What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fender Bender (1 Viewer)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
I got hit in the rear and luckily the guy had insurance  This did around 2k damage to my truck, but you can't even notice it?  The only reason I took it to the repair shop is due to USAA wanting me to get estimates to it fixed.  I got a check for 2k in the mail today and the check was only made out to me?  Question 1.  Can I keep the check?  I don't own the truck fully, it has lien holder.  2. Why did they send me a check and not include the lien holder?  Thanks. 

Got rear-ended several years ago and had the same thing happen. Bent the bumper out with a crow-bar and took that check to the bank, brohan.

My only concern would be if the owner of the vehicle ran a carfax report on his vehicle and there is now a report on the vehicle  that occured while under your care.  I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if that could sting you--as the re-sale value of a car with an incident would be effected in a negative way.     My guess is that it's probably safe to keep the money--but I also think it's definitely worth doing some due diligence.  

Same happened to me a couple times in the past few years. Didn't see any obvious damage but when I went in, apparently the impact badly disaligned my trunk door which you couldn't see from the outside. If there is nothing visual you can see and that doesn't bother you then head on over to the bank.

I got hit in the rear and luckily the guy had insurance  This did around 2k damage to my truck, but you can't even notice it?  The only reason I took it to the repair shop is due to USAA wanting me to get estimates to it fixed.  I got a check for 2k in the mail today and the check was only made out to me?  Question 1.  Can I keep the check?  I don't own the truck fully, it has lien holder.  2. Why did they send me a check and not include the lien holder?  Thanks. 
2k of invisible damage?

Now national rates are going to go up because you are out break checking people and you have a Shady mechanic

That money is yours and you are under no obligation to fix anything. 
That was my first thought, and if you owned the car outright, I wouldn't second guess it, but what about the lien holder?  What is the nature of the lien...just a car loan for purchase?  This is not a leased car is it?  If it is a lease, then I don't think you can take the money and run.  

That was my first thought, and if you owned the car outright, I wouldn't second guess it, but what about the lien holder?  What is the nature of the lien...just a car loan for purchase?  This is not a leased car is it?  If it is a lease, then I don't think you can take the money and run.  
 When he returns the car if the leasing company doesn't see any damage and doesn't charge him anything, of course he can.

Users who are viewing this thread