What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sammy Watkins Trade (1 Viewer)

silkyjohnson

Footballguy
12 Team PPR Dynasty Startup

QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLX/K/DEF

Does the combination of M. Ingram & Crabtree/Tyrell Williams offer reasonable value for Sammy Watkins?  I'm pretty high on Watkins' future going forward but have seen mixed opinions about his value from reading this board and others.  Does this trade make sense given my roster makeup?  I'd be very thin at RB and my earliest pick in the 2017 rookie draft is 2.10.  Will there be any quality RB prospects that late?

QB:  Stafford/Bradford

RB:  Bell/Ingram/Gore/McKinnon/Jac Rodgers/Marshawn Lynch

WT:  Demaryius/Alshon/Tyrell Williams/Tyreek Hill/Crabtree/Decker/T. Benjamin/Tyler Boyd/P. Dorsett

TE:  Gronk/Z. Miller

D:    Philly

2.10, 4.03, 4.12

Watkins is an acquired taste.  He is very frustrating to own.  Additionally, Ingram generally does not carry much weight on the trade market even though he is very consistent.  My guess is that your offer will not be enough unless the Watkins owner is fed up.  Personally I would rather keep Ingram based on your roster construction.          

I kind of figured the same and assume I'd have to offer more.  I tend to agree with you in regards to the roster construction aspect of this deal.  Thanks for the input.

If the other team is trying to win now it may work, value aside. 2 players that will help now vs one guy who has supeme talent in a poor situation and has been banged up. Crabtree has been underrated, a post sf hangover I guess, 2 solid seasons in Oakland have me thinking he's a consistent wr2.

It's kind of a strange trade proposal because it feels like it's not enough to get it done and it feels to me like a trade you shouldn't do even though you maybe aren't offering enough on paper.  My personal view is that I'm not sold on Watkins and he isn't a name I would go after.  I think his perceived value is greater than what I expect from him.  I'm not thrilled about the deal for your team.  I like what you have right now but think Ingram is an important part of your 2017 success.  With WR of DT/A Jeffrey/Hill and Crabtree and the rest of your lineup I think you have a very good team.  I think the trade you listed might help you long term (if Watkins established as a WR1) but certainly hurts your short term chances.  

I think you need to keep Ingram as your RB2, especially with no early draft pick. And you are right, people are either hot or cold on Watkins. I just would be leery of making any moves for him!

Users who are viewing this thread