What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

G N' R Lies (1 Viewer)

Yay or Nay and Why

• Yay

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

rockaction

Footballguy
Yay or Nay and Why

The biggest band on earth chose this as their sophomore effort. Patience, One In A Million, Reckless Life, You're Crazy, and four covers.  

"Show starts at 10 sharp."

oh, you mean the album.
My brother was just talking about them opening for the Stones back about three decades ago. Has it really been three decades? It has. Anyway, said they showed up late, started talking junkie stuff, and got booed off stage. 

Strange act, those dudes.  

think they butchered two of my favorite Classics-  "New Rose" (the Damned) and "Attitude" (Misfits) -

i appreciated the homage to both woefully under appreciated bands, but the pair  were sub par efforts, imo  :shrug:

think they butchered two of my favorite Classics-  "New Rose" (the Damned) and "Attitude" (Misfits) -

i appreciated the homage to both woefully under appreciated bands, but the pair  were sub par efforts, imo  :shrug:
Wrong album.

My brother was just talking about them opening for the Stones back about three decades ago. Has it really been three decades? It has. Anyway, said they showed up late, started talking junkie stuff, and got booed off stage. 

Strange act, those dudes.  
I was at that show, it was truly embarrassing.

Happen to be reading Slash's autobiography right now.  Not sure how those guys lived long enough to put out any music. They were crazy drug-addicts that could barely get their lives together long enough to actually record Appetite. 

I enjoy Lies but I generally prefer raw R & R over more polished music.  I listen to Lies a lot more than the Illusion albums.  .   

Big Nay.

Appetite  -  10/10

Use your Illusion(s) - 10/10

Lies - 0/10  put it in the trash

I would rather listen to Chinese Democracy

or any Slashes Snakepit 

or Duff Mckagan - Believe in Me (super underrated)

Happen to be reading Slash's autobiography right now.  Not sure how those guys lived long enough to put out any music. They were crazy drug-addicts that could barely get their lives together long enough to actually record Appetite. 

I enjoy Lies but I generally prefer raw R & R over more polished music.  I listen to Lies a lot more than the Illusion albums.  .   
Slash's book is F'in awesome.

Also, yay on LIES. Nobody else could even come close to pulling that off but somehow they did.

It was a blatant stopgap. But it was still more authentic than anything Bon Jovi or Motley Crue were putting out in 1988.

Loved that book. Still have it on my bookshelf at work prominently displayed next to all the worky type books. 

Lies is fantastic.  And at the time I was a teenager so hungry for more GnR they could have recorded farts for 49 minutes and I'd have bought it. But it was fantastic because when every other cheesy 80s band was doing the same thing in their second album they did something completely different. And it had one awesome moments. Patience was overplayed then but is underrated as a tune. The bridge into the outtro where Axl goes up several offices and Slash does some sweet acoustic solo riffs is just great. All the acoustic tunes are great. And the loud stuff in the other side was zany but cool. 

Love it. Can't wait to listen to it in the AM during my commute. 

Users who are viewing this thread