What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Paul Posluszny dynasty value? (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
Trying to get a handle on what his dynasty value is currently. Was LB #9 last year in my 16 team league. I added him to my trade block just to see what kind of offers i would get.Got an offer of Him, Blake Bortles and Sammy Watkins for Le'Veon Bell.  The league has a unique scoring system...

Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

0-10

.2 points each

Forced Fumbles

0-10

.2 points each

Number of Interception Return TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Interceptions Caught

0-10

.6 points each

Passes Defensed

0-99

.15 points each

Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Blocked Field Goals

0-10

.3 points each

Number of Blocked Punt TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Blocked Punts

0-10

.3 points each

Blocked Extra Points

0-10

.2 points each

Tackles

0-99

.225 points each

Assists

0-99

.105 points each

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough to fully evaluate without seeing the offensive scoring, as well. Pos has low value in the offseason vs. later in the season when someone is willing to move a late pick for an old player that can help during a title push. 

However, in this case I'd say any deal that adds Bell to your team is a good one. It's a sell low on Bortles and Watkins but Bell was RB3 despite missing 4 games (3 game susp. + week 17) and he's clearly the most dominant RB in the game right now. I own him in 2 leagues and wouldn't trade him away for that group. His weekly production is reliably strong when he's not tokin his way to suspension. Try to get an mid round pick mixed in to sweeten the deal for you, maybe? Never hurts to ask!

I think that is an easy accept for Bell.  I don't know any league where the  Bell owner would offer that up. 

Thanks guys.

Puz was scorer #56 overall in our league and Bell was #41 (obviously he didn't play a full season)

Trying to get a handle on what his dynasty value is currently. Was LB #9 last year in my 16 team league. I added him to my trade block just to see what kind of offers i would get.Got an offer of Him, Blake Bortles and Sammy Watkins for Le'Veon Bell.  The league has a unique scoring system...

Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

0-10

.2 points each

Forced Fumbles

0-10

.2 points each

Number of Interception Return TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Interceptions Caught

0-10

.6 points each

Passes Defensed

0-99

.15 points each

Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Blocked Field Goals

0-10

.3 points each

Number of Blocked Punt TDs

0-10

.6 points each

Blocked Punts

0-10

.3 points each

Blocked Extra Points

0-10

.2 points each

Tackles

0-99

.225 points each

Assists

0-99

.105 points each
Wow, no points for sacks ? 4 solos and an assist is barely 1 point ? IDP-lite to say the least. (not a knock, just an observation.)

Ben & Jerry's said:
Wow, no points for sacks ? 4 solos and an assist is barely 1 point ? IDP-lite to say the least. (not a knock, just an observation.)
Seems crazy but how does it compare to offense?

Ben & Jerry's said:
sorry...sacks .225 each. Puz scored 28.338 last year, Bell scored 30.885. The highest non QB was D Johnson with 40.062. Antonio Brown was the highest WR with 33.822

top LB was K Alexander at 33.465

So he is moving to SLB.

Seriously doubt he has any trade value left. I own him in 2 leagues. In one league I also have Jack, so I might see if I can use Poz as trade bait to move up a little in the draft and also free up a roster spot. In the other I think I will hold and hope.

He's going to be a 2 down LB now with competition for tackles. The end is fast approaching for one of my favourite players.

My trade ended up being:

I give: Bortles, Watkins, Puz, 2.12

I get: L Bell, Mario Addison,  Rakeem Nunez-Roches

This is a 16 team, 53 man roster league where we break out DE/DT and CB/S

Getting an elite player like Bell makes it a win for your side, and I think you got the better on the idp end as well, given Poz advancing age.

That said, Bortles has more value than usual in a 16-teamer, and Watkins is a longer-term value IF you win the "he overcomes his injuries and plays up to his unrealized potential" lottery.  I can see the other side if I've inherrited a downtrodden team for which Bell is one of its few viable assets.

Solid trade.

Wooters said:
Who says he is going to be a 2 down LB'er now?  Poz has historically been one of the best coverage LB'ers in the game.  Jack was abused last season in coverage.  Why wouldn't Jack be the 2 down guy with Poz playing SLB and on all 3 downs?
Rotowire said he would be coming off the field in Nickel packages. Might be an opinion more than fact, but the rumblings are starting.

Im not doubting his ability, I just think the warning signs are there for dynasty owners right now.

Wooters said:
Who says he is going to be a 2 down LB'er now?  Poz has historically been one of the best coverage LB'ers in the game.  Jack was abused last season in coverage.  Why wouldn't Jack be the 2 down guy with Poz playing SLB and on all 3 downs?
Got a source for that?  Because my recollection is he's been very poorly rated in actual performance and his dynasty value has been tied to the "bad LB" theory that he's good enough that they have bigger fires to put out but bad enough that teams target him in their game plans so he makes a ton of tackles downfield.

Its over.

Poz has shifted to strong-side :X . Teaching Jack the signals so he can play MLB full time.

With the switch, Jack will be assuming all of Posluszny’s previous responsibilities, which includes making the defensive calls.

Posluszny was not made available to the media on Thursday, but after the Jaguars announced that he would be moving to strong-side linebacker, he said it meant that he didn’t play at a high enough level to keep his middle linebacker job and didn’t have anybody to blame but himself.
http://jacksonville.com/jaguars/sports/2017-05-25/jaguars-myles-jack-says-veteran-paul-posluszny-continues-be-tremendous#

Got a source for that?  Because my recollection is he's been very poorly rated in actual performance and his dynasty value has been tied to the "bad LB" theory that he's good enough that they have bigger fires to put out but bad enough that teams target him in their game plans so he makes a ton of tackles downfield.

PFF and Bleacher Report both ranked him very highly in coverage last year. 

Sorry, but I can't believe someone actually offered Le'Veon Bell for Bortles, Watkins and Posluszny.

Bell is a top 3 player while Bortles and Watkins are on very short leashes and may not even be with their current teams next year, while Posluszny is done. That's like trading a Bugatti Veyron for a couple of Mazdas and a Lada.

Sorry, but I can't believe someone actually offered Le'Veon Bell for Bortles, Watkins and Posluszny.

Bell is a top 3 player while Bortles and Watkins are on very short leashes and may not even be with their current teams next year, while Posluszny is done. That's like trading a Bugatti Veyron for a couple of Mazdas and a Lada.
well, it happened. This guy has been after Watkins since I drafted him at 1.02 in 2014.

In this league you can start 0-3 RB

Poz back to middle.  Jack back to SLB.

:kicksrock:
My spidey senses were mildly tingling last night when I took Poz in a FBG staff mock last night as my 5th LB (start 2-3).  Jack is a talent but needs additional seasoning.  Poz may produce yet again if the switch is set... which it sounds like it's still kind of a work in progress.

Anything new from the game last night about how the LBs look in Jax? Looks like they might be on the field a lot....Offense looked terrible 

Announcers mentioned that while Jack was strong side and Pos middle in base, the nickel alignment featured Telvin and Jack, and Pos was no longer playing all three downs.

No idea if that's a long term plan or not.

Users who are viewing this thread