnbc-will-not-renew-contract-with-contributor-after-roman-polanski-rape-joke/

MSNBC to Cut Ties With Sam Seder After Roman Polanski Rape Joke (Exclusive)

MSNBC has decided not to renew its contract with contributor Sam Seder after an old tweet emerged in which Seder joked about Roman Polanski raping his daughter, TheWrap has learned.

Seder’s contract ends in February and he has no scheduled appearances between now and then, a spokesperson for MSNBC told TheWrap.

“Don’t care re Polanski, but I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/a great sense of mise en scene,” wrote Seder in the now deleted tweet from 2009.

A person familiar with the situation said the decision to sever ties with Seder was directly related to the Polanski matter.

“Internally there was disgust over the tweet,” said the individual.

The tweet was first brought to wide attention last month by the pro-Trump journalist and activist Mike Cernovich.

Multiple efforts to reach Seder were unsuccessful, but in a segment of his podcast, “The Majority Report with Sam Seder,” last week, he addressed the matter and accused Cernovich of a smear campaign to take him off the air.

“This smear involves the willful misinterpretation of a tweet that I posted in 2009,” said Seder, who said Cernovich and his allies were deliberately misrepresenting him to silence his criticism of Roy Moore and President Trump. “I will never be ashamed of criticizing those who would excuse the predation of women or girls. And I certainly won’t be quiet about Roy Moore or a conservative movement that which would defend his actions so they could get his vote in the Senate.”

Seder said the tweet was satirical and was intended to show his disgust with liberals at the time who were attempting to apologize for Polanksi’s past behavior.

https://www.thewrap.com/msnbc-will-not-renew-contract-with-contributor-after-roman-polanski-rape-joke/

[...]

Multiple efforts to reach Seder were unsuccessful, but in a segment of his podcast, “The Majority Report with Sam Seder,” last week, he addressed the matter and accused Cernovich of a smear campaign to take him off the air.

“This smear involves the willful misinterpretation of a tweet that I posted in 2009,” said Seder, who said Cernovich and his allies were deliberately misrepresenting him to silence his criticism of Roy Moore and President Trump. “I will never be ashamed of criticizing those who would excuse the predation of women or girls. And I certainly won’t be quiet about Roy Moore or a conservative movement that which would defend his actions so they could get his vote in the Senate.”

Seder said the tweet was satirical and was intended to show his disgust with liberals at the time who were attempting to apologize for Polanksi’s past behavior.
Matthew Gertz‏ @MattGertz 1h1 hour ago

Important context for the Seder tweet - he tweeted it 9/29/09, at a time when progressives were criticizing WaPo columnists and others for defending Polanski. @mmfa piece from the day before the tweet:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2009/09/28/two-wapo-columnists-agree-go-easy-on-rapist/155106

The seeds were planted by lying, treasonous Party and Power before nation individuals... led by Trump and Pence.

That said, Pelosi makes me puke in my mouth. Hell, Id take Hillary over Pelosi.
What's wrong with Pelosi?  Specifically.

Of course she spends lots of her time on the Russia investigation - it's perhaps the biggest political scandal in our nation's history.  

This is like blaming ESPN for covering Tiger Woods when he's winning all the tournaments.

I don't have it in me gb. Too Liberal, and an embodiment of the old guard and establishment.

I'm not a true Dem, if so maybe Id think differently.
:thumbup:   No worries.  That's usually the response I get from folks who are critical of Pelosi.  They don't like her, but they don't really know why.

And that's the genius of right wing media.  The constant preaching of a narrative wears all of us down.  Hell, it even worked on me to an extent w/r/t HRC until a co-worker called me on it in 2015, and I realized my dislike wasn't rooted in fact, but in insinuations about things that weren't true.  

MSNBC has decided not to renew its contract with contributor Sam Seder after an old tweet emerged in which Seder joked about Roman Polanski raping his daughter, TheWrap has learned.

Seder’s contract ends in February and he has no scheduled appearances between now and then, a spokesperson for MSNBC told TheWrap.

“Don’t care re Polanski, but I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/a great sense of mise en scene,” wrote Seder in the now deleted tweet from 2009.

A person familiar with the situation said the decision to sever ties with Seder was directly related to the Polanski matter.

“Internally there was disgust over the tweet,” said the individual.

The tweet was first brought to wide attention last month by the pro-Trump journalist and activist Mike Cernovich.

Seems a bit inconsistent to cut ties with him but not Joy Reid 

Of course she spends lots of her time on the Russia investigation - it's perhaps the biggest political scandal in our nation's history.  

This is like blaming ESPN for covering Tiger Woods when he's winning all the tournaments.
It doesn't matter what the biggest story of the day is, her story is always a story with how bad Republicans are. That is what makes her a hack just like Hannity. 

:thumbup:   No worries.  That's usually the response I get from folks who are critical of Pelosi.  They don't like her, but they don't really know why.

And that's the genius of right wing media.  The constant preaching of a narrative wears all of us down.  Hell, it even worked on me to an extent w/r/t HRC until a co-worker called me on it in 2015, and I realized my dislike wasn't rooted in fact, but in insinuations about things that weren't true.  
:shrug:

I've lived through decades of her policies and leadership, if you feel better assuming Im some victim of what is more Liberal media exposure (MSNBC, NPR), than right (CNN was baseline, and Id have to purposefully check out the loony right wing outlets to be aware's sake), go ahead.

And, I was specific about her clear association with the old guard, and the establishment. Don't suggest that in light of the last two plus election cycles that is not most specific as to a reason.

I can't imagine how a joke about raping children could possibly backfire.  Where are people's sense of humor?  

I can't imagine how a joke about raping children could possibly backfire.  Where are people's sense of humor?  
Rick G. Rosner‏ @dumbassgenius 6h6 hours ago

Replying to @scott_tobias @MSNBC @SamSeder

Lesson: Never be obviously sarcastic eight years ago.

A joke about rape trivializes rape.  He's literally (satirically) criticizing people for trivializing rape.  That seems like a pretty big difference to me.  
The problem is there is nothing funny about the joke, so trying to explain the context of his point is futile.  The subject matter included children getting raped.  

I think it's pretty funny.
I think his post works as sarcasm but not as a joke.  I think all kinds of dark/disturbing stuff (including rape) can be funny but I don't think I can ever start a joke with "if my daughter ever gets raped".  But I don't think he should lose his job over it because given the context he obviously was attempting a joke/satire/sarcasm.  Just my 2 cents.

Chris Jansing is sixty years old (sixty-one next month). I am usually pretty good at guessing ages, but I would have put money on her being in her mid-forties. 

A clarification by NBC, which might explain why we haven't heard much more about this story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/msnbc-s-chris-matthews-was-reprimanded-over-comments-about-woman-n830471

"In 1999 this matter was thoroughly reviewed and dealt with. At that time Matthews received a formal reprimand," the MSNBC spokesperson said in an email Saturday.

The spokesperson said the woman complained to CNBC executives that Matthews made inappropriate jokes and comments about her in front of others, that the matter was reviewed and it was determined that the comments were inappropriate and made in poor taste but were never meant as propositions. The show was on CNBC before it was on MSNBC.

The Daily Caller reported that the payment was in the amount of $40,000. The MSNBC spokesperson said in the email to NBC News that the employee received separation-related compensation but wouldn’t elaborate, citing confidentiality. The Caller reported that a spokesperson for the network said the payment was significantly less than $40,000.

Matthews did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment early Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread