What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My 11yo son still believes in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
He will be 12 in June and is in grade 6.

Any other FBGs with same aged kids who still believe?

I knew the truth long before I "found" out. Kept up the charade to ensure extra pressies and candies/goodies at Christmas and Easter. 

My 12 year old stopped believing right before last Christmas (she turned 12 Christmas eve). She was pretty mad at us for lying to her etc. It could have gone better but she moved on after a day or so.

My 7 year old asked me today of the Easter bunny was real because his friend told him he wasn't and said his mom hides the eggs. I didn't have the heart to tell him the night before Easter. 

I knew the truth long before I "found" out. Kept up the charade to ensure extra pressies and candies/goodies at Christmas and Easter. 
My daughter was the same way.  This past Christmas she fessed up.  

She wanted the magic to keep going.  This was our first Christmas without us doing the elf although she was in charge of him.  

My kid will also be 12 in June and believes.  Or he's just playing us....

Also has no idea who Jesus is.  He's a liitle young for Lebowski imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no chance a 12 year old (and his friends) still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. 

Your son is playing you.

ETA: He prob thinks the presents get ####tier when he admits the truth.

My 11 year old is the same, or like others have said, he could just be keeping up appearances.  Thought when he was going on tonight about where stuff would be hidden, I heard a "you guys", but am not sure since I am old and sleep deprived.  

My cousins broke the news to me when they said that they saw a dude dressed as the easter bunny was kissing their mom.  I think I was maybe 6?  Was not a surprise.  I'm happy for children's embrace of stuff that isn't real, but fear for a world where kids realize Santa isn't real after they get a drivers license.

This is the first year that I'm not hiding eggs. Boys are 13/10. The 13 y.o. has known for a few years, but told us that he'd still play the game so his brother could enjoy the idea. Plus, I think he likes the concept, the "Magic" especially at Christmas, even though he knows it's not real.

As for the 10 y.o., we'll see his reaction this morning. Still have Easter baskets, just no Easter Bunny hiding eggs.

I tithed away enough money in my lifetime to buy a beach house believing something that's not true. :bag:

I ain't gonna make fun of an 11 year old who believes something that costs him nothing.

Is he your oldest?  My older children believed longer, but the story leaks out or comes out because of spite quicker with the more children you have.  We have 2 left at home, 14 and 9, and I think last Christmas was probably the last of Santa Claus because the 14 yr old was constantly throwing it out there under his breath even though he just found out when he was 12.  Easter never has been a big gift holiday in our family so it is not as big of an issue.

Ours 15-13 oldest two believed until 11 or 12 and the youngest 9 still believe.  I think it's a combo of wanting to believe, good brothers, good fun/presents, parents who enjoy the kids believing etc. 

of course they'll figure it out.  Why rush?

My daughter was the same way.  This past Christmas she fessed up.  

She wanted the magic to keep going.  This was our first Christmas without us doing the elf although she was in charge of him.  
Would bet good money this is where Chet's son and his friends are at.

When I was in fifth grade (late b-day, just turned 10), one of our classroom extra-credit assignments was to answer Santa letters that the kindergarteners wrote.

It probably won't last much longer, so enjoy it while you can.  My son is 12. Last Christmas was his first as a nonbeliever.  Not as much fun for us but still a special moment when they come downstairs Christmas morning. 

I always slip sometimes in class and then immediately regret it. I teach 8th grade but who knows how many kids hearts I have broken through the years. 

How many adults mocking chet still believe in invisible magic beings in the sky?
If that is the most subtle, nuanced and deep conception you can imagine in regards to the divine, then I think it says more about you, than those who believe. :shrug:

Happy Easter all! :)

:runs_off_to_find_eggs:

Hard night last night--we told our 12 year old daughter the truth last night. She was an avid believer and it was just heartbreaking to see her go to the mat arguing that Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc were real and she would have some really compelling points. 

She asked last night straight up about it and my wife and I didn't have the heart to continue the charade. She took it better than her mom and I did. We both were a little  :cry:

14 and 12 here...no belief anymore.  The 12 yr old figured things out between his 11 and 12th birthdays, so similar to others here.

Somewhere around the ages of 8 to 10, there are some classmates of other faiths who are tired of hearing about all of the gifts you got on Christmas or the chocolate eggs you got on Easter and just have to burst your bubble.  If there are enough of them doing it, there's nothing your parents can do to keep you believing.

Unless you live in Christianville, I can't see how any kid gets to 11 and beyond still believing.

My daughter is 13 and still believes.

Last night she said to me (about her brother - 17 - who is in Florida), "I wonder where will the Easter Bunny bring his basket, here or Florida?"

Too bloody cute.

Be happy they believe as long as they do.  You'll look back and be nostalgic towards that time of their innocence.

It probably won't last much longer, so enjoy it while you can.  My son is 12. Last Christmas was his first as a nonbeliever.  Not as much fun for us but still a special moment when they come downstairs Christmas morning. 
I'm ready for Santa to be over because I've already told her the spending on each kid is going to be less - she goes overboard.  Also, I'm tired of not getting the ####### credit for this ####!

Users who are viewing this thread