What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crow just got murdered in my back yard (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
I got home to find crazy noise in my backyard. Go out there and there are a bunch of crows going ape#### killing another crow by stabbing him with their beaks. ####ed up.

I chased them away. Now he's laying there why the others are sitting in the trees just watching it. It's not dead but he's not doing well. 

Not sure what to do here.

Let nature take its course. Maybe he was a pedo or murderer himself. Maybe he took out an eye and they were taking out his. 

I got home to find crazy noise in my backyard. Go out there and there are a bunch of crows going ape#### killing another crow by stabbing him with their beaks. ####ed up.

I chased them away. Now he's laying there why the others are sitting in the trees just watching it. It's not dead but he's not doing well. 

Not sure what to do here.
Most major cities have a wildlife rescue program that will take in injured feral birds. Put in him your garage or someplace safe from predators overnight and see, who in your effort can help with this tomorrow morning.

Crows be crow'in.

Sad but true. :(

Let nature be nature, imo.

However, if you want to take on a pretty big responsibility, you can try to help it.

I've had a few few wild pets over the years. I did enjoy it much, but it is a lot of work.

YMMV. :shrug:

Also, I respect your concern.

So there's probably like 12-15 crows all over trees in my yard making loud crow noises. The injured one kind of slide on his back underneath a lounger that has a cover on it. 

This is some freaky business.

I just wanted to turn my grill on. 

That's why they call it a murder of crows. Step away and let them be.
Think this is the plan. I'll monitor the situation.

The outcast crow has righted himself but is still under the lounger. The others have gotten quiet, too quiet.

Is it possible the crows are making a sacrifice to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most major cities have a wildlife rescue program that will take in injured feral birds. Put in him your garage or someplace safe from predators overnight and see, who in your effort can help with this tomorrow morning.
There's been a development. My initial assessment may have been a bit aggressive. He's still under the lounger, sitting there upright. Not getting super close but he looks alright, just weird it hasn't left yet. 

The other crows have taken off.

Going to throw him some birdseed and leave it be and check back later tonight.

T and P going to the crow. I'm pulling for him.

So there's probably like 12-15 crows all over trees in my yard making loud crow noises. The injured one kind of slide on his back underneath a lounger that has a cover on it. 

This is some freaky business.

I just wanted to turn my grill on. 
First world animal kingdom problems.

Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one. Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks...Can you put me up for the night?

Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one. Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks...Can you put me up for the night?
 I just want to point out that a man that jokes about Christianity likes table tennis. As his main interest.  

So quaint to joke about the Lord that way...

Users who are viewing this thread