What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Round 5 Tier #1 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Which of the following players would you put on the same (highest available) tier in a 12 team dynas

• Rookie Pick 1.7

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Michael Crabtree

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Golden Tate

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Mark Ingram

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Derek Carr

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Terrell Pryor

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Marcus Mariota

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Tyrell Williams

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other (I will add the player if you give me the name and that you selected other in the replies, BUT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brisco54

Footballguy
I am trying something different with this poll based upon Oz's suggestion.  This is a tier based approach starting the 5th round.  Select each player or players that you would put on the same exact tier.  You can vote for more than one candidate.  To be on the same tier means that you see no difference in fantasy value between the two (or more) players... that you would have no problem swapping one for the other.

You can still add players by the "other" button, but ONLY ONE player can be added per user.  

I do not know how this will work, but I thought it was worth a try.

There as a 4 way tie for Poll #49 with Hunter Henry, Martavis Bryant, Tevin Coleman, Tyler Eifert each garnering 8 of 58 votes.  Since votes were getting consistently close, we decided to try a tier based system allowing multiple votes.  

Time to pick Tier 2 of the 5th round. 

Standings

1.1.  Odell Beckham

1.2.  Ezekiel Elliot

1.3.  Mike Evans

1.4.  David Johnson

1.5.  LeVeon Bell

1.6.  Antonio Brown

1.7.  Julio Jones

1.8.  Amari Cooper

1.9.  AJ Green

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

Round 2

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

2.4 TY Hilton

2.5 Michael Thomas

2.6 Rob Gronkowski

2.7 Dez Bryant

2.8 Devonta Freeman

2.9  Brandin Cooks

2.10 Jordan Howard

2.11 Melvin Gordon

2.12 Keenan Allen

3.1 Andrew Luck

3.2 Alshon Jeffrey

3.3 Aaron Rodgers

3.4 Rookie Pick 1.3

3.5 Jarvis Landry

3.6 Rookie Pick 1.4

3.7 Travis Kelce

3.8 Jay Ajayi

3.9 Carlos Hyde

3.10 (Tie) Davante Adams

Jordan Reed

3.12 (tie) Demaryius Thomas

Derrick Henry

4.2  Rookie Pick 1.5

4.3 Stefon Diggs

4.4 Lamar Miller

4.5 Corey Coleman

4.6 (Tie) Doug Baldwin

Rookie Pick 1.6

4.8 LeSean McCoy

4.9 Donte Moncreif

4.10 Jordy Nelson

4.11 Kelvin Benjamin

4.12 Tyreek Hill

The rankings switched to a tier based approach after the first 4 rounds.

5.1 (Round 5 tier 1):  Hunter Henry, Martavis Bryant, Tevin Coleman, Tyler Eifert

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

Hope it works without killing discussion. 

Imo, Mariota, Carr, Russell, Crabtree, Ingram and Tate are all roughly equal at this point. I'd take Mariota but that's only because I like to cheer for players I have on my team.

I would've made an "other" vote for DeVante Parker if I'd noticed he was missing.

I'd like to see a lot more players included in the poll, because it's easy to lose track of guys when voting by tier. Some guys who I'd add soon:

Ameer Abdullah
C.J. Anderson
Giovani Bernard
Josh Doctson
Will Fuller
Sterling Shepard
Randall Cobb
Jordan Matthews
Kevin White
Jameis Winston
Matt Ryan
Dak Prescott
Eric Ebron
Zach Ertz

IMO Ingram is clear best available.  QB/WR are much easier to fill rosters with.  Cooks and Hightower are gone.  Good non duel headed dragon RBs are hard to come by.  Nearly any QB in the top 15, besides the top 5, will produce near the same results within 25 fantasy pts.  Each team only needs 1 QB while most leagues need at least 2 RB.  Crabtree this early in a dynasty just seems wrong, he only has had two 1000 yd season in 8 years, rather have a rook pick.  Ingram has had 3 years of at least 1100 combined yards while being used sparingly his first 3 years.  Not trying to dis anyone's vote but c'mon....  

Sammy Watkins is way to high lol ..i would take TY Hilton , Michael Thomas , Devonta Freeman , Jordan Howard , Jarvis Landry , LeSean McCoy 

This list can go on and on also Watkins played one full season 

Sammy Watkins is way to high lol ..i would take TY Hilton , Michael Thomas , Devonta Freeman , Jordan Howard , Jarvis Landry , LeSean McCoy 

This list can go on and on also Watkins played one full season 
Your comment is about two months late.  The community selected Sammy in the poll held on February 17th.  He garnered 25 of 102 votes for that slot.  You can view that poll here:  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754214-player-15-community-dynasty-rankings/

The purpose of these polls is not to declare a ranking but to show the current market value of each player/pick.  1 in 4 participants of the poll in February thought Watkins was the 15th best player overall for dynasty.  That means in most leagues you will find at least two owners willing to pay that much for him.

Your comment is about two months late.  The community selected Sammy in the poll held on February 17th.  He garnered 25 of 102 votes for that slot.  You can view that poll here:  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754214-player-15-community-dynasty-rankings/

The purpose of these polls is not to declare a ranking but to show the current market value of each player/pick.  1 in 4 participants of the poll in February thought Watkins was the 15th best player overall for dynasty.  That means in most leagues you will find at least two owners willing to pay that much for him.
I just joined so it would be late and i dont agree with the current market value..i just want to hear someone justify his market value because it is too funny 

I just joined so it would be late and i dont agree with the current market value..i just want to hear someone justify his market value because it is too funny 
welcome to the board!

check out the Dynasty Value thread. It's a great place for conversations like the one you want to have, and it's always nice to see that thread bump to the first page in the Shark Pool! :)

here's the thread in case the search function stinks for you as much as it does for me:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/748837-dynasty-value-discussion-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
47 votes, 4 with 17 or more. 

You could wrap it up with a top 50 or try another poll and see what happens.  

If you feel like doing this again, maybe start in early August? 

I think you may want to look up the meaning of "market value" because I am not sure you understand the term.

I think you intend to say that his actual value is less than his market value.  My guess is that every person who has participated in any of the polls has disagreed with the results in the majority of them.  

These polls were unique in seeking public consensus on a slot by slot basis (for the first 48 players/picks as it turns out).  If you have a better tool for objectively determining market value I look forward to hearing it.

For everyone else, I have been out of the country for a while and participation was really lagging so it seemed like a good time to let these die.

I agree that we can start over, probably at the start of training camps, now that we have actual players instead of picks for 2017.  However, since we are talking dynasty, even then we will include picks, though we will be looking at 2018 picks instead.

Users who are viewing this thread