What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ohio House Bill 132 (1 Viewer)

drkip57

Footballguy
http://home.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-sports-legislation/states/ohio/

Ohio residents are at risk of losing their ability to play fantasy football.  While HR132 attempts to define fantasy football outside of the gambling laws, the $30,000 registration is a poison pill for fantasy football platforms like MFL and the commish that is running your leagues.  If you live in Ohio, take time to contact your State Rep and State Senator to insist they drop the fee or create a carve out for smaller operators.

I have been playing dynasty for over 10 years and will need counseling if it is taken away!

:reported:

Don't you understand that government should control anything and everything in your life?  It's for your own good.  Please report to your nearest university and sign up for your indoctrination classes immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://home.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-sports-legislation/states/ohio/

Ohio residents are at risk of losing their ability to play fantasy football.  While HR132 attempts to define fantasy football outside of the gambling laws, the $30,000 registration is a poison pill for fantasy football platforms like MFL and the commish that is running your leagues.  If you live in Ohio, take time to contact your State Rep and State Senator to insist they drop the fee or create a carve out for smaller operators.

I have been playing dynasty for over 10 years and will need counseling if it is taken away!

No one is going to enforce that. Lmao 

When this is a priority for politicians, this tells you they are on the take for some cash somewhere.

Why would they concern themselves with something that harms no one?

No one is going to enforce that. Lmao 
For sure no one will enforce you playing in your league with your friends. It's absurd to think that the fantasy gestapo will be knocking down your door if they find out that you didn't permanently delete your "Show us your TDs" dynasty franchise.

However, bills like this are destroying season long money leagues like MFL10s and smaller money leagues who can't afford to pay the operating fees proposed by these laws. I live in Missouri and I am not able to play in MFL10's anymore because the state passed a bill last summer that required sites to pay a $10,000 operating fee to do business here. That drove everyone out but DK and FD. It sucks and more and more states are going this route. I believe MFL10s now list a dozen states where they can't do business.

This bill only applies to pay fantasy leagues and I agree with some of these rules. Instead of a straight $30,000 fee they should probably have a sliding scale based on company size, but some of the points in the bill are valid.

MFL has already cut ties in several states (including my own) over similar bills.

Good luck getting people in Ohio to act on anything though.

Your politicians know better than you do

You're just not educated enough in it. Once you are educated more you will like it more. 

It's for your own good

Users who are viewing this thread