What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deodorant vs. Antiperspirant - "Pitted" against each other (1 Viewer)

What do you use to control the underarm beast?

• Deodorant

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Antiperspirant

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Something weird (crystals, herbs, whatever)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nothing, embrace the natural

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I coat myself head-to-toe with the AXE scent-of-the-month

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

Captain Fantastic

Footballguy
Another thread about armpits made me question this. To control the underarm aroma, do you mask it with deodorant or try to stop it with antiperspirant?

And a related question, have you ever tried the other or do you still use whatever you first started with when the smells of puberty arrived?

Feel free to deviate into a "stick vs. spray" debate if the mood strikes...

I hate deodorants. For years I have used Degree, as it was the best of two choices at Sam's Club. Last visit, Old Spice was the only choice and I went with it. 

$10 of instant regret.

Don't use Antiperspirant as it has aluminum in it which I heard was linked to dementia or something like that.

I tried the gel stuff once for a little bit mainly have been using deodorant all my life.

old skool ozone destroying RIGHT GUARD - yeah, been hoarding cans since the early 80s - aerosol is god. 

Don't use Antiperspirant as it has aluminum in it which I heard was linked to dementia or something like that.

I tried the gel stuff once for a little bit mainly have been using deodorant all my life.

Antispirant doesn't let your body sweat. That doesn't seam like the right way to go so I only use deodorant. 

Deodorant - Speed Stick Ocean Surf.

I don't like that antiperspirant stuff.
Same here.  Strictly deodorant guy.  I don't sweat like a  :porked: , but I do sweat.  Degree, Speed Stick, Dove, and some Old Spice scents are fine by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deodorant. I Don't sweat like I did when I drank a ton & had a crappy diet when I was younger.

Never understood deodorant.

Why would you want your pits to sweat but smell ok?  Stop the sweating in the first place.

Not sure if this is schtick but...there's got to be a better way.  :oldunsure:
i shtick you not ... whassamatta with a lil' spruce up in the nether regions? and, yeah, not about to get all twee with Axe body spray, etc - just gimme a couple blasts of the ol' aerosol, and i'm good for the day  :thumbup:

and i'd be lyin' if i didn't say i enjoy that it tingles with a very coquettish nuance ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man. I'm totally getting worried about my upcoming situation. I've used Right Guard antiperspirant & deodorant in the Gel Stick form for a long, long time. It was unique... a gel stick, goes on smooth and leaves no residue like a gel, but dry instead of wet and doesn't feel icky.

Anyway, it's been discontinued for a couple of years. When I found out it wasn't being sold anymore, I bought a retail case off ebay and have been working through the supply for the last several years. Well, I'm down to my last stick. And there's nothing else on the market that feels this comfortable.

After decades+ of being used to this, I don't know what I'm going to do next.
this premise would make for a great 'Seinfeld' episode ...

:popcorn:

I used to be a staunch disciple of the antiperspirant.  However, over time, I noticed increased irritability of my armpits and the sweat seemed to just pour out more and more.  I eventually tried 4 different major brands of antiperspirant to no avail.

Then, finally, I just wore some Old Spice deodorant (bought it by accident), and it changed my life.  I no longer had itchy armpits and I actually sweat less.  I haven't gone back since, that was about 6-7 years ago.

Antiperspirant is overrated.  Deodorant is the way to go.

Walking Boot said:
Oh man. I'm totally getting worried about my upcoming situation. I've used Right Guard antiperspirant & deodorant in the Gel Stick form for a long, long time. It was unique... a gel stick, goes on smooth and leaves no residue like a gel, but dry instead of wet and doesn't feel icky.

Anyway, it's been discontinued for a couple of years. When I found out it wasn't being sold anymore, I bought a retail case off ebay and have been working through the supply for the last several years. Well, I'm down to my last stick. And there's nothing else on the market that feels this comfortable.

After decades+ of being used to this, I don't know what I'm going to do next.
Like anyone could even know that.   :P

Users who are viewing this thread