What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guy live streams random murder on Facebook. (1 Viewer)

top dog

Footballguy
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/man_accused_of_broadcasting_ea.html#incart_river_home

Claims to have killed a bunch of others.  Has everyone a little on edge out here as they are looking for him.  Just picks some random old guy on the street, asks him to say his girlfriends name who he is mad and and tells him that she is responsible for what is about to happen to him.  Shoots him in the head and walks back to his car.  Cops looking in vacant houses to see if they can find any other victims.  

My facebook feed is full of people claiming they heard he's in this suburb or in this other suburb out here.    :(

More detailed story... http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/accused_facebook_live_killer_c.html

Facebook Live killer chooses victim at random, laughs about killing in videos

on April 16, 2017 at 10:37 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Even in a city wracked by crime, the calls that came in to police Sunday afternoon seemed unbelievable. Numerous people were watching a man ranting about his miserable life live on Facebook and threatening to kill someone at random. And then he did just that.

In the videos Steve Stephens, 37, of Cleveland, took during and after the Easter Sunday Facebook Live killing, he seemed calm and even laughs about the pain and fear he knew he would cause the city.

His victim - Robert Godwin Jr., a 74-year-old father of nine and grandfather of 14 - just happened to walk into the path of deranged gunman about 2 p.m. on East 93rd Street, just south of Interstate 90 in Cleveland's Glenville neighborhood. Stephens filmed the shooting on Facebook Live and posted it to his page

Stephens' Facebook was deactivated about three hours after Godwin was killed, but the videos were grabbed and shared by news outlets across the world and posted onto YouTube.

In the moments leading up to the shooting, Stephens pulls his car up to a curb on East 93rd Street, near the intersection with Carr Avenue, and calmly said, "I found somebody I'm about to kill. I'm going to kill this guy right here. He's an old dude too."

Stephens got out of the car and approached Godwin, saying, "Hey can you do me a favor?" and asked him to say his girlfriend's name. Godwin appeared confused but said the woman's name.

Stephens then pulled a handgun and pointed it at Godwin's head, telling him that the woman is the reason why he was about to shoot him. Godwin's hands went up to shield him and pleaded with Stephens, saying, "Look, I don't know anybody by that name!"

Stephens fired one fatal shot at Godwin's head, and he zooms in on Godwin's bloody body on the sidewalk before walking back to his car and getting inside.

Cleveland police started receiving calls about Godwin's killing during and after the Facebook Live video aired, Cleveland police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia said.

Authorities searched all night for a white newer-model Ford Fusion with a temporary tag of E363630, though Cleveland police Chief Calvin Williams said at a Sunday evening press conference that the plates may have been changed.

In a second five-minute long video after the shooting, Stephens is seen on the phone with an unidentified person. Stephens encourages him to go onto Facebook and watch the shooting.

He then begins explaining to the person on the telephone about why he shot Godwin, saying "I'm at the point where I snapped" and that no one ever took his problems seriously when he tried to talk them out.

"I shamed myself. I snapped, I snapped. I just snapped, I just killed 13 motherf******, man," Stephens says on the phone. "I'm about to keep killing until they catch me, f*** it. I'm telling them to catch me."

In the video, Stephens also mentions that he works for Beech Brook, a Cleveland organization that provides counseling services for youth. He was wearing his name badge in the videos that identified him as a Beech Brook employee.

He also takes a moment in the second video to blame the killings on his girlfriend, saying that he woke up on Friday and just decided that he had enough.

"Now I'm just massacring people," Stephens said with a laugh.

The woman repeatedly mentioned in the first and second videos is fully cooperating with law enforcement, a senior law enforcement official told cleveland.com.

Though Stephens has claimed that he killed more than a dozen people, Cleveland police have said that Godwin is Stephens' only known victim. Williams and Mayor Frank Jackson have continued to urge Stephens to turn himself in.

"Whatever concerns or problems that he's having, we're here to have a conversation with him," Jackson said.

Stephens is considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached if he is spotted. Anyone with information about Stephen's whereabouts should immediately call 911, Williams said.

This is a tragedy, watched the video and it made my stomach turn how someone can kill another like it's nothing.

As for motivation

On Facebook, Stephens blamed the shootings on a woman, Joy Lane, who appears to have been his girlfriend. He wrote in the caption of a photo with her, “three years I spent with this ##### … I wish we never met.”
To hurt some girl that hurt him by killing a random old man.

Have they found and killed him yet? Search widened to 5 states. This guy is ready to kill anyone he crosses paths with.

I can't tell by watching  CNN because it's more important to them that they berate Trump all day than give info on a psycho killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine wanting to go watch the video of an actual random person getting shot.  I don't think less of any of you for it...but it makes me sick to even consider clicking that link.

I can't imagine wanting to go watch the video of an actual random person getting shot.  I don't think less of any of you for it...but it makes me sick to even consider clicking that link.
Video doesn't show the man being shot in the link OP posted. It shows the monster approaching the man and everything he does before shooting him.

My guess is that he ends up taking his own life...much like the other coward who posted his murders on Twitter (guy who killed the live TV reporter and camera man).

My guess is that he ends up taking his own life...much like the other coward who posted his murders on Twitter (guy who killed the live TV reporter and camera man).
I encourage it. If so, it will be the 1st thing he's been successfully at in his pathetic, loser existence.

I'm just surprised this isn't the top story be covered. And surprised he hasn't been found by this point.

Crazy watching how calm he was. I did not watch the actual murder, but the video he shot after is like no big deal to him.

That is insane....literally.

and, unbelievably, someone will mourn his loss when they finally shoot this POS.   I wonder where his life all went wrong.  

(psst: someone will blame the gun)

I'm just surprised this isn't the top story be covered. And surprised he hasn't been found by this point.

Crazy watching how calm he was. I did not watch the actual murder, but the video he shot after is like no big deal to him.

CNN is too busy railing on Trump, Faux is too busy defending him. Not watching but are either one at least scrolling info on this POS? I mean seriously, this guy is looking to kill anyone he can. If I'm in that 5 state area, which now can virtually be considered all of the US, people need to be warned & on the look out for a 244 lb bald POS driving white Ford Fusion.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/17/facebook-killer-just-made-it-harder-to-find-him/

Authorities believe that the Cleveland killer who posted a Facebook video of himself executing a grandfather has now turned off his cellphone, making it more difficult for police to track him, sources told cleveland.com.
:lmao:

Does this really need to be said? Not only said, but an article? I figured this was just common sense. Personally, I'd leave my phone on and stick it on an Amtrak train or something if I was being actively hunted by law enforcement. 

JFC. Just shut down the internet if this is the stuff that exists out there now. Nice knowing you guys. 

Payne said:

Sociopath.  

shader said:
I understand that. But I have a strange facination with this sort of thing. I watch all the beheading videos too. I think there's something wrong with me :unsure:  

Payne said:

The media shouldn't give him any coverage at all IMO.  He obviously is doing this for the attention, so if it is the top story he will either kill someone else or a copycat will.

It is similar to not showing guys that run onto the field during a game.

The media shouldn't give him any coverage at all IMO.  He obviously is doing this for the attention, so if it is the top story he will either kill someone else or a copycat will.

I agree 100%...but news shows and sites are money-making enterprises.  Stories like this attract viewers/readers, and that attracts advertising money.  If you don't cover it, the next guy will.  The only way to get stuff like this off the headlines is if 1) people stopped tuning in or reading these things (which isn't going to happen), or 2) news media was no longer for profit, but people have already expressed enough concern about media censorship and state-run media that I doubt that ever happens here either.

Let's face it - American Journalism is basically "reality television," not real journalism.

I watched the video this morning and just keep thinking about that poor old dude. Lived a long life, probably been through a lot, just walking down the block and this piece of #### comes along and decides how this guys life should end. Sickening.

The shooter is crazy.  Tell his boss he won't be in to work on Monday!   That is what is going on in his mind after killing a random person?  

I have yet to see a compelling reason for FB to have live streaming and a whole host of reasons (broadcast murders, torture, rapes) that it should be discontinued.

Just watched the video...turned away and only heard the audio of the actual shot. As sad as you would think. From all accounts I've seen, a kind, helpless old man confused, begging for his life.

Hope somebody finds and wrecks this guy.

Just watched the video...turned away and only heard the audio of the actual shot. As sad as you would think. From all accounts I've seen, a kind, helpless old man confused, begging for his life.

Hope somebody finds and wrecks this guy.
Unedited version?

The link didn't have the shot

I have yet to see a compelling reason for FB to have live streaming and a whole host of reasons (broadcast murders, torture, rapes) that it should be discontinued.
There's still instagram and snapchat and youtube. You can't shut them all down.

they are saying that it wasn't live now. He recorded it and then uploaded it to Facebook. Not that it matters much...

Completely disagree in this case. Yes the guy is doing it for attention, but he has already said he is going to keep killing people. This story needs to be out there, with pictures of the guy so if anyone else sees the man they can get the hell out of his way and contact the police. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There's still instagram and snapchat and youtube. You can't shut them all down.
True,  but for whatever reason these things seem to be on FB.  And maybe we need to suffer though this transitory period while these companies figure out effective censoring tools. 

All I've learned here is that there are some incredibly cruel, stupid people out there.  Just the picture of the old guy he shot is pretty heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread