What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DT and DE Designation Changes (1 Viewer)

slackjawedyokel

Footballguy
I tend to play in leagues which breakout DE and DT.  Let's talk about sneaky options at DT this season and possible LB --> DE opportunities.

Ex: I picked up Jerry Hughes a couple weeks back with the potential of him moving to DE, and I now see that MFL has updated him to DE.  

Yeah that was the good move to make (too bad Hughes is rostered everywhere I play ^^), another team that is switching from 3-4 to 4-3 is Cleveland, so Ogbah or Nassib may have so new value, depending of the depth of your league.

Another interesting guy to keep an eye on at DT is Eddie Goldman in CHI.  He battled injuries last year but with Fangio building the defense, I can see him becoming a serious force with solid performance at the DT designation.

As stated in the other thread... Romeo Okwara has been given a DT designation.

He plays DE as the third guy but is known to play plenty of DT on pass rushing downs.  With Jonathan Hankins currently not on the team he could possibly see plenty of reps at DT this year and still be the primary back-up at both DE positions.

Alex Okafor NOS changed from LB to DE. Not someone I know too much about but he's on the roster of an orphan I've taken over any thoughts on him?

Lots of them discussed here.  The Jernigan trade to Philly is the most recent one of interest.  Listed as DE from BAL being a 3-4 team but likely to change to DT. 

Another interesting guy to keep an eye on at DT is Eddie Goldman in CHI.  He battled injuries last year but with Fangio building the defense, I can see him becoming a serious force with solid performance at the DT designation.
He was really good but has a very hard time staying on the field due to injuries.  He is definitely worth a flyer and if he stays healthy he will payoff nicely. 

I had picked up Lorenzo Alexander for some LB depth and see he is now a DE.  I'm not sure if that will be good or bad or if he will just be unimportant?

I had picked up Lorenzo Alexander for some LB depth and see he is now a DE.  I'm not sure if that will be good or bad or if he will just be unimportant?
The big risk with Lorenzo is whether he can come close to repeating his "lightning in a bottle" season from last year, or if it was a fluke for the ages.  My guess is he regresses back to middle-of-the-pack waiver wire status, regardless of position designation.

That said, in most typical scoring systems, LBs outperform DL, so any LB that moves to DL without seeing a drop in production usually benefits.  Can't see how the redesignation could be bad here.

According to this article, Lorenzo and his coach have indicated he will play 4-3 OLB in the new scheme.  I expect Rotoworld to change him on their depth charts before the season starts.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/11/bills-lb-lorenzo-alexander-expects-to-play-thomas-davis-role-in-sean-mcdermotts-defense/

fridayfrenzy said:
According to this article, Lorenzo and his coach have indicated he will play 4-3 OLB in the new scheme.  I expect Rotoworld to change him on their depth charts before the season starts.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/11/bills-lb-lorenzo-alexander-expects-to-play-thomas-davis-role-in-sean-mcdermotts-defense/
That article is odd...

1) Alexander said for himself he expects to be "in the Tomas Davis role" would be a non-pass rushing role at WLB in that 4-3.

2) Then later it states "Alexander will see his role change from a 3-4 outside linebacker, where he was typically used as a pass rusher, to an off the ball role as a ‘SAM’ linebacker."

None of it is any good.

Anybody have a guess how the Dallas line shakes out?  I see Irving has been switched to DT from DE but is there a chance he looks down a starting DE role and switches back?

Anybody have a guess how the Dallas line shakes out?  I see Irving has been switched to DT from DE but is there a chance he looks down a starting DE role and switches back?
Dallas lost McClain and Crawford while adding Paea and Damontre Moore. The whole defense is in flux right now. Irving was beasting down the stretch last year as DE, I would guess that's where he plays next year.

David Irving

DL DAL (7)

1 hour ago

Irving signed his exclusive-rights contract tender with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Drew Boylhart of TheHuddleReport.com reports.

Irving was tendered last month and Wednesday's signing makes it official that he will return to Dallas for the 2017 season. He is a versatile player who showed the ability to play both tackle and end last season and should assume a prominent role along the Cowboys' defensive line.

Users who are viewing this thread