Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Evan Engram, N.Y. Giants

2 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I am not sure why that matters. Look back at box scores -- since Dissly's been out, Hollister routinely has more receptions (and targets, I believe) even when Willson is in the game.

Wilson is their blocking TE. Think Rhett Ellison but not as good.

23 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Wilson is their blocking TE. Think Rhett Ellison but not as good.

Sorry guys this is what I saw regarding Dickson.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11677/ed-dickson

With Engram just shedding the boot I can't see starting him this week if he does play, is Hollister a better target than Goedert for our fill in? Any others higher on your radar?

Hopefully Engram comes back strong for playoffs but we all need an insurance policy. 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

With Engram just shedding the boot I can't see starting him this week if he does play, is Hollister a better target than Goedert for our fill in? Any others higher on your radar?

Hopefully Engram comes back strong for playoffs but we all need an insurance policy. 

I guess it's possible Dickson gets looks if Willson can't go, but I can't see the journeyman TE all of the sudden command the role away from Hollister who looks to have chemistry with Wilson. Crazier things have happened.

And maybe it's blind optimism or just wanting to get back to getting points from Engram, but shedding the boot seems a huge positive to me, and everything he said sounds like he is progressing rather than regressing or not healing.

Not sure if he practiced today, doubt the team would let him if he could. Just hoping I don't have to address him being out as I can't afford to drop someone thanks to bye and injury (another thing that may be clouding my perception).

If he practices tomorrow, even in a limited fashion, I have to believe that's nothing but good news. Not expecting him too because, well, it's Wednesday my dudes -- lots of vets get rest midweek.

We'll see.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

He might be owned in larger leagues, but Jack Doyle might not be a bad option. Sounds like both Ebron and Alie-Cox could be out, in addition to Hilton, Campbell, and Mack. Doyle could have a bit of the "where else is the ball gonna go?" value this week, as could Pascal. Bad news there, is that you'd have to decide by Thursday night.

1 hour ago, travdogg said:

He might be owned in larger leagues, but Jack Doyle might not be a bad option. Sounds like both Ebron and Alie-Cox could be out, in addition to Hilton, Campbell, and Mack. Doyle could have a bit of the "where else is the ball gonna go?" value this week, as could Pascal. Bad news there, is that you'd have to decide by Thursday night.

Ugh don't say that I picked up Doyle to cover for Engram last week and he gave me a fat goose.

I want to shed Doyle for a primo cuff (Pollard, Wilkins/Williams, etc.) who I know will be gone if I don't move this week.

Please be better, Engram.

Also sounds like it might be safe to bet the farm on Houston to cover the -3.5 spread this weekend with given the walking mash unit that the Colts seem to be.

55 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Based on my league stats, here are the top 5 D's you want your TE to be playing against:

1) ARI - on a bye this week

2) TB - with Austin Hooper sidelined, his replacement has a great matchup.  The problem is, Matt Ryan basically forgot about TE's last week.  Luke Stocker, the team's TE leader in snaps (43), got zero targets.  Jaeden Graham, who played 34 snaps, got just 2 targets.  I wouldn't want either in my fantasy lineup.

3) OAK - Ryan Griffin has had 3 decent games out of his last 4, and with Herndon shelved, he's worth a long look this week.

4) GB - Ross Dwelley outsnapped Garrett Celek 69 to 23 last week with Kittle out, and made the best of his 5 targets with 2 TD's.  Dwelley was the only TE to receive targets, but his 14 yards on 4 catches doesn't inspire confidence.  Will Kittle be back for week 12?  I dunno, but SF plays the late game on Sunday, so rostering Dwelley means you cross your fingers and hope Kittle gets ruled out sooner vs later.

5) DAL - Ben Watson, hmmm?  7 catches on 9 targets the last 2 weeks, but yardage sucks because he is 100 years old.  Watson has been the clear cut TE1 for the Patriots since week 7, so he is worth a shot.  Could Ben be last week's Dwelley?

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Ugh don't say that I picked up Doyle to cover for Engram last week and he gave me a fat goose.

I want to shed Doyle for a primo cuff (Pollard, Wilkins/Williams, etc.) who I know will be gone if I don't move this week.

Please be better, Engram.

Also sounds like it might be safe to bet the farm on Houston to cover the -3.5 spread this weekend with given the walking mash unit that the Colts seem to be.

I'm with you in hoping Engram gets better fast. I need him to fill in for Henry, and am likely dropping Engram if he's out, as I have 5 guys more important than Engram that are on bye this week. 

I disagree about the Indy/Houston game though. Houston is in no better shape than Indy. The defense has completely fallen apart since Watt went down. They have 2 banged up o-line starters, Watson was clearly hurt last week, and who knows Fuller's status. I'm betting on the Colts this week, due to a superior defense, a FAR superior o-line, and better coaching.

Is it time to cut bait or just too much more talking than WW options assuming you can survive in playoffs until he shows up?

Evan Engram (foot) expects to play Week 14 against the Eagles Monday night.

The Giants don't have to release a practice report until Thursday, but we'd expect Engram to be limited at worst. He's missed the last two games. Engram's return should send Kaden Smith back to the bench and fantasy waiver wires.

SOURCE: Pat Leonard on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 12:17 PM ET

Grrr, I now have 3 "studs" coming back in time to ruin my playoff game.  Loving he plays Monday night too...probably will stick with Cook against the best D vs. the TE. :wall:

42 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

Grrr, I now have 3 "studs" coming back in time to ruin my playoff game.  Loving he plays Monday night too...probably will stick with Cook against the best D vs. the TE. :wall:

👆  The only guy who is upset that Engram will play this week

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

👆  The only guy who is upset that Engram will play this week

I'm ecstatic...have Engram, Njoku, Olsen and a league that doesn't allow waivers during the playoffs...

Just in time for me. Need him desperately in a playoff game in a start two TE premium league!

Very happy to hear he might play, very sorry to hear it will be Eli throwing the rock.  IIRC, EE has had his best games with QBs not named Manning.

11 minutes ago, Statorama said:

Very happy to hear he might play, very sorry to hear it will be Eli throwing the rock.  IIRC, EE has had his best games with QBs not named Manning.

What? Week 1 this season.  The rest of his career down?

41 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Week 1 with Eli, Engram had eleven receptions for 116 yards, and a TD

Eli used Engram as a safety blanket -- great news that Engram looks like he is finally starting, and there is more upside with Eli than Jones.

5 hours ago, oldmanhawkins said:

I'm ecstatic...have Engram, Njoku, Olsen and a league that doesn't allow waivers during the playoffs...

I think we share a team, only I also have Hockenson.

3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Memory is fuzzy but I remember Geno Smith replacing Eli and EE going wild.  Engram is talented, and will put up some numbers with anyone at QB, but it seems like his #'s spike when the backup comes in

46 minutes ago, Statorama said:

Memory is fuzzy but I remember Geno Smith replacing Eli and EE going wild.  Engram is talented, and will put up some numbers with anyone at QB, but it seems like his #'s spike when the backup comes in

Engram had 7 catches for 99 yards and 1 TD with Geno Smith in a 24-17 loss to the Raiders in 2017.

• Thanks 1

Engram was limited in practice Thursday. He said he’s been doing a lot more this week. Seems to be a realistic chance he’s ready for Monday’s game per Jordan Raanan 

Sounds less certain than it was just yesterday in terms of his outlook.

Selfishly given a playoff bye, I hope he just rests if he's iffy to recover that much more for WK 15.

Even if you are in the first round this coming weekend, I imagine you have a backup TE rostered anyway, and as much as you might need Engram this week, you might feel the same if it means he can be fully ready to go instead of going out as more of a decoy. 

20 hours ago, Statorama said:

Geno Smith literally played 1 game and Eli IS the backup. Weird logic here

18 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Geno Smith literally played 1 game and Eli IS the backup. Weird logic here

It just seemed to me (again, IMO) that any QB under center with NYG not named Eli seemed to lean on EE more than Eli did.  EE seemed to be the first read for those guys, where he seemed like an afterthought for Manning.  YMMV.

Long story longer, with Engram coming back I would be more excited if it were Jones (or even the ghost of Geno) at QB than Eli throwing to EE.

Full disclosure - If EE is a go, I'm starting him and not looking back.  My expectations are just tempered a little bit with Eli getting the snaps.

IIRC Engram was getting more targets with Eli than the other QB.

I actually think Eli starting is more of a benefit to Barkley than anyone else.

Pat Shurmur said all indications are that Engram will be ready to go Monday night per Matt Lombardo

1 hour ago, Statorama said:

It just seemed to me (again, IMO) that any QB under center with NYG not named Eli seemed to lean on EE more than Eli did.  EE seemed to be the first read for those guys, where he seemed like an afterthought for Manning.  YMMV.

Long story longer, with Engram coming back I would be more excited if it were Jones (or even the ghost of Geno) at QB than Eli throwing to EE.

Full disclosure - If EE is a go, I'm starting him and not looking back.  My expectations are just tempered a little bit with Eli getting the snaps.

Per game stats with Eli (28 games):

6.9 targets- 4.3 rec- 49yds- 0.3TD

Per game stats with Jones:

7.7 targets- 4.5 rec- 51yds- 0.3TD

Per game stats with Geno (1 game):

8 targets- 7 rec- 99yds- 1 TD

Other than the 1 game with Jones (SSS) they look pretty identical.

Jones out of boot/Engram not practicing during media portion 

Something to keep an eye on with Engram...

Jordan Raanan - "Daniel Jones (ankle) doing something at the early part of practice. Progress. Still went inside along with Evan Engram (foot) when the Giants started to stretch. Not a good sign for Engram, who Shurmur said Friday all indications were he’ll be ready to go. Uh-oh!"

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
8m
Hold the phone on the Giants finally having all their weapons back. Evan Engram (foot) was on the side during the start of practice. Not a good sign

I had really hoped I could have played him in a flex in my premium TE league but I guess at least it helps narrow some lineup decisions this week....not that it's like the most important time of the year or anything.....lol. 

Best of luck to all with something to play for! 

That settles my lineup decision of Engram or McDonald.

17 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Did he have a set back? Is he droppable now?

Excerpt from Saturday Media Transcript 

TE Evan Engram -- December 7, 2019 

Q: You expressed optimism about being able to go. How much of a bummer is it that you can’t play?
A: It sucks. I was really excited about this week. I felt really good at the beginning of the week, felt really good in my rehab prior to the week. As the week went by, I just wasn’t ready. I made some progress but I’m not ready.

Q: Is there a specific point where you had a setback?
A: No setbacks. Like I said, just not ready. I couldn’t really do what I do and not ready.

Odd... he practiced and looked good. Guess they want to be cautious since they are out of it and Engram's injury history is piling up. Should be ok for next week.

15 minutes ago, GoBirds said:
  • Time to cut bait? Put in claim for Djoku, who else as an alternative at this point?

Njoku plays Arizona next week, so he would be first.

Kaden Smith has put up decent numbers as Engram's replacement the past 2 weeks.

Higbee might be playable against Seattle. Those are my top 3. Plus maybe a flyer on Jesse James or Logan Thomas from Detroit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GoBirds said:
  • Time to cut bait? Put in claim for Djoku, who else as an alternative at this point?

Kaden Smith

On 12/5/2019 at 5:43 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Sounds less certain than it was just yesterday in terms of his outlook.

Selfishly given a playoff bye, I hope he just rests if he's iffy to recover that much more for WK 15.

Even if you are in the first round this coming weekend, I imagine you have a backup TE rostered anyway, and as much as you might need Engram this week, you might feel the same if it means he can be fully ready to go instead of going out as more of a decoy. 

IN a large league requiring two TE's, Engram still out could be the nail on my coffin

17 hours ago, GoBirds said:

He worse than Engram!

Tex

Looks like their sitting him for the rest of the year. No need to risk further injury with a lost season.

Tex

26 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Not if Engram doesn’t play. 

True, but I was speaking from a heath perspective (Dynasty). Njoku is on the injury report more than the football field.

Tex

11 minutes ago, BigTex said:

True, but I was speaking from a heath perspective (Dynasty). Njoku is on the injury report more than the football field.

Tex

Redraft is everyone dropping Engram at this point?

7 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

I just saw a tweet that the G-Men were shutting Engram down for the rest of the season if true it I would be looking for other options. I drafted Engram and Henry so I’m going with Henry for my playoff push.

Tex

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Yep. Dropped for Powell. I also have H. Henry and Hollister though.