Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
TheBottomLine

Accept this offer for Montgomery?

Question

League is 10-team PPR Best Ball with deep rosters and full IDP.

I am really deep at RB, I have David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, Adrian Peterson, Jerick McKinnon, Paul Perkins, Danny Woodhead, Ty Montgomery

I have tried to shop TyMont all offseason but haven't gotten much interest at all, however, finally may have received something worth doing.  

Would you deal TyMont for rookie pick 3.10?  It is the 30th pick overall for a guy that I just am not that crazy about as far as volume.  Yes he may get 7-10 carries and 4-5 targets per game but I do not see a case where he is their workhorse RB.  I know the 3.10 isn't great but considering a smaller league and full IDP, that pick is not hateful.  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Meh. Just seems like a move to make a move. I also dont see your team as "really deep" at RB. Its great with Johnson and Gordon, but gets thin pretty quick IMO. Literately every other player needs things to break their way to be a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Heck no.  Right now it looks like Ty will be Green Bay's starting RB.  I don't think that offer is remotely close.  I would just keep him.  He is better than McKinnon on your roster for sure and I think in a dynasty format you could argue he is worth more than Riddick, Peteron, Perkins and Woodhead.  You must have other guys that I would rather even drop than trade Montgomery for 3.10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I agree that you are not deep at RB at all.  You have two starters and the rest of blah.  I wouldn't make that deal but I think Montgomery will have some big games and since you are in best ball that has some significant value.  I think he has much more value in this format than a regular starting lineup type league.  I would hold tight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

It is a best ball league, these guys have a lot more value than you think.  

Then make the deal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

No just saying, I don't have to guess to start Theo, Woodhead, Ameer, Jerick, Perkins, etc.   If they score well they enter my lineup.  I think Ty is a safer start in traditional league but I don't see the weekly upside compare to some of the others in a best ball.

Edited by TheBottomLine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Montgomery has high upside simply because he is at this time a starting RB in one of the top offenses in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, TheBottomLine said:

It is a best ball league, these guys have a lot more value than you think.  

Several people have commented (and I agree) that your not that deep at RB, especially in a 10 teamer.

Yes, you have "depth" in terms of number of bodies but with their fair share of question marks...  Maybe if Perkins steps up and produces... but the values of Abdullah & Riddick could drop a lot if the Lions draft a back.  Peterson and Woodhead are older and in transition, Jerick McKinnon isn't a lead back.  So, even in best ball, you can get thin at RB in a hurry.

In any case, it isn't a question of your RB depth... What is more valuable to you? 3.10 or Montgomery?  Personally, I have my doubts about Monty - from a health perspective to the switching of positions.  that being said, I think he would be valued higher than 3.10 - especially in best ball.  counter with the 2.10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
50 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Several people have commented (and I agree) that your not that deep at RB, especially in a 10 teamer.

Yes, you have "depth" in terms of number of bodies but with their fair share of question marks...  Maybe if Perkins steps up and produces... but the values of Abdullah & Riddick could drop a lot if the Lions draft a back.  Peterson and Woodhead are older and in transition, Jerick McKinnon isn't a lead back.  So, even in best ball, you can get thin at RB in a hurry.

In any case, it isn't a question of your RB depth... What is more valuable to you? 3.10 or Montgomery?  Personally, I have my doubts about Monty - from a health perspective to the switching of positions.  that being said, I think he would be valued higher than 3.10 - especially in best ball.  counter with the 2.10?

Yeah they are question marks but I also have a couple studs.  Tough to get 4 or 5 guys that have no question marks.  TyMont would just be another one of them that has a bunch of concerns.  Have plenty of guys already that are capable of having a 12-15 point week any given week on top of a couple 20-30 point weekly guys. 

Theo Riddick is a pass catching specialist and don't see that changing regardless who is the "lead back" there.  Woodhead is old, sure, but not a lot of mileage and he is playing for checkdown-city Flacco.  Again, in best ball, I am in fine shape at RB.  We can only start a max of two each week.  Have them all handcuffed too.  

But you are right, it has a lot to do with value.  What happens when GB drafts a really good RB?  What happens then?  

Edited by TheBottomLine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

Yeah they are question marks but I also have a couple studs.  Tough to get 4 or 5 guys that have no question marks.  TyMont would just be another one of them that has a bunch of concerns.  Have plenty of guys already that are capable of having a 12-15 point week any given week on top of a couple 20-30 point weekly guys. 

Theo Riddick is a pass catching specialist and don't see that changing regardless who is the "lead back" there.  Woodhead is old, sure, but not a lot of mileage and he is playing for checkdown-city Flacco.  Again, in best ball, I am in fine shape at RB.  We can only start a max of two each week.  Have them all handcuffed too.  

But you are right, it has a lot to do with value.  What happens when GB drafts a really good RB?  What happens then?  

That's why I suggested countering with the 2.10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What the heck do you think is going to be there at 3.10 that would present more value than Montgomery?  I can tell you...nothing.  That pick is a long dark horse.  It's just a bad offer but you seem to want to give away Montgomery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Who would you get at 3.10 that would be better than Montgomery?  The guy at 3.10 might not even make the team... I'd stick with the current starting RB, especially in Best Ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Warhogs said:

What the heck do you think is going to be there at 3.10 that would present more value than Montgomery?  I can tell you...nothing.  That pick is a long dark horse.  It's just a bad offer but you seem to want to give away Montgomery.

 

2 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Who would you get at 3.10 that would be better than Montgomery?  The guy at 3.10 might not even make the team... I'd stick with the current starting RB, especially in Best Ball.

We start full 11-man defense.  Due to that, many owners reach for IDP early, which pushes back many good offensive players.  I can without a doubt get an offensive talent that goes in the 2nd in most non-IDP drafts, with that 3.10.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So why don't you answer what we asked?  Who specifically are you targeting at 3.10 that you think will be more valuable than Montgomery?  I still think that offer is at least 12 spots lower than what you should be able to get for Montgomery.

Edited by Warhogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Warhogs said:

So why don't you answer what we asked?  Who specifically are you targeting at 3.10 that you think will be more valuable than Montgomery?  I still think that offer is at least 12 spots lower than what you should be able to get for Montgomery.

Well doggone it I wish you were in my league to give me that 2.08 for him.   And I can't answer that right now but there is always really good value at that point in OUR draft.  When GB drafts a RB I will not be able to flip him for that third, no chance.  

Edited by TheBottomLine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, TheBottomLine said:

Well doggone it I wish you were in my league to give me that 2.08 for him.   And I can't answer that right now but there is always really good value at that point in OUR draft.  When GB drafts a RB I will not be able to flip him for that third, no chance.  

This shows part of what I have been trying to warn about.  I think it's a mistake to make a trade like this because you want the extra pick and you think someone good will fall to you.  You need to do the work of laying out what you think will be the 29 players that go before that pick and ask yourself if you are happy in the worst case scenario of getting your #30 rookie player for Montgomery?  

Note that I was also thinking this was a 12 team league and you stated it was 10 teams so that improves the pick value some but I still think it's a pretty weak offer.  Also, don't be so sure Green Bay will be drafting a new starting RB.  They like Montgomery and need a ton of help at CB, outside pass rush and OL.  They could easily add a RB in a late round for some added depth but it's no given they bring in someone ahead of Montgomery.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Warhogs said:

This shows part of what I have been trying to warn about.  I think it's a mistake to make a trade like this because you want the extra pick and you think someone good will fall to you.  You need to do the work of laying out what you think will be the 29 players that go before that pick and ask yourself if you are happy in the worst case scenario of getting your #30 rookie player for Montgomery?  

Note that I was also thinking this was a 12 team league and you stated it was 10 teams so that improves the pick value some but I still think it's a pretty weak offer.  Also, don't be so sure Green Bay will be drafting a new starting RB.  They like Montgomery and need a ton of help at CB, outside pass rush and OL.  They could easily add a RB in a late round for some added depth but it's no given they bring in someone ahead of Montgomery.  

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

With Lacy moving on and Ty's health issues, doesn't GB have to bring somebody in?  At least for depth?

That being said, I don't think the 30th pick in a rookie draft is the best return either... But the OP being a "bottom line" kind of guy, if you really want to move on from Ty and value the pick, go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.