What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Hernandez Found Dead - Suicide Suspected (1 Viewer)

Serious question... Are we allowed to feel good about this? Don't think there is anything disrespectful about that.
While there's no doubt the guy was a bad dude, Joe is right that suicide is a difficult topic for some people and families.  We should never be happy when someone ruins their life like this guy did.

If your intention was suicide, why waste all that money fighting the 2nd case? Why not save it for your daughter/wife? Pretty **** move.

Also, since you were just acquitted, why not wait for the appeals process on the conviction?

Guy clearly had issues, but def was piece of ####. Lots of tragedy in this tale.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your intention was suicide, why waste all that money fighting the 2nd case? Why not save it for your daughter/wife? Pretty **** move.

Also, since you were just acquitted, why not wait for the appeals process on the conviction.

Guy clearly had issues, but def was piece of ####. Lots of tragedy in this tale.
I think that maybe he thought he'd be vindicated in that case. When he was, and had no chance of parole, he ended his life 

Somewhat conflicted.  Never happy about people dying, but at times, it is more "acceptable" to me.

Similar feelings when an execution occurs as result of conviction of capital crime, use of the MOAB recently; death is tragic, but sometimes necessary/justified.

well i live in New England and while i agree Suicide in its totality is very sad i cant help but feel not all suicides are bad...people with a terminal disease should be given the right to end their suffering if they choose....and someone who kills other people for no real reason should lose their right to live no matter how it happens...Hernandez just saved the taxpayers a boat load of money...thats not being insensitive ...thats being truthful

I think that maybe he thought he'd be vindicated in that case. When he was, and had no chance of parole, he ended his life 
But why not wait to see if you can get an appeal through and have another trial on Lloyd?

He wasted all that money on this case (assuming it wasn't pro bono), when it could've been saved for his wife/daughter. ####### til the end.

But why not wait to see if you can get an appeal through and have another trial on Lloyd?

He wasted all that money on this case (assuming it wasn't pro bono), when it could've been saved for his wife/daughter. ####### til the end.
I have no idea but maybe he really wasn't guilty of this second one and he wanted to have his day in court.  He knew he was guilty in the Lloyd one and figured the chances of ever walking free were 0%

I have no idea but maybe he really wasn't guilty of this second one and he wanted to have his day in court.  He knew he was guilty in the Lloyd one and figured the chances of ever walking free were 0%
So he squandered his wife/daughters nest egg to prove he didn't commit these murders. 

IDK, it's weird IMO

So he squandered his wife/daughters nest egg to prove he didn't commit these murders. 

IDK, it's weird IMO
I have no idea.  Somebody asked why he would wait till after the trail   I thought about it and through my theory sounded plausible   I have no insight, no knowledge and quite honestly no real care but thought it was decent speculation   As for why he would squander his nest-egg, he never seemed like a person who cared about much other than himself 

Despite the kind of person Hernandez was it's still sad for his family especially his young daughter. And the entire story is sad for many other families affected by his actions. Agree with those saying suicide is nothing to cheer about. 

Serious question... Are we allowed to feel good about this? Don't think there is anything disrespectful about that.
I don't feel good about anybody killing themselves, but this is not a sad ending to a tragic story.  Hernandez seems like a genuinely bad guy who made some evil decisions.  He richly deserved to spend the rest of his life in prison, and if this is how he chose to play things instead, that's his call and not something that I'm going to feel bad about.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/854645014642741249

Sad ending to a tragic story. 

Please be respectful with comments here. Suicide is an enormous issue in society. Please do not use this space for jokes or one liners.

Thanks.

J
Sad? Sorry but this is anything but. Is it sad because he was an NFL player? What if he was just a Joe Shmoe on the street that was a convicted murderer, is it still a sad story or is it suddenly ok. This is one of the endings to this story that I'm actually pleased with.

Last thing this guy or his story demands from me is respect.  Good riddance. 
Agreed. The guy was a murderer. The only reason he committed suicide was because he was locked up for life. This is totally different than someone who is free to do what they want but has some mental issue and ends their life.

I thought I read that his attorney for the second trial was the one who defended the Casey Anthony people.  That guy can't be cheap 
Yeah she couldn't be more obviously guilty of murdering her kid. Baez must be one of the most expensive lawyers around.

This guy didn't kill himself because of depression he killed himself because he was out of outs. To draw an equivalency between Hernandez and people that are suffering but somehow managing not to translate that into murder at their own hands blows my mind. 

the poor souls who were addled with CTE and committed suicide deserve respect and sympathy, and reflection on player safety and care after retirement.

but this guy?  nope. not feeling it.  

Be respectful of the cold-blooded killer . . . . . or else.

This was pre-meditated murder, was it not?  And for what again?  The victim's family are the ones that should decide if they need to be respectful or not.

I can't imagine in this day and time a person could commit suicide in prison without someone seeing it happen.   Cameras, guards, other prisoners?   

I can't imagine in this day and time a person could commit suicide in prison without someone seeing it happen.   Cameras, guards, other prisoners?   
And when are they going to stop making it possible to tie linens to a barred window? They're just asking for prisoners to commit suicide with that. How about just a pane of bullet-proof glass?

Be respectful of the cold-blooded killer . . . . . or else.

This was pre-meditated murder, was it not?  And for what again?  The victim's family are the ones that should decide if they need to be respectful or not.
That's kind of the interesting part.

The motive for Odin Lloyd's murder was to cover up the other two muders. Now that he was found not guilty of the other 2 murders, there goes the motive. He probably had a good case for an appeal on the only murder he's serving time for.

Strange...strange timing on his suicide, if that's what this was.

Users who are viewing this thread