What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie Draft: Picks 1.1 and 1.4 as well as 2.1 (1 Viewer)

cfoster9

Footballguy
Where would you go with these three picks if your roster was as follows: (I also have pick 2.6.) (12 team league) (.5 PPR)

QB- Stafford, Manning, Bridgewater, Glennon

RB- Ingram, Ware, Charles, West, Barber, Marshall

WR- Jeffery, Allen, White, Doctson, Perriman, Gordon, Trav. Benjamin, Stills

TE- Fleener, Thomas, Higbee, Barnidge

Without knowing landing spots, I would look at Rb's with the two firsts and then try to trade the 2.1 for a 1st in 18.  Trading down from the 1.1 is another option and could also help get you needed picks. This team has holes that trading down can help fill. 

Without knowing landing spots, I would look at Rb's with the two firsts and then try to trade the 2.1 for a 1st in 18.  Trading down from the 1.1 is another option and could also help get you needed picks. This team has holes that trading down can help fill. 

I have considered trading down to try to acquire more picks. The guy who owns 1.2 is likely not going to move. Another guy owns 1.3, 1.5 and 1.7. 

I would trade down for the 1.3 and 1.5. But 1.7 is just outside of that top tier so that is tough if he won't do 1.5.  A first in 18 if you think it would be a good one and the 1.3 could be enough too. 

I wouldn't trade down.  I might try to package 2.01 and 2.06 to move up a bit.  It's quite simple.  You need to improve at RB/WR/TE.  Most likely with 1.01 you need to grab the best RB option.  I suspect at 1.04 you can go BPA and it will probably be a RB or WR.  If you could sneak into the later part of round 1 to get one of the top 2 TE that would be nice.  Even if you don't trade up this draft should be all about getting BPA at the RB/WR/TE spots throughout your draft.

I am also an owner of the 1.1, and 1.4 ( I WAS an owner of the 1.2) 6,7, and 13

If youre not SET at someone at 1, I strongly consider moving down and acquiring a player like I did. I liked Dalvin Cook and everything, but after the combine/pro day, i was not as impressed and was ok with drafting one of Mixon, Mcaffrey, Kamara etc, while taking Corey Davis/Mike Williams at 4...

I was able to move MY 1.2 for Sammy Watkins & 1.4

Dalvin Cook for Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams

Dalvin Cook for Sammy Watkins and Corey Davis

(Pick your poison ^ which do you prefer)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also an owner of the 1.1, and 1.4 ( I WAS an owner of the 1.2) 6,7, and 13

If youre not SET at someone at 1, I strongly consider moving down and acquiring a player like I did. I liked Dalvin Cook and everything, but after the combine/pro day, i was not as impressed and was ok with drafting one of Mixon, Mcaffrey, Kamara etc, while taking Corey Davis/Mike Williams at 4...

I was able to move MY 1.2 for Sammy Watkins & 1.4

Dalvin Cook for Sammy Watkins and Mike Williams

Dalvin Cook for Sammy Watkins and Corey Davis

(Pick your poison ^ which do you prefer)

I have had a guy offer me Allan Robinson and 1.12 for 1.4. Thoughts? Just conflicted if I need to give up that pick or go get two RBs. (Fournette, Cook, Mixon, McCaffery)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a guy offer me Allan Robinson and 1.12 for 1.4. Thoughts? Just conflicted if I need to give up that pick or go get two RBs. (Fournette, Cook, Mixon, McCaffery)
I am not a big Robinson fan but you have to take that.  Are you sure it isn't Aldrick Robinson?  Ha

I would do the deal for Robinson and then take the best RB option at 1.01 and go best available at 1.12 and 2.01.

I like Robinson, at this point it's an owners preference, if you like him, now is a GREAT time to buy Low, others??? If you don't believe in him then don't buy 

Maybe counter with 1.07 for Allen Robinson?

I think there's a dropoff after 1.06 and maintaining your picks there will be important. I have picks 1, 4, 5, 6, 9 and it's tough, but I see Fournette as the #1, then Cook, Mixon, McCaffrey, Davis and Williams as the next 5.  After that I see a dropoff unless you're in a TE weighted league.  Some of the later running backs could be top 5 in ppr and .5 ppr leagues, like Hunt or Kamara, but I don't like them at the top of the 1st.

I think there's a dropoff after 1.06 and maintaining your picks there will be important. I have picks 1, 4, 5, 6, 9 and it's tough, but I see Fournette as the #1, then Cook, Mixon, McCaffrey, Davis and Williams as the next 5.  After that I see a dropoff unless you're in a TE weighted league.  Some of the later running backs could be top 5 in ppr and .5 ppr leagues, like Hunt or Kamara, but I don't like them at the top of the 1st.
I wouldn't get greedy, if Robinson was dropped in your league guaranteed he goes 1.03 at the latest and he would be in the discussion for 1.01.

I don't have 1.7.

I have 1.1 and 1.4 in the first.

Another guy in the league owns 1.3, 1.5 and 1.7.

The guy that offered Robinson only as 1.12 in the first round.

Users who are viewing this thread