What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kids & Social Media- how old? (1 Viewer)

Arizona Ron

Footballguy
How old would you/did you start letting your kids use Facebook?  The reasons are obvious to keep them away as long as possible but I think it's inevitable at some point since sooner or later, all their friends will have it.

Also, any tips to monitoring your kids on Facebook?

EDIT to add "social media" instead of just Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didnt know kids were still using Facebook. 

Age is tough. When they are at the age you think they are old enough, it is also about the same age where they potentially do stupid things online. The bad part is, your kid can be great, but others dont know how to act and you cant control them. If they already have a cell phone or iPod, Facebook probably doesnt add much room for trouble.  I know my post wasnt very helpful, but...? 

Most kids dont like Facebook anymore. its all about Instagram and Snapchat now.
true - FB has now enabled features on their interface that mimic IG and Snap - i tried it this weekend at my daughter's track practice, and it kinda blows ... their "Go Live"  tab was much better, but, as i said, they scrapped it for the 'your story' option  :shrug:

music.ily is another one they flock to

Keep her off the facebooks imo.

Now let's please have some more stories wherein you blast your juice upon various womens in the shower kthx.

Most kids dont like Facebook anymore. its all about Instagram and Snapchat now.
This is just not true. Kids are still using Facebook in droves. As far as age goes, I'd tell my kids when they are 16 or when they have their own job and can buy their own phone. Any abuse of this will result in lack of electronics till their 18. Yeah, I don't play around with this crap. 

One of my issues is the fact that I don't want to be friends on FB with my kids and especially their friends. I don't want to have to be concerned about what I post or like or share or anything like that.

One of my issues is the fact that I don't want to be friends on FB with my kids and especially their friends. I don't want to have to be concerned about what I post or like or share or anything like that.
LOL. I'm a 40-something supposed grown-up and I still don't post that much because my dad is the first to comment on anything I post. 

You can just not friend request them

LOL. I'm a 40-something supposed grown-up and I still don't post that much because my dad is the first to comment on anything I post. 
Yeah, forgot about my dad. I'm kinda glad my mom isn't interested in FB. I guess there are certain things that you post to FB that aren't that bad, just not what you want an early teenager to see!

You can just not friend request them
Yeah, but part of it is wanting to keep a watch on them if they are on FB, but not having them see your stuff! There ought to be a 'parent mode' to FB!!

Yeah, but part of it is wanting to keep a watch on them if they are on FB, but not having them see your stuff! There ought to be a 'parent mode' to FB!!
I thought about this, I'll have to set up a second FB for the "dad" account.  There's way too much whoremongering on my current FB.

:blackdot:

9yo floppinho is still a ways off, but 5yo floppinha is the one I'm worried about. she's going to be trouble.

lol... yea, I'm sure they're all dying to add you.

Users who are viewing this thread