What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J howard (1 Viewer)

You didn't include your roster so I'll comment without regard to team makeup or need.  Because you can start as few as 1 RB or as few as 1 WR  you have a lot of flexibility.  I worry more about trading a RB for a WR and a pick if you need to start multiple RB because 1.05 won't guarantee a shot at a top RB but in this case it's PPR with a lot of flex so I would lean toward the side getting Benjamin and 1.05.

You didn't include your roster so I'll comment without regard to team makeup or need.  Because you can start as few as 1 RB or as few as 1 WR  you have a lot of flexibility.  I worry more about trading a RB for a WR and a pick if you need to start multiple RB because 1.05 won't guarantee a shot at a top RB but in this case it's PPR with a lot of flex so I would lean toward the side getting Benjamin and 1.05.
I am the team receiving j Howard.

My rbs: R. Kelley, D. Woodhead, J. White, A. Morris

my wrs: A. Cooper S. Watkins, K. Allen, M. Bryant, L. treadwell, J. Gordon, S. Coates, JJ Nelson

His team off the top of my head had his top WR at Cobb. And I viewed this as a weakness of his.

Based on your roster I would make that deal for Howard. You need a lot of help at RB and Howard would give you a for sure #1 starter at RB.  Plus you don't need KB at all.  Seems like an easy accept to me.

You really need one decent RB to make a difference on your team.  The value is fairly even here so I think I would make the deal as well. I'm not sure who your QB is but being able to go Howard, Cooper, Bryant and Watkins Allen is a big upgrade over having to trot out Kelley at RB.

The deal seems pretty fair.

You have a need at RB that Howard will fill.  I think this trade works well for you.

and for me, I see Howard for 1.5 as equal value... so why include Benjamin???  put a lesser value WR like Coates or Nelson.  Yes, you can use Howard, but for me, not at the cost of losing Benjamin with the pick

Bowler makes sense.  I agree that the value of Howard for 1.05 is close so I would try to keep Benjamin.  In the end though, if it also costs me Benjamin to get the RB upgrade with that roster I'm willing to overpay a bit.

I own Howard in 1 league and I would not trade him straight up for 1.05.  Howard had a pretty outstanding year in 2016 despite being on a pretty poor offense so to me it just would not make sense to trade a somewhat known quantity for a completely unknown one.  Nelson and Coates have minimal to no value to me so adding them to 1.05 would not make any real impact. 

I think it would be a reasonable offer if you prefer to try it that way but I would not expect it to be accepted.   

and for me, I see Howard for 1.5 as equal value... so why include Benjamin???  put a lesser value WR like Coates or Nelson.  Yes, you can use Howard, but for me, not at the cost of losing Benjamin with the pick
I attempted a lesser WR, He declined.  I value J. Howard higher than 1.5,  I would put him at around 1.2. I do agree that I may have overpaid

It's tough to call the deal on overpay.  In the league I own Howard in I also wouldn't trade him for 1.05 and I would have taken a WR like Kelvin Benjamin, Martavis Bryant or Laquan Treadwell to even make me think about it.  I would probably take the Benjamin offer.  I might pass on Bryant.  I would pass on Treadwell.  I think the overpay was small enough and filled a major hole so it made sense for you to do this deal.

Bowler makes sense.  I agree that the value of Howard for 1.05 is close so I would try to keep Benjamin.  In the end though, if it also costs me Benjamin to get the RB upgrade with that roster I'm willing to overpay a bit.
Or include Benjamin (he is deep at WR) and have the other team add a lesser pick (2.?)

ETA:  Looks like the deal may already be done.  I'd still be comfortable with the slight overpay for the more balanced roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
DropKick said:
Or include Benjamin (he is deep at WR) and have the other team add a lesser pick (2.?)

ETA:  Looks like the deal may already be done.  I'd still be comfortable with the slight overpay for the more balanced roster.
You are correct the deal was already completed.  After multiple back and forths and me initially saying no to KB and 1.05 I thought this helped me now and with a few more pieces maybe a championship.

Users who are viewing this thread