What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty - Julio Jones for Landry, Hyde, 2.06 (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
PPR  - 12 teams.  can start 1-3 RBs, 2-4 WRs, 1-3 TEs.  I was offered Julio Jones for Landry, Hyde and my 2.06 rookie pick.

I have:
RB - Charles, Hyde, Hightower, Ware, Kelley, Artis-Payne, Williams (Buf)
WR - Allen, Baldwin, Landry, Marshall, Bryant, R Matthews, Sharpe, Thielen
TE - Olsen, Clay, Gresham

I need TE help, and I have my 1.06 pick... which I will RB hunt.

I know how I feel... I should take the deal.  Can someone talk me out of it due to my RB concerns?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a fairly easy accept especially when you only have to start 1 RB.  Ware will be just fine in that spot. 

I also don't think you need TE help.   Olsen will be just fine for the next year or two which should give you time to find a replacement.   

I traded Julio in desperation last year after I lost Kennan Allen (injury early) and Jeffery (susp) late for Hyde and dthomas it did work out for me I won our leauge but I still don't feel real good about dealing him

update:  instead of 2.06, now 1.06, but he will add Ebron.  So:  Landry, Hyde, 1.06 for Jones, Ebron.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other deal is much better.  Ebron is just a guy.  You don't need him as Olsen will be fine.  Maybe there is a better piece to include over Ebron.   

he made a mistake on the initial offer with the 2.06... he wanted the 1.06... and said that he would understand if I backed off the deal.  And Ebron is just 24 and in our scoring format, was 12th in PPG average.  It protection for Olsen, who is 32.  

So again, his original deal was suppose to be 1.06, Landry, Hyde for Jones...   that's the question now.  Ebron is just an add on if I am interested.  The value of the revised deal is more "close", leaning Jones way.  

he made a mistake on the initial offer with the 2.06... he wanted the 1.06... and said that he would understand if I backed off the deal.  And Ebron is just 24 and in our scoring format, was 12th in PPG average.  It protection for Olsen, who is 32.  

So again, his original deal was suppose to be 1.06, Landry, Hyde for Jones...   that's the question now.  Ebron is just an add on if I am interested.  The value of the revised deal is more "close", leaning Jones way.  
You don't really need protection for Olsen.  He still has at least 2 yrs left in the tank as he hasn't even come close to slowing down.  Ebron seems like just a guy at TE that is injured all the time.  There are plenty of TE's of his caliber that are out there to pick up or get really cheap. 

I hate it when guys send you an offer and then recant once you want to accept saying "I meant X not Y".  Terrible tactic.   

This is why I suggested snap accept...

ebron is ok, but what is your plan now for RB if you trade the 1.6?  Does he have a RB instead of Ebron he'd add?

This is why I suggested snap accept...

ebron is ok, but what is your plan now for RB if you trade the 1.6?  Does he have a RB instead of Ebron he'd add?
Should have taken the deal and figured out rb later. Oh well...

I agree with bstar, maybe he has an rb he can toss in or an early 2nd.  I'd still take julio/ebron for that package and then move some other guys. Some package of . Ebron, Allen, Bryant, and other draft picks should solve your rb problem. 

This is how the deal ended up:

I gave:  Hyde, Landry, Bryant, 1.6, 2018 2nd... 

I got:  Jones, Ebron, 1.7, 2018 3rd

I don't trust Bryant at all and the flip of just one spot in round 1...  I am happy with that.

Awkward when you stumble upon a thread about a trade where you're the other guy after it has gone down. I read through this about halfway like damn I did this exact deal recently. 

Clarify a couple things. Team has one stud at each position and I was looking for depth even if I was getting a tad less in return. Took over an orphan team and needed to start adding depth. Not a big Julio guy to begin with. I didn't purposely backtrack on 2.06 vs 1.06. Sent first trade with 2.06 chasing my 1 year old from not killing himself climbing on top of everything. Meant to hit 1.06. I had Melvin Gordon and scraps at RB for the guy suggesting another piece. I ended up basically turning Julio/1.7 into Gurley, Landry, Martavis and 2018 2nd

Hey man just because others think you made a bad deal doesn't mean it is...we don't know everything about the why behind the deal ...I traded Julio for Hyde and dt and most thought I was stupid for doing it ...guess what I won my leauge because I didn't have Julio hurt on the sideline like he has been the past two years where I finished 3rd and second ...don't have to feel bad about what u did tans behind it and prosper 

Users who are viewing this thread