What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hillary Clinton blames Comey, WikiLeaks and 'misogyny' for 2016 loss (1 Viewer)

She's not clueless at all. There is a certain amount of truth to what's she's saying. There is also, sadly, some things that she won't admit to herself, which is understandable as well.

There are a lot of factors why Hillary lost. One very important one that the article does not mention: the announcement, two weeks before the election, that Obamacare costs were going to significantly increase in 2017. I firmly believe that this one piece of horrible news for the Democrats changed a lot of votes in the swing states, particularly Florida and Pennsylvania.

She's not clueless at all. There is a certain amount of truth to what's she's saying. There is also, sadly, some things that she won't admit to herself, which is understandable as well.

There are a lot of factors why Hillary lost. One very important one that the article does not mention: the announcement, two weeks before the election, that Obamacare costs were going to significantly increase in 2017. I firmly believe that this one piece of horrible news for the Democrats changed a lot of votes in the swing states, particularly Florida and Pennsylvania.
thanks Tips.   

I realize there are more factors.   These aren't them.   

The biggest reason she lost is that the entire opposition, and some of her own, recognize she's a narcissistic liar.   You can blame the news, or you can blame her actions that the news reported.   Most non-lapdogs can tell the difference.

She lost for lots of reasons, but the primary one is that she is a bad candidate.  She is very bad at campaigning.

She lost for lots of reasons, but the primary one is that she is a bad candidate.  She is very bad at campaigning.
I agree with this too. Not sure it's the primary reason, but it's a big one, and I was concerned about it from the start. 

She just lacks that connection with voters that her biggest rivals have had. They don't feel her. 

Did any of you actually read the article or watch the interview?  She cops to her own role in the loss and said that there were tons of factors.

Also she's a failed ex-candidate.  She doesn't have supporters. What are they supporting, her efforts to walk her dog in the woods? 

Acting like she's still some sort of opposition leader instead of just a retired old lady is exactly what Trump wants you to do. That's why he still talks about her more than he talks about policy.

The fact that she's using the word misogyny shows that she still doesn't get it.
After being with Bill all these years you would have thought her campaign would have been ready for misogyny...just bad game preparation...gotta study more film...

Thankfully nothing she does really matters anymore.  Irrelevancy is a good look for her.  #imwithher 

she just needs to stop...she can blame all that she wants but at the end of the day she lost because she wasn't liked/trusted.

thanks Tips.   

The biggest reason she lost is that the entire opposition, and some of her own, recognize she's a narcissistic liar.   You can blame the news, or you can blame her actions that the news reported.   Most non-lapdogs can tell the difference.
Wait I thought we elected a narcissistic liar.

Also she's a failed ex-candidate.  She doesn't have supporters. What are they supporting, her efforts to walk her dog in the woods? 

Acting like she's still some sort of opposition leader instead of just a retired old lady is exactly what Trump wants you to do. That's why he still talks about her more than he talks about policy.
:mellow:  

thanks Tips.   

Wait I thought we elected a narcissistic liar.
We did, but the WAY they were narcissistic liars and what they lied about were completely different.  That matters to many it seems.

Let's not forget the uneducated, racist, gun loving, Jesus praising people that voted against her....they came out in droves for Trump.

But for what it's worth, she did win the majority vote so there's that. 

The fact that she's using the word misogyny shows that she still doesn't get it.
This is anecdotal but I heard many people out loud say they could never vote for a woman to be president. I highly doubt that's the reason she lost, but it certainly was a factor for some. 

Unfortunately for her Trump's backrubs for Vlad were better than giving him uranium and speeches...tipped all the scales...

This is anecdotal but I heard many people out loud say they could never vote for a woman to be president. I highly doubt that's the reason she lost, but it certainly was a factor for some. 
She also received votes because she was a woman.

What exactly do you think they're supporting? 

Also mostly unrelated but I thought you'd like to see this.
I have no ####### clue :shrug:  

Why would I care that Perez is hopping on the Bernie train?  There's a lot of work to be done and Bernie is a pretty inclusive person and will work with anyone willing to work with him.  Will be interesting to see what comes of this in the future.  It's pretty clear the Dems will do anything to get people to vote for them at this point.  Actions will bear out if the party is legit or not.

37 states to 13 states is also an interesting factoid...
Very much so, I agree. 

So is the fact that the financial/economic output of those 37 states is a mere fraction of that of the other 13 states (and the discrepancies in literacy rates, education levels, dependence on the federal government rates, love of Putin, etc.). Comparisons are fun! 

She also received votes because she was a woman.
:rolleyes:

Here's how simple this is: if you flip Trump and Clinton's entire lives- their experience, their families (including Trumps divorces and statements about parenthood), their treatment of the opposite sex more broadly, their government and private sector experience, all of it- who wins the election?

If you admit Clinton wins in a massive landslide, you're admitting there's misogyny at work in the results.  If you think the results would have been the same ... all due respect but you're out of your ####### mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very much so, I agree. 

So is the fact that the financial/economic output of those 37 states is a mere fraction of that of the other 13 states (and the discrepancies in literacy rates, education levels, dependence on the federal government rates, love of Putin, etc.). Comparisons are fun! 
That's actually very interesting.  Good find!

Very much so, I agree. 

Well we can call it an affirmative action election...odd that after years of denigrating the GOP as the party of the rich it has now been flip-flopped...

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's how simple this is: if you flip Trump and Clinton's entire lives- their experience, their families (including Trumps divorces and statements about parenthood), their treatment of the opposite sex more broadly, their government and private sector experience, all of it- who wins the election?

If you admit Clinton wins in a massive landslide, you're admitting there's misogyny at work in the results.  If you think the results would have been the same ... all due respect but you're out of your ####### mind.
I have no idea, but neither does anyone else.

Well we can call it an affirmative action election...odd that after years of denigrating the GOP as the party of the rich it has now been flip-flopped...
Well, the GOP still advocates for the interests of the rich, they just do it on the backs of suckers and dupes they have conned. So there is that.

I don't understand what you're changing and what you're keeping the same.

It's an inarguable fact that Clinton pushed the "vote for me because I'm a woman" angle.  I sincerely believe that she received a lot of votes purely because the voter wanted to vote for a woman.  I personally believe that those votes greatly outnumbered the "voted against her because she's a woman" votes.

Now, if you want to argue that a portion of the public's dislike of her is due to her being a woman, I don't know how to calculate that percentage.

Well, the GOP still advocates for the interests of the rich, they just do it on the backs of suckers and dupes they have conned. So there is that.
Odd they are trying to help all the dems in urban areas...seems like a foolish strategy...

Wow, America must be pretty bigoted and rotten.  If we can't elect a woman, how in the world could we ever elect a black, very Liberal man with Hussein as a middle name?

Wow, America must be pretty bigoted and rotten.  If we can't elect a woman, how in the world could we ever elect a black, very Liberal man with Hussein as a middle name?
If Hillary was just treated with the grace that Sara Palin was she would have won in a landslide...

Users who are viewing this thread