What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A gift to my friends in the Baseball Forum (1 Viewer)

E-Z Glider

Footballguy
Kris Bryant OVER 33.5 HRs   :moneybag:

• 26 dongs in 2015, 39 in 2016, entering the prime of his career in 2017
  • 19.5 degree average launch angle (highest in MLB)
  • ISO of .262 (4th highest in NL)
  • Improved contact rate from 63.3% in 2015 to 73.3% 2016
It's the perfect storm. Tons of power, lots of contact, extreme launch angle. Injury is pretty much the only way this ticket doesn't cash.  :moneybag:

Rich Hill under 3.25 ERA. 

Everyone thinks Rich Hill is going to break. Maybe he will. Maybe you can't throw a full season of 50% curves. 

If we're betting on a rate statistic though, Bet on Hill.  tldr: He isn't going to get hit. 

Nerdier version. Among guys who pitched 100 innings last year, only Kershaw had a lower ERA. That isn't always predictive but this is...Noah Syndergaard and Max Scherzer had a better K/9 and better bb/9 than Hill.  Scherzer had a 1.22 HR/9 compared to 0.33 for Hill.  Hill's curveball was the 2nd most valuable in baseball last year on fangraphs and if you look at pitch fx data, the movement suggests it's not going to change.  He paired it with a fastball way better than Corey Klubers (the 1 guy who's curve beat him). So what you have is a guy who put up top 5 underlying metrics last year pitching in Dodger stadium.

In the last 10 years the Dodgers have had at least 16 full time SPs finish under 3.25. Kershaw helps yes, but Derek Lowe has done it there.  So have billingsly, Ryu, Kuroda, and Randy Wolfe to name a few.

If you don't want to bet on Hill in fantasy, I get it.  He might throw 170 innings or 17.  I can tell one thing you should not bet on is a high ERA for Rich Hill.

Rich Hill under 3.25 ERA. 

Everyone thinks Rich Hill is going to break. Maybe he will. Maybe you can't throw a full season of 50% curves. 

If we're betting on a rate statistic though, Bet on Hill.  tldr: He isn't going to get hit. 

Nerdier version. Among guys who pitched 100 innings last year, only Kershaw had a lower ERA. That isn't always predictive but this is...Noah Syndergaard and Max Scherzer had a better K/9 and better bb/9 than Hill.  Scherzer had a 1.22 HR/9 compared to 0.33 for Hill.  Hill's curveball was the 2nd most valuable in baseball last year on fangraphs and if you look at pitch fx data, the movement suggests it's not going to change.  He paired it with a fastball way better than Corey Klubers (the 1 guy who's curve beat him). So what you have is a guy who put up top 5 underlying metrics last year pitching in Dodger stadium.

In the last 10 years the Dodgers have had at least 16 full time SPs finish under 3.25. Kershaw helps yes, but Derek Lowe has done it there.  So have billingsly, Ryu, Kuroda, and Randy Wolfe to name a few.

If you don't want to bet on Hill in fantasy, I get it.  He might throw 170 innings or 17.  I can tell one thing you should not bet on is a high ERA for Rich Hill.
yea Hill is a god 

"Milton's Rich Hill" ... as he's known around these parts, helped win me a ring with an unbelievable streaming start (CG SO, 2 hits, 10 Ks) on Friday of my championship week in 2015. What he's done on this comeback tour has been amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread