What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Evan Engram, JAX (1 Viewer)

Ugh don't say that I picked up Doyle to cover for Engram last week and he gave me a fat goose.

I want to shed Doyle for a primo cuff (Pollard, Wilkins/Williams, etc.) who I know will be gone if I don't move this week.

Please be better, Engram.

Also sounds like it might be safe to bet the farm on Houston to cover the -3.5 spread this weekend with given the walking mash unit that the Colts seem to be.
I'm with you in hoping Engram gets better fast. I need him to fill in for Henry, and am likely dropping Engram if he's out, as I have 5 guys more important than Engram that are on bye this week. 

I disagree about the Indy/Houston game though. Houston is in no better shape than Indy. The defense has completely fallen apart since Watt went down. They have 2 banged up o-line starters, Watson was clearly hurt last week, and who knows Fuller's status. I'm betting on the Colts this week, due to a superior defense, a FAR superior o-line, and better coaching.

Is it time to cut bait or just too much more talking than WW options assuming you can survive in playoffs until he shows up?

Evan Engram (foot) expects to play Week 14 against the Eagles Monday night.

The Giants don't have to release a practice report until Thursday, but we'd expect Engram to be limited at worst. He's missed the last two games. Engram's return should send Kaden Smith back to the bench and fantasy waiver wires.

SOURCE: Pat Leonard on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 12:17 PM ET

Grrr, I now have 3 "studs" coming back in time to ruin my playoff game.  Loving he plays Monday night too...probably will stick with Cook against the best D vs. the TE. :wall:

Very happy to hear he might play, very sorry to hear it will be Eli throwing the rock.  IIRC, EE has had his best games with QBs not named Manning.

What? Week 1 this season.  The rest of his career down?
Memory is fuzzy but I remember Geno Smith replacing Eli and EE going wild.  Engram is talented, and will put up some numbers with anyone at QB, but it seems like his #'s spike when the backup comes in

Memory is fuzzy but I remember Geno Smith replacing Eli and EE going wild.  Engram is talented, and will put up some numbers with anyone at QB, but it seems like his #'s spike when the backup comes in
Engram had 7 catches for 99 yards and 1 TD with Geno Smith in a 24-17 loss to the Raiders in 2017.

Engram was limited in practice Thursday. He said he’s been doing a lot more this week. Seems to be a realistic chance he’s ready for Monday’s game per Jordan Raanan 

Sounds less certain than it was just yesterday in terms of his outlook.

Selfishly given a playoff bye, I hope he just rests if he's iffy to recover that much more for WK 15.

Even if you are in the first round this coming weekend, I imagine you have a backup TE rostered anyway, and as much as you might need Engram this week, you might feel the same if it means he can be fully ready to go instead of going out as more of a decoy. 

Statorama said:
Geno Smith literally played 1 game and Eli IS the backup. Weird logic here

Geno Smith literally played 1 game and Eli IS the backup. Weird logic here
It just seemed to me (again, IMO) that any QB under center with NYG not named Eli seemed to lean on EE more than Eli did.  EE seemed to be the first read for those guys, where he seemed like an afterthought for Manning.  YMMV.

Long story longer, with Engram coming back I would be more excited if it were Jones (or even the ghost of Geno) at QB than Eli throwing to EE.

Full disclosure - If EE is a go, I'm starting him and not looking back.  My expectations are just tempered a little bit with Eli getting the snaps.

IIRC Engram was getting more targets with Eli than the other QB.

I actually think Eli starting is more of a benefit to Barkley than anyone else.

It just seemed to me (again, IMO) that any QB under center with NYG not named Eli seemed to lean on EE more than Eli did.  EE seemed to be the first read for those guys, where he seemed like an afterthought for Manning.  YMMV.

Long story longer, with Engram coming back I would be more excited if it were Jones (or even the ghost of Geno) at QB than Eli throwing to EE.

Full disclosure - If EE is a go, I'm starting him and not looking back.  My expectations are just tempered a little bit with Eli getting the snaps.
Per game stats with Eli (28 games):

6.9 targets- 4.3 rec- 49yds- 0.3TD

Per game stats with Jones:

7.7 targets- 4.5 rec- 51yds- 0.3TD

Per game stats with Geno (1 game):

8 targets- 7 rec- 99yds- 1 TD

Other than the 1 game with Jones (SSS) they look pretty identical.

Jones out of boot/Engram not practicing during media portion 

Something to keep an eye on with Engram...

Jordan Raanan - "Daniel Jones (ankle) doing something at the early part of practice. Progress. Still went inside along with Evan Engram (foot) when the Giants started to stretch. Not a good sign for Engram, who Shurmur said Friday all indications were he’ll be ready to go. Uh-oh!"

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
8m
Hold the phone on the Giants finally having all their weapons back. Evan Engram (foot) was on the side during the start of practice. Not a good sign

I had really hoped I could have played him in a flex in my premium TE league but I guess at least it helps narrow some lineup decisions this week....not that it's like the most important time of the year or anything.....lol. 

Best of luck to all with something to play for! 

Did he have a set back? Is he droppable now?
Excerpt from Saturday Media Transcript 

TE Evan Engram -- December 7, 2019 

Q: You expressed optimism about being able to go. How much of a bummer is it that you can’t play?
A: It sucks. I was really excited about this week. I felt really good at the beginning of the week, felt really good in my rehab prior to the week. As the week went by, I just wasn’t ready. I made some progress but I’m not ready.

Q: Is there a specific point where you had a setback?
A: No setbacks. Like I said, just not ready. I couldn’t really do what I do and not ready.

Odd... he practiced and looked good. Guess they want to be cautious since they are out of it and Engram's injury history is piling up. Should be ok for next week.

• Time to cut bait? Put in claim for Djoku, who else as an alternative at this point?
Njoku plays Arizona next week, so he would be first.

Kaden Smith has put up decent numbers as Engram's replacement the past 2 weeks.

Higbee might be playable against Seattle. Those are my top 3. Plus maybe a flyer on Jesse James or Logan Thomas from Detroit.

Sounds less certain than it was just yesterday in terms of his outlook.

Selfishly given a playoff bye, I hope he just rests if he's iffy to recover that much more for WK 15.

Even if you are in the first round this coming weekend, I imagine you have a backup TE rostered anyway, and as much as you might need Engram this week, you might feel the same if it means he can be fully ready to go instead of going out as more of a decoy. 
IN a large league requiring two TE's, Engram still out could be the nail on my coffin

Looks like their sitting him for the rest of the year. No need to risk further injury with a lost season.

Tex

Redraft is everyone dropping Engram at this point?
I just saw a tweet that the G-Men were shutting Engram down for the rest of the season if true it I would be looking for other options. I drafted Engram and Henry so I’m going with Henry for my playoff push.

Tex

I just saw a tweet that the G-Men were shutting Engram down for the rest of the season if true it I would be looking for other options. I drafted Engram and Henry so I’m going with Henry for my playoff push.

Tex
Could you link that tweet please?

Evan Engram (foot) was limited in practice again Thursday.

Kaden Smith has played 98%, 91% and 96% of the offense's snaps in three games without Engram and Rhett Ellison (concussion). His 2-9-0 line in Week 14 demonstrated the floor of a No. 4 or No. 5 option in a mediocre passing game, but his full-time role makes the rookie worthy of high-end TE2 treatment. Fire Engram up as a strong TE1 if active in this great matchup.

Dec 12, 2019, 12:42 PM ET

Fire Engram up as a strong TE1 if active in this great matchup.

Dec 12, 2019, 12:42 PM ET
No way I am firing Engram up at this point. Had Hollister to cover him, and nabbed Higbee. Even if Engram plays, I am going to Higbee now that it looks like Everett will also be out.

Felt like dropping Engram outright and not carry three TEs, but at this point in the season, fighting against an explosion of Lamar Jackson, MAndrews, and Marquise Brown in the semis, doesn't really matter in terms of bench depth.  Need the points, and Higbee looks primed to contribute more than Engram this week.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton

#NYGiants TE Evan Engram no longer expected to play Sunday against Dolphins, per source. Has been practicing as limited participant + all were hoping he could do more, but sprained foot is just not coming along fast enough to return yet. Zero sense to rush + risk further injury.

Naturally the only player I drafted in both of my leagues.

week 1: “I’m a fantasy football god!” 

Weeks 10 ~> “I am Ruprect the Monkey Boy & I have a Cork on my fork. Not mother?” 
:doh:  

/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

I’ve gotten by with Goeddart in the meanwhile, and maybe he’ll be back for the LCG if I can make it there. Ain’t holding my breath though. So much potential. :cry:  

Giants placed TE Evan Engram on injured reserve with a foot injury, ending his season.

The Giants gave Engram's sprained foot five games to heal up, but it could never get there. Engram's third NFL campaign goes down as a lost season, while he's now been limited to 19 appearances over the past two years. Engram offers unique play-making ability for a tight end, but both his explosive plays and yards per catch were down in 2019. Daniel Jones' development is a wild card for Engram's future. Despite the question marks, 25-year-old Engram remains an elite dynasty league hold. He will begin 2020 as a top-eight tight end in re-draft leagues.

Dec 17, 2019, 4:05 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread