Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Evan Engram, N.Y. Giants

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Agreed. Like I said - I'd consider Gogurt/2.x for EE. Depends on where I think the 2nd is likely to be picking though Would have to be an early 2nd. 

There was talk not too long back of extending Ertz - I haven't seen any update to that. it was a month or so back. 

Yeah I could see them extending Ertz. Just can’t have them extending both!

3 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Yeah I could see them extending Ertz. Just can’t have them extending both!

As an Ertz dynasty owner you know what I'm rooting for. ;) 

I do love Gogurt though. He saved my bacon last season as an emergency TE when EE went down. 

19 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Agreed. Like I said - I'd consider Gogurt/2.x for EE. Depends on where I think the 2nd is likely to be picking though Would have to be an early 2nd. 

There was talk not too long back of extending Ertz - I haven't seen any update to that. it was a month or so back. 

News just broke on Twitter that they lowballed ertz and he shut down negotiations. They offered him less than they did in November. Yikes 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Milkman said:

News just broke on Twitter that they lowballed ertz and he shut down negotiations. They offered him less than they did in November. Yikes 

Seems unwise given the train wreck the Eagles have at WR. For this year at least I expect them to be leaning on the TEs a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Seems unwise given the train wreck the Eagles have at WR. For this year at least I expect them to be leaning on the TEs a lot. 

He's not holding out this year. Next year though.....

I'd say they might trade him but what I'm hearing is teams don't want Ertz and his expensive contract, they want Goedert on his cheap rookie deal. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1

Getting back OT...  Engram always had study qualities, just needs to make it through a full season.  I'm very bullish on Saquon and Engram this season.  I like the new coach and his old school approach.  I haven't drafted Engram but own him in dynasty.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Milkman said:

He's not holding out this year. Next year though.....

I'd say they might trade him but what I'm hearing is teams don't want Ertz and his expensive contract, they want Goedert on his cheap rookie deal. 

He's on contract until 2022.  He's not going to hold out.  And by then Goedert's "cheap rookie deal" is over too.  More milkman misinformation.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:36 AM, Rhythmdoctor said:

Getting back OT...  Engram always had study qualities, just needs to make it through a full season.  I'm very bullish on Saquon and Engram this season.  I like the new coach and his old school approach.  I haven't drafted Engram but own him in dynasty.

I’m all over Engram as a top 3 TE if healthy this year.

10 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

I’m all over Engram as a top 3 TE if healthy this year.

Agree. The one league I have him I was able to grab Hayden Hurst a few rounds later so I think that's a good combo because as we know the key words for Engram are "if healthy."

14 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Agree. The one league I have him I was able to grab Hayden Hurst a few rounds later so I think that's a good combo because as we know the key words for Engram are "if healthy."

I rarely back up my tight end. Not sure why. Shallow benches and love upside. I’m all in on Engram. If he gets hurt I’m headed to the wire.

Starting to remind me of my days of drafting Jordan Reed and getting really excited about him and saying “this is the year! As long as he can stay healthy!”

• Like 1

Evan Engram caught just 2-of-7 targets for nine yards in the Giants' Week 1 loss to the Steelers.

Ouch. Despite being third on the team in targets behind both Darius Slayton and Saquon Barkley, who each saw nine, Engram was eighth on the Giants in receiving yards. Off a 2019 Lisfranc injury, Engram suffered no setbacks over the summer and seemed no worse for the wear in this one. Chalk it up to a tough matchup against an elite defense. He'll be a back-end TE1 next week against the Bears. The seven targets are very promising moving forward.

Sep 14, 2020, 11:25 PM ET

Edited by Bri

lotta good TE production this week

TE39 in PPR (my opponent started him tyvm)

ETA: TE40

missed Ebron outscoring him (1-18-0)

Edited by BobbyLayne

He got 7 target and a bogus PI call on a long reception. This was against a very good defense. QB play was solid. 
I think Engram will be fine if he stays healthy.

Edited by 32 Counter Pass
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

He got 7 target and a bogus PI call on a long reception. This was against a very good defense. QB play was solid. 
I think Engram will be fine if he stays healthy.

Yeah, disappointed but not worried. He's clearly a big part of the offensive plans.

O line struggled mightily. I wouldn’t be surprised if this team takes 6+ weeks to get going. New offense, new coaches and no real offseason. It’s gonna take time. 

one of the biggest bait & switch scams of the past decade.

11 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

At least 7 targets both weeks now, it will come

1 at time of posting.  he needed a push and I gave it to him.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Evan Engram caught 6-of-8 targets for 65 yards in the Giants' Week 2 loss to the Bears.

Engram led the Giants in targets, catches, and receiving yards in this one, but the G-Men only scored one touchdown on the day. Engram's usage has been promising through two weeks, seeing a total of 15 targets, but he has just 74 scoreless yards to show for those looks. Engram gets a date with the 49ers in Week 3.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

1 hour ago, Faust said:

I find this article kind of funny because it mentions he had a really good 4th quarter against the Bears and he looked as good as the preseason hype that quarter. I view this as a positive going forward because he might be building his confidence as well as the trust of Jones. Fools gold? I am hoping he can build on this because I waited to draft a TE in 1 league and picked him after all my main targets were gone and I picked my wrong sleeper TE (Darwin over Smith) so I am kind of screwed in that league if he sucks. 

Evan Engram caught 3-of-5 targets for 22 yards in the Giants' Week 3 loss to the 49ers.

Engram also botched a high toss on a reverse. Turnovers remain a major issue for Daniel Jones, and it's hurting the stability of the offense. Engram did face tight coverage in a difficult matchup on Sunday, and things will be easier for him in Los Angeles against the Rams next weekend. The athletic tight end likely sees 5-8 targets as a midrange TE1.

Sep 27, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

Seems the only thing to do with this guy right now is stash him on the end of the bench. Starting Cox over him now. I'd give him away if anyone would take him, but seems too talented to cut. The Giants are a mess right now offensively. What are the rest of you guys doing with him?

8 minutes ago, Houston turmOiler said:

Seems the only thing to do with this guy right now is stash him on the end of the bench. Starting Cox over him now. I'd give him away if anyone would take him, but seems too talented to cut. The Giants are a mess right now offensively. What are the rest of you guys doing with him?

Traded him for Goedart in dynasty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Houston turmOiler said:

What are the rest of you guys doing with him?

In one league he's benched for Alie-Cox. In the other, my only alternative is Logan Thomas, who goes against the Ravens this week, and there is bupkis on the wire. So I guess I'll trot him out again. 

I think there is some overreaction going on here. The routes run and targets have been solid, Jones has looked fine, and they are looking at the end of that tough part of the schedule. 

I think Engram is a solid buy-low and I would consider him somewhere between TE6-10 going forward.

• Like 3

Evan Engram caught 6-of-10 targets for 35 yards in the Giants' Week 4 loss to the Rams. 

Engram led the team in targets. Not that it amounted to much. Engram is running a ton of routes and seeing good volume (he had 19 percent of the team's target share headed into Week 4) but the Giants' offense isn't able to support even one high-end pass catcher. Engram should be in lineups next week against the Cowboys. 

- Rotoworld

On 10/3/2020 at 2:03 PM, travdogg said:

I think there is some overreaction going on here. The routes run and targets have been solid, Jones has looked fine, and they are looking at the end of that tough part of the schedule. 

I think Engram is a solid buy-low and I would consider him somewhere between TE6-10 going forward.

Daniel Jones has absolutely NOT looked fine this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Frankman said:

I think given the schedule and the players around him, he has. I don't know if there are a dozen QBs who'd be playing better if they traded places. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 6:17 PM, Blick said:

Traded him for Goedart in dynasty. 

How much did you have to add to get Goedert?

3 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

How much did you have to add to get Goedert?

Nada. 

9 hours ago, The Frankman said:

There have been good moments and bad. If you’ve watched him play you’d see improvement over last year. You’d also see an OL that’s as effective as a doily made of spun spider silk. 

If you put Engram on the Chargers or Steelers he’s 85/1100/10 if he can stay healthy.

I’ve had the displeasure of watching 2.5 Giants games now. Alas, he’ll be wasted in NY for as long as that OL prevents DJones from developing. It’s feeling like David Carr 2.0 

Losing Saquan certainly didn’t help. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

There have been good moments and bad. If you’ve watched him play you’d see improvement over last year. You’d also see an OL that’s as effective as a doily made of spun spider silk. 

If you put Engram on the Chargers or Steelers he’s 85/1100/10 if he can stay healthy.

I’ve had the displeasure of watching 2.5 Giants games now. Alas, he’ll be wasted in NY for as long as that OL prevents DJones from developing. It’s feeling like David Carr 2.0 

Losing Saquan certainly didn’t help. 

Off topic... I'm a Giants fan; I've watched him play every second of his NFL career. The fundamental issue with him is he's a poor decision maker under pressure and we can't evaluate him properly there because of his inability to sense it at all. The line is not that much worse than it was under Eli or last year under Jones. I've said many times he needs a training camp to show that development...

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

I've said many times he needs a training camp to show that development...

I had the sense that he’s improved slightly in that regard,  but he’s still too often locking in on 1 receiver, staring them down and never checking down to his 2nd or 3rd options. 

Yesterday he nearly threw a pick when Engram was the target & he never even turned his head - despite obvious coverage he tried to chuck it in there anyway like a 1st time Madden player. 

I agree with you that he desperately needs training camp to either fix his flaws, or show that he’s in-fixable. Either way, Jones is one of those players who was most hurt by a lack of preseason. 

Evan Engram caught just 1-of-2 targets for 16 yards and rushed two times for nine yards and one touchdown in the Giants' Week 5 loss to the Cowboys.

Ouch, though the rushing score definitely saved Engram's day. He also had a touchdown catch on a fake field goal called back on a ticky-tack illegal shift penalty. Engram had drawn at least five targets in every game leading up to this one. Look for Engram to bounce back next week against Washington.

Oct 11, 2020, 8:34 PM ET

Such an embarrassment how the Giants are using him. Nothing but 4 yard curls. He has a lower depth of target than Frank Gore. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Such an embarrassment now the Giants are using him. Nothing but 4 yard curls. He has a lower depth told target than Frank Gore. 

On pace for like 166 targets and just over 600 yards. I assume that'd be a record. 

Pretty sure the shark pool said Jones was the next great qb after 2 preseason games so qb isn't the problem

Edited by voiceofunreason
  • Laughing 2

12 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

On pace for like 166 targets and just over 600 yards. I assume that'd be a record. 

Pretty sure the shark pool said Jones was the next great qb after 2 preseason games so qb isn't the problem

Jones isn't the problem, its the playcalling, and honestly a little on Engram himself. 

Garrett has been using him like he's Jason Witten, where as Shurmur was basically using him as another WR.

45 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

Jones isn’t good but I think the coaching staff has a lot of blame here. Just look at their OC. 

31 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Jones isn't the problem, its the playcalling, and honestly a little on Engram himself. 

Garrett has been using him like he's Jason Witten, where as Shurmur was basically using him as another WR.

It’s like a team running Alvin Kamara up the gut behind a fullback and then taking him off the field on passing downs or putting Matt Ryan in a zone read offense. It is just so painfully dumb how Engram is being used.

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Jones isn't the problem

Jones is part of the problem

Evan Engram caught 2-of-3 targets for 30 yards in the Giants' Week 6 win over Washington.

Engram has now been targeted five times in his past two games. He saved his fantasy backers last week with a rushing score but couldn't repeat that magic this week. The Giants' lack of offensive firepower under Daniel Jones has hamstrung Engram's fantasy output. The Giants have scored more than 20 points just once this year. Engram did see five targets in every game through four weeks before his recent drought. That volume should return and help him sustain low-end TE1 numbers going forward.

Oct 18, 2020, 5:00 PM ET

57 minutes ago, Houston turmOiler said:

Anyone still forced to start this guy? Feels like I keep saying this is the last chance, yet here I am again.

Right there with you.  Should have dropped him for better options by now...hoping tonight's performance instills more faith moving forward.

6 minutes ago, papacapps said:

Right there with you.  Should have dropped him for better options by now...hoping tonight's performance instills more faith moving forward.

Been starting Tonyan but feel like he's iffy for Sunday. Having Engram play tonight limits my ability to wait. Really are no better options available in my league unfortunately. I'm really sick of watching this guy disappear but guess I'll do it one more nighr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houston turmOiler said:

Anyone still forced to start this guy? Feels like I keep saying this is the last chance, yet here I am again.

Have to in one league unfortunately. Pretty shocked at how abysmal his numbers have been. Drop candidate after tonight maybe.