What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which QB do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

drewd_21

Footballguy
16 tm idp ppr pass TD 5pts

Team is a total rebuild and I have Winston (and only Winston atm), who I plan on keeping to build around. It's a start 1qb league and I've been offered Cam straight up.

My initial reaction was to decline as I personally prefer Winston but now I'm thinking about it....plus he's a Bucs fan and I'm thinking about testing out just how badly he wants Winston.

Thoughts?

16 tm idp ppr pass TD 5pts

Team is a total rebuild and I have Winston (and only Winston atm), who I plan on keeping to build around. It's a start 1qb league and I've been offered Cam straight up.

My initial reaction was to decline as I personally prefer Winston but now I'm thinking about it....plus he's a Bucs fan and I'm thinking about testing out just how badly he wants Winston.

Thoughts?
Where is your team at? If I'm contending then I probably make that trade. If I'm building I stay the course or maybe counter with something. Points per game can't be that different but cam has had some elite years (every other year). 

Cam worries me a little. It's hard to gauge how long he will play at an elite level due to his play style because there hasn't really been a player like him. maybe they add a rb that takes some rushing tds away, although with CAR retaining Stewart I could see them passing on a rb in the 1st. Plus he just had shoulder surgery I believe, which shouldn't be an issue but there's always a chance. 

Maybe he has a different piece that you want and can use Winston/cam as the hook. If he wants Winston, maybe you can swap a rb or wr along with it to get a guy that you want. You're in the drivers seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Snorkelson...  My preference at this moment is Winston over Cam.  So in a straight up trade, I would pass... but if he sweetens the deal and can help you in other areas, then I would think about it.  And Winston is about 5 years younger.

Thanks for the thoughts they echo pretty much how I feel about the offer. My team needs loads of work, way beyond the next 2 seasons probably, and I'm pretty set on building around Winston at least. I shouldn't have to worry about QB for a long while. 

Think I'll just wait and see if he's prepared to up the offer....i'm not going to go chasing this one.

Look at his roster or post it here and see if there is a prospect or a pick you could ask for in return.

Looking over his roster i don't see anything that he would probably consider that would help me and his earliest pick this season is round 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread