What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Epic April fools pranks to pull on your kids? (1 Viewer)

Kimmel had a guy on a few days ago with some funny ideas. An easy one was taking an empty plastic bottle, like a Gatorade bottle, pull back the label, cut a slice in the bottle and stick someone's phone in the bottle before putting the label back. Then call the phone and see them try and figure out how to get it out. He showed a video of doing it to someone who uses their phone as an alarm clock.

Was thinking of telling him there was school tomorrow,  getting him ready and everything
That's a good one.  Our school morning routine is to have her breakfast on her plate.  Tomorrow, I am going to put dinner food on her plate. 

My daughter has been talking about April Fool's Day for the last few days.  I have been putting together ideas to throw pranks out all day long.  Appreciate any ideas that you guys have. 

A simple prank is to put a picture of the wife and I kissing as her screen saver on her ipad.  She will be irritated that I messed with her ipad and be grossed out by mommy and daddy kissing. 

Another prank that I need to get to today is to replace potato chips with carrots in a small bag of chips. 

couple years ago when i woke my kid up i told her she had slept straight through from Friday night to Monday morning, time to get up for school.  it was Saturday morning. she was really, really pissed. cried a lot. yelled at me some. it was bad. 

so don't do that if they're young enough to really believe

Tell them they're adopted. Because they might be adopted.

Telling them they're adopted and you're all heading out to meet their birth parents at the mall.  Go up to a random couple and introduce them as the birth parents and run away.  Hilarity ensues.
Adopted!!! Hahahaha! Hilarious!! Because being adopted is terrible!!!

So funny guys.  So funny.

Stand over them while they sleep and piss all over their bed. Hilarity ensues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year, I printed and cut out 10 brown letter "E"s of different sizes and fonts and laid them face up on a plate. I covered the plate with tin foil and took it along to pick up my daughter at practice. When she got in the car, I told her she did such a great job that I brought her a plate of brown e's. She got super excited and ripped the foil off the plate.  :hot:

:fishing: Hook, line and sinker.

this year, so far I've got:
• cut out a large bug shape and tape it to the inside of the lamp shade. When someone turns it on it'll look like a huge bug is in there.

• I'm writing a letter or making some flyer to mix in with the mail...something like my kids were expelled from school (If I'm feeling evil) or they won a trip to disney (if I'm feeling even more evil)

• Get a box of oreos and scrape out the cream and replace it with toothpase

my kids have sports—hockey and figure skating—so need to come up with something that'll work there too

need more....

If they are old enough to use deoderant scrape the top layer of the deoderant off and mold cream cheese to replace it. 

The ol rubber band on the sink sprayer is a classic. 

Years ago April 1 was like 80 degrees in Boston. I was outside doing yard work, kids (8, 6, 3 at the time) were in the house. I went inside and yelled "The ice cream man is coming!!!" They came running and I handed them each a dollar on their way out the door, then stayed inside and watched as they danced giddily around on the sidewalk waving their bills, looking left and right for for a truck that never came. They came back in after a couple of minutes, shoulders slumped, and I said "April fools!" They called me a liar, the little one cried, and they all kept the money. 

Remove the shower head, crush a couple packages of butterscotch life savers and put them in the shower head, replace showerhead.

I've only tried this on adults but I am sure it will work the same on kids.

This past winter a co-worker of mine put on his full face ski-mask and stood over his young sons bed and woke him up for school...apparently his son freaked out....Good times..

my old man would make us get up on the roof tear off the shingles then the tar paper then fix any broken or rotted out decking then put down new tar paper then ice and water and then reshingle the thing flashing in around the chimney and then at the end of the day he would say april fools you just reroofed the house man he got us good take that to the bank brohans 

my old man would make us get up on the roof tear off the shingles then the tar paper then fix any broken or rotted out decking then put down new tar paper then ice and water and then reshingle the thing flashing in around the chimney and then at the end of the day he would say april fools you just reroofed the house man he got us good take that to the bank brohans 
Un huh, ice and water

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the bathroom.  Yell for your kid saying you are out of toilet paper and you need them to bring you some.  When they come in with a role and you reach for it, "inadvertantly" wipe some Nutella on their hand.  Hilarity ensues.
Oh hell yes - I'm totally doing this one.

make sure it is raining and then shout the house is on fire everyone out and when they are outside lock the door and make them stand in the rain for 7 hours and then shout april fools day take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread